ADVERTISEMENT

New Facility = Eye sore

Pretty typical low intelligence response from someone who probably spends half their time at a kwik trip
season 5 episode 9 GIF by Workaholics

I assume in a few years once its all wrapped up it will be open for public tours and whatnot.

Agreed. However, Looks like the rendering has already been altered significantly from what is actually being built.

In fact, I believe they came out with a later video that’s as revised with what is now the current rendering. I’m to lazy to search for it though.
walnut stained particle board?

absolutely - and the decision to not take on debt and thus delay completion was the ath departments/university

none of it was going to be ready for this season until Rhule had to step in and do Trev's job

a completed facility sure would have helped recruiting last year and this year - but alas recruits had to sit through another year of watching a video or trudge around in the dirt wearing hard hats
Wrong, the 1st part is to be done in mid to late July or early August.

The way this building looks is one of those things that I truly do not care about. I won't be seeing it every day. I won't even be seeing it more than maybe a couple times a year when I visit for a game day. I'll walk by, go 'oh cool, it's open and functional' and then not think about it again until the next time I happen to walk by it.

Am I the only one that thinks the new facility is absolutely hideous? Who was the guy who signed off on the design of this.

The design matches none of the other buildings on campus. Especially the west side of memorial stadium, which it not only is directly next to, but is actually covering a portion of it.

This is the equivalent of putting a Kwik Trip next to the Vatican.

For a building you hope has at least 50 years of use, you’d think they wouldn’t go with such a ridiculous design that will surely be outdated in 10 years. Should have matched west stadium façade.

I’m sure functionality is fine. But once again, Nebraska missing on the little things.
It's not done yet. Have you seen the renderings? It's going to be fantastic Relax, dude.

By the way, I just phoned in a prescription of high powered chill pills to your local pharmacy.

Am I the only one that thinks the new facility is absolutely hideous? Who was the guy who signed off on the design of this.

The design matches none of the other buildings on campus. Especially the west side of memorial stadium, which it not only is directly next to, but is actually covering a portion of it.

For a building you hope has at least 50 years of use, you’d think they wouldn’t go with such a ridiculous design that will surely be outdated in 10 years. Should have matched west stadium façade.

I’m sure functionality is fine. But once again, Nebraska missing on the little things.
I think you may need to look at the campus a little closer.

The new facility is surrounded by the Old Coliseum/Military Naval and Science, Morrill Hall, Bessy Hall, Avery Hall, the new business college, Oldfather Hall, and the Stadium. Except for Morrill and Bessy, none of these buildings looks like any of the others, so matching never seemed to be in the cards.

I'm sure it'll be beautiful when it's done. College campuses rarely have matching buildings because many of them are historical and won't be torn down. The UNL campus is a montage of buildings dating back to WWI, through the 50s and 60s, the modern and cheap architecture of the 70s, and the overblown opulence of post 90s construction.

Reactions: Bugeater
I wouldn’t care much about the aesthetics of the building at all if the building wasn’t directly next to arguably the 3 most historic buildings on campus (memorial stadium, the coliseum, mammoth hall, etc).

Not only that, but literally covering a section of memorial stadium up.

This is the equivalent of putting a bumper sticker on a Bentley.

Neon uniforms are next I’m sure.
Fixed it for you. ;)

You have to remember after they announced it that day . A little thing called COVID hit and pushed everything back..
To be analytically correct, Covid hitting didn't slow anything down or cause prices to rise. It was peoples' insane reaction to it fueled by herd mentality, groupthink, and mainstream media and social media pushing for a dystopian society that caused the upheaval.

Or will be good cutting the cold 40 mph winds in the spring and fall.
Depends on the wind direction but if it’s that cold they’ll likely be inside anyway. I get the idea of practicing in the elements but at some point it’s tough to hold a practice if it’s too miserable.

if we don’t become football relevant in the next five years, it won’t be because of lack of facilities. Or probably coaching and strength and conditioning programs now. Nebraska NIL will have time to help chip away at our ineptitude. By 2030 if we continue to suck, flounder or lean heavily to mediocrity this will be the new norm.

Our lack of population in-state and surrounding area will defeat any desperate measure to really right the ship. Thank God women's volleyball will provide sports entertainment in the fall for Nebraska sports fans. Volleyball is safe and football is always a question of relevancy nationally. Incidentally, I think Matt Rhule will make us football relevant but the question is how relevant?
Devaney~>Osborne~> football 🫣.
Pettit ~>Cook~> future volleyball??

You mean East side

I wouldn’t care much about the aesthetic of the building at all if the building wasn’t directly next to arguably the 3 most history buildings on campus (memorial stadium, the coliseum, mammoth hall, etc).

Not only that, but literally covering a section of memorial stadium up.

This is the equivalent of putting a bumper sticker on a Bentley.

Neon uniforms are next I’m sure.
I think you meant "historical" buildings.

You probably should be more "outraged" by the fact that the "historical" west Memorial Stadium was completely covered up by a new facility in 1999, the "historical" north Memorial Stadium was completely covered up by a new facility in 2006, and the "historical" east Memorial Stadium was completely covered up in 2013 (which is now being obstructed by part of the new practice facility).

The south side of Memorial Stadium was completed in 1970 and is total straight line, sharp edges, cheap 1960s architecture, so it's probably hard to call that "historic" and it'll probably be torn down and replaced during the next 5-10 years.

BTW, the new business college doesn't look like Morrill or Bessy hall either.

You probably should be more "outraged" by the fact that the "historical" west Memorial Stadium was completely covered up by a new facility in 1999, the "historical" north Memorial Stadium was completely covered up by a new facility in 2006, and the "historical" east Memorial Stadium was completely covered up in 2013 (which is now being obstructed by part of the new practice facility).

The south side of Memorial Stadium was completed in 1970 and is total straight line, sharp edges, cheap 1960s architecture, so it's probably hard to call that "historic" and it'll probably be torn down and replaced during the next 5-10 years.

mic drop lol

At the end of the day I don't really care but at the same time when I first saw the image I was surprised they chose to have the main entrance stick out that far from the rest of the building 'covering up' some of the stadium.

is this the same architect nerd who came on last year ripping the designs apart? saying we needed better throw pillows in the lounge and we would be the laughing stock of the new building schools because we went cheap on the designers?

Knowing Gi Joe GIF by MOODMAN

The new facility could be shaped and painted like a Bud Light can and I would not give a shit so long as we win football games. If this new facility helps us recruit the players we need to win games then I support it no matter its architectural style or if it has pictures of Joe Biden and Donald Trump in the base of every urinal. I am so tired of losing. Tired of excuses. Tired of winning the offseason. Tired of hearing about how we are rocking it in the transfer portal.

Just ****ing win for a change. How about that? That would be even newer than the new facilities.

And please, for the love of all that is Husker Holy, can we implode south stadium and start over?

Last edited:
The new facility could be shaped and painted like a Bug Light can and I would not give a shit so long as we win football games. If this new facility helps us recruit the players we need to win games then I support it no matter its architectural style or if it has pictures of Joe Biden and Donald Trump in the base of every urinal. I am so tired of losing. Tired of excuses. Tired of winning the offseason. Tired of hearing about how we are rocking it in the transfer portal.

Just ****ing win for a change. How about that? That would be even newer than the new facilities.

And please, for the love of all that is Husker Holy, can we implode south stadium and start over?
I am desperate for NU to become relevant too. I'm not getting any younger. Still, doesn't mean the new facility has to look like the Flying Nun's habit.

It really is no part of the stadium and just wait until it is all complete. It will be unreal inside & out!!
You may want to change the title of your thread sonny boy

Just wish people would wait till it’s finished before judgement and bitching when it is’t even completed yet..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
The new facility is next to east stadium, not west. And I think the exterior of the stadium looks like a mall parking lot bank building thrown up by the lowest bidder in 1998. Nothing notable about it at all.
Yup you're right. I know its in that common area shared with the coliseum, mammoth hall, college of business, etc. Just got the direction mixed up lol

Reactions: mgbreis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT