ADVERTISEMENT

New DC

Needs 3 years. We don’t have the depth to pull guys out. The problem is that both sides of the ball are bad. If both sides can improve just 15% we’ll win the majority of the games on our schedule (speaking for ‘19).
I don't like Chin, but I do think some of the D problem is lack of talent. Our D line gets zero pressure. When Chin does get aggresive and brings a blitz they can't even get there most of the time. So basically we are leaving our DBs out there stranded to cover wrs for a long time. Even the best NFL DBs are not going to be able to hang with a Wr for as long as our guys have too. We have to be able to get some sort of pressure on the opposing qb. Outside of CU we can't do it.

First year DC’s have done terrible here. Bo’s first D was bad, Bankers was terrible, Diaco’s was awful, Chinanders is disgusting. Bo’s and Bankers both improved a lot in year two, maybe Chinander’s can too.
Bo's wasn't bad, it was average with vast improvement from the prior year. Banker did improve a lot in the second year, but if all he can do is as good as Banker, Chinander's always going to be holding this offense back and is not the right guy.

Is needed, very few football smart. Penalties and mistakes galore.
I think Chinander is in over his head. Some of the things he's done are as questionable as Diaco's defensive schemes. He's not a P5 level defensive coordinator and the sooner Frost figures that out, the better.

Reactions: ssmill777
I’m not that impressed with Chins and was leery based on what I watched of UCF last year. Having said that, I doubt that Frost fires him. Ever. Gotta get some talent and see where it goes from there. Give him a chance to figure some things out.

More instability on the coaching side of the program is exactly what this team doesn't need right now. We need to recruit hard and maintain continuity while we develop players on the strength and conditioning side (needs two years) and the culture is put in place. This takes time and we need to allow time and space for these growing pains to occur. So many people freaking out and wont allow the staff to establish culture.

On the plus side... the team managed to cut the total penalties in the game down to single digits.

Baby steps...

Yep... Let just keep changing schemes every year. Seems like that recipe works real well for us.

How about our players get out of their own heads, and we get rid of idiotic opinions like one I just quoted.

I think that would help a hell of a lot more in our current situation... but hey that's just me

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
I think we should just keep changing DC's every season till we get the right fit. In no way could that be part of the problem. It's bound to work one of these days.

And if it doesn't? Start swapping them out mid-season and at end of year.

Generally speaking, if something is not working at all, the best solution to the issue is to keep doing more of it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT