ADVERTISEMENT

New Appreciation for N

Aug 22, 2014
Let me first get out of the way that I grew up hating Nebraska. Growing up in CB, as a Hawk fan, it was necessary. As I grew older, the hate faded, but when Nebraska joined the Big Ten, it resurfaced. The arrogance of past superiority, the endless optimism that things would return to glory, it made the last several years of wins all the more special.

However, the way things have played out during Covid, we are very similar. We are states without pro sports, small states that thrive on our college teams that give us our identity. Sure, you had amazing success in the past and no one can blame you for wanting that again. We have been good at times, good enough to nationally compete occasionally, but haven’t ever been dominate. But here we are, two programs that, along with the big dog of the Big Ten, stood united in wanting something that is very important to our being.
Maybe this will move our budding rivalry to a different level, one of mutual respect, where every year it is looked forward to as a must see match up with Big Ten West implications.

But for now, thank you for being you, a fan base that cares deeply about the great sport of football!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate and respect all programs, including yours, that fought to play.

Now get the hell out of here!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT