ADVERTISEMENT

New article on LP

A really impressive article - shocking to find a journalist that would go on a limb to report the possibility of self defense.

I do believe Coach Osborne, like Coach Vermeil saw something possible out of LP, but even they could not crack the code at turning around his life.

I can only hope that justice is served - if he is guilty, that he's found guilty and stays in jail the rest of his life, or if it was self defense, that he is found not guilty and allowed to resume his path to rehabilitation.

A really impressive article - shocking to find a journalist that would go on a limb to report the possibility of self defense.

I do believe Coach Osborne, like Coach Vermeil saw something possible out of LP, but even they could not crack the code at turning around his life.

I can only hope that justice is served - if he is guilty, that he's found guilty and stays in jail the rest of his life, or if it was self defense, that he is found not guilty and allowed to resume his path to rehabilitation.
You know what they saw? Incredible athletic ability. Thats why he got so many chances.

They had plenty of rb's; could game plan however was needed. They were trying to save a guy also; and knew they would take heat. Its 20 years later; still taking shots.

Good read. Sad story all the way around. Hopefully it was self defense in that cell.

I can believe he is a target. Gang bangers want to rise in the ranks, take out a big name in LP.

You know what they saw? Incredible athletic ability. Thats why he got so many chances.

Yes, LP was a great talent but I think those two coaches saw much more in LP than being a fantastic running back.

Broken people can't be put back together. THEY HAVE TO PUT THEMSELVES BACK TOGETHER. And most don't have the skills... the others don't have the will. Living a broken life is easier than fixing the problem and letting go of the hate & pain.

Other than the football part of his life, it's probably the same story for most of the guys in there. The question is how to stop those stories from being written.

Other than the football part of his life, it's probably the same story for most of the guys in there. The question is how to stop those stories from being written.
One word would fix a lot of things. FAMILY.

I ran a construction project in the late 80's not far from this prison and at that time it was the absolute worst group of construction employees (around 100 on the project) that I ever had to build a project with. These guys would steal anything and everything that they could get away with and I could never, ever catch them. The construction work force in that area had some BIG scary dudes with tats all over them and I had some scary times when I had to fire people.
I guess my comment is that if you haven't lived in these areas before most would be surprised at how little respect there is for life and if you disrespect someone they will seek revenge in a heartbeat...don't ever wish to go back to that area.

Pat Jones does a local radio show in OKC with one of the sportscasters. Was asked who was the meanest player he worked with. Said when he was an Asst. Coach with the Dolphins, they picked up LP after he was released from the Rams, because he was a good back, and he seemed to be an OK guy to talk to.

He said in practice LP got in some kind of a scuffle with another player, and within a few seconds, had the other player down and was kicking him in the head.

Weird.

No....certainly not me. I'm working on an article for publication but it's not about LP

No....certainly not me. I'm working on an article for publication but it's not about LP
Sweet. Good luck with your piece. Thought maybe it was you. Not many guys named Lars around.

ADVERTISEMENT