ADVERTISEMENT

New BIG conferance

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
West: usc, ucla, stanford, oregon, washington, az, asu, cal, boise, utah (10 teams) (no wash & oregon state) (basic structure of pac retained)
West/Midwest: NU, colorado, ku, wyoming, okie state, baylor, tcu, tt, houston, byu (10 teams) (no ksu)
East/Midwest: wis, min, mich, osu, iowa, purdue, mich state, ill, indy, nw, (10 teams) (no isu) (basic structure of big 10 retained)
East: florida state, miami, clemson, nd, north c., mary, ruker, penn state, pitt, west v. (10 teams) (basic structure of acc retained)

nd & michigan are not in the same division
byu can be in our division, church & nfl is on sunday..
recruiting footprint in florida, texas, so.cal
only sacrificed 4 teams
geographic sensibility retained
4 team play off (one from each division)
40 teams
then send the champ to play the sec champ, in the vegas raider stadium

Last edited:
IMO, if you're going to have a 40 team super conference you might as well make it a selection of the top 40 teams from across all the P5 conferences and get on with an NFL-like college super league. Let that new super league negotiate all the media contracts and split the money equally between the 40 teams ala the NFL arrangement.

The new league would be totally independent of the NCAA and make its own governing rules.

Posted in a different thread but since money is the ONLY consideration you might as well force the action on your own terms. B1G, Pac 12, Big 12 and ACC merge to form a "money grabber league" outside the NCAA. Add BYU, Uconn, Boise State, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, and San Diego St to get to 56 teams.

Top two teams from each of the two Champions Divisions form a four-team playoff and vie for the “Amazon Prime Cup” whilst the bottom two teams from each division are relegated to the Contender Divisions. Likewise, the top two teams from each Contender Division are promoted to the Champions Divisions. Play a 13 game all divisional opponent season.

Amazon’s La Liga II Electric Boogaloo Conference

Coca Cola Champions Division
Clemson, Cincinnati, BYU, Iowa, North Carolina, Oklahoma St., Utah, UCF, Oregon, NC State, TCU, Stanford, Boston College, Penn State.

Ford Motor Company Champions Division
Ohio St., Notre Dame, Iowa St., Northwestern, Indiana, USC, Miami, Boise St., Colorado, Washington, Wisconsin, Arizona St., West Virginia, UCLA.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rand Corporation Contender Division
Virginia, Va. Tech, Oregon St., Maryland, Cal, Houston, Washington St., Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Duke, Syracuse.

Chick Fil A Contender Division
Pitt, Minnesota, San Diego St., Wake Forest, Kansas St., Louisville, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Michigan St., Michigan, Florida St., Uconn, Arizona, Kansas.

Reactions: Jaemekon
Posted in a different thread but since money is the ONLY consideration you might as well force the action on your own terms. B1G, Pac 12, Big 12 and ACC merge to form a "money grabber league" outside the NCAA. Add BYU, Uconn, Boise State, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, and San Diego St to get to 56 teams.

Top two teams from each of the two Champions Divisions form a four-team playoff and vie for the “Amazon Prime Cup” whilst the bottom two teams from each division are relegated to the Contender Divisions. Likewise, the top two teams from each Contender Division are promoted to the Champions Divisions. Play a 13 game all divisional opponent season.

Amazon’s La Liga II Electric Boogaloo Conference

Coca Cola Champions Division
Clemson, Cincinnati, BYU, Iowa, North Carolina, Oklahoma St., Utah, UCF, Oregon, NC State, TCU, Stanford, Boston College, Penn State.

Ford Motor Company Champions Division
Ohio St., Notre Dame, Iowa St., Northwestern, Indiana, USC, Miami, Boise St., Colorado, Washington, Wisconsin, Arizona St., West Virginia, UCLA.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rand Corporation Contender Division
Virginia, Va. Tech, Oregon St., Maryland, Cal, Houston, Washington St., Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Duke, Syracuse.

Chick Fil A Contender Division
Pitt, Minnesota, San Diego St., Wake Forest, Kansas St., Louisville, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Michigan St., Michigan, Florida St., Uconn, Arizona, Kansas.
Not a bad idea, but Chevy, State Farm should have their own divisions as they have been around CF forever.

Reactions: cornhustler
I don't know why people hate the ncaa and want to end alot of college football teams that bring enjoyment to their fans...
Could it be that only 15-18 teams truly have a legitimate chance of winning the Championship? The rest are already just playing for their fans

far as the NCAA suits go - let them ignorant bastards burn they earned it

Could it be that only 15-18 teams truly have a legitimate chance of winning the Championship? The rest are already just playing for their fans

far as the NCAA suits go - let them ignorant bastards burn they earned it
whats wrong with fans enjoying football?

the ncaa must have pissed people off recently, I always liked them..
we got in trouble once a lil bit for giving poor players educational books..
but when we lost to oklahoma, colorado, washington, ucla, miami, fsu...etc...it was nice seeing the ncaa actually call them out for their cheating and lack of institutional control.

whats wrong with fans enjoying football?

the ncaa must have pissed people off recently, I always liked them..
we got in trouble once a lil bit for giving poor players educational books..
but when we lost to oklahoma, colorado, washington, ucla, miami, fsu...etc...it was nice seeing the ncaa actually call them out for their cheating and lack of institutional control.
Nothing is wrong with it per se, but if you’re not playing for a title chance. Your school will go broke, cold/rain/snow fans stay home. No money = no other sports
We (my business partner & I) drop waaaay to much money each year on 4 season tickets at 2 different schools for the playoffs not to be the goal.

Far as the NCAA, I could write a book on their hypocrisy & incompetence thru the years.

I would of hate to see NU get shut down in the 50's when we had no NC and were getting wrecked on a weekly basis

If OU, Texas, Clemson and Florida St. all go to the SEC. The only counter the B1G could do would be adding USC, Oregon, Notre Dame and Stanford

See these moves are literally all football moves, so I would assume if this huge of a shift happens I am fairly confident there would only be two conferences for football and the rest would all be either wiped out or move down to D2

Duke and Kansas would wipe their football programs and move to the Big East because the ACC and Big 12 would be gone. With USC and Oregon out of the PAC 12 it would also no longer be.

The conference's would look like this

NWC (Northwestern Conference)

USC
Notre Dame
Nebraska
Ohio State
Purdue
Michigan
Michigan St.
UCLA
Washington
Stanford
Illinois
Northwestern
Iowa
Arizona
Arizona St.
Wisconsin
Maryland
Rutgers
Penn St.
Indiana
Colorado
Minnesota
California
Utah

SEC (Southeastern Conference)

Alabama
Arkansas
LSU
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Texas
Missouri
Texas A&M
TCU
Mississippi
Mississippi St.
Georgia
Florida St.
Clemson
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Auburn
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Miami
Tennessee
North Carolina
North Carolina St

Teams left out...

Kansas St. (D2)
Texas Tech (D2)
Oregon St. (D2)
Washington St. (D2)
Iowa St. (Wipes Football and moves to the Big East)
West Virginia (Wipes Football and moves to the Big East)
Wake Forest (Wipes Football and moves to the Big East)
Pittsburgh (Wipes Football and moves to the Big East)
Syracuse (Wipes Football and moves to the Big East)
Louisville (Wipes Football and moves to the Big East)

If OU, Texas, Clemson and Florida St. all go to the SEC. The only counter the B1G could do would be adding USC, Oregon, Notre Dame and Stanford

See these moves are literally all football moves, so I would assume if this huge of a shift happens I am fairly confident there would only be two conferences for football and the rest would all be either wiped out or move down to D2

Duke and Kansas would wipe their football programs and move to the Big East because the ACC and Big 12 would be gone. With USC and Oregon out of the PAC 12 it would also no longer be.

The conference's would look like this

NWC (Northwestern Conference)

USC
Notre Dame
Nebraska
Ohio State
Purdue
Michigan
Michigan St.
UCLA
Washington
Stanford
Illinois
Northwestern
Iowa
Arizona
Arizona St.
Wisconsin
Maryland
Rutgers
Penn St.
Indiana
Colorado
Minnesota
California
Utah

SEC (Southeastern Conference)

Alabama
Arkansas
LSU
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Texas
Missouri
Texas A&M
TCU
Mississippi
Mississippi St.
Georgia
Florida St.
Clemson
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Auburn
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Miami
Tennessee
North Carolina
North Carolina St

Teams left out...

Kansas St. (D2)
Texas Tech (D2)
Oregon St. (D2)
Washington St. (D2)
Iowa St. (Wipes Football and moves to the Big East)
West Virginia (Wipes Football and moves to the Big East)
Wake Forest (Wipes Football and moves to the Big East)
Pittsburgh (Wipes Football and moves to the Big East)
Syracuse (Wipes Football and moves to the Big East)
Louisville (Wipes Football and moves to the Big East)
I just don't see some of these schools wiping football. It could happen, but there is too many dollars involved and football at most schools keeps everything alive. WV for one is a school that I never see them scrapping their program. They are similar to NE and have too much state pride.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I just don't see some of these schools wiping football. It could happen, but there is too many dollars involved and football at most schools keeps everything alive. WV for one is a school that I never see them scrapping their program. They are similar to NE and have too much state pride.
Yeah, there is no way they want that, but they are in a heck of a position with few good alternatives. I think we all knew this was the direction things would head, and now here we are.

if the big 10 can only get, aau schools (grant money), and it's not about football..the following have good recruiting areas, rice, (houston) emory (georgia) tulane (louisiana) they could be in our division....with kansas I guess...

according to this map there's some kinda private aau school in florida, (around the miami area) I wonder if they have a football team?

doing a yearly game in the houston, new orleans, atlanta and miami areas, would be a might helpful for recruiting. especially when you can tell recruits parents, they don't want to go to the dummy conference.
9949898_orig.jpg

Last edited:
BIG: ALL AAU

West:
usc
ucla
stanford
oregon
washington
cu
arizona

Midwest: