ADVERTISEMENT

Nekton Mentality

Misterscarlet

Sep 7, 2019
Hate to admit it, but there's a very good article on espn about PJ Fleck and Minnesota. All about culture and buy in. All the talk about Nebraska's weak culture seems to ring true as Fleck described his early, divided teams. Until NU can flip the loser mentality, the wins are not going to come. They need the nekton mentality as Fleck has instituted.

Hate to admit it, but there's a very good article on espn about PJ Fleck and Minnesota. All about culture and buy in. All the talk about Nebraska's weak culture seems to ring true as Fleck described his early, divided teams. Until NU can flip the loser mentality, the wins are not going to come. They need the nekton mentality as Fleck has instituted.
You should call Frost up and give him all the details.

Reactions: SC_'sker

Yes, I have literally started threads on this topic. There is NOT a specific timeline on when the culture completes its process. It could happen this month or two years from now.

What I think happens is that the freshman class becomes the class to change the culture over the course of their career. A 3 year process and then it should be complete and then it will rule over the program, making Frost's job much easier.

Yes, I have literally started threads on this topic. There is NOT a specific timeline on when the culture completes its process. It could happen this month or two years from now.

What I think happens is that the freshman class becomes the class to change the culture over the course of their career. A 3 year process and then it should be complete and then it will rule over the program, making Frost's job much easier.

All I know is the better the coach, the quicker the change in culture.

Reactions: jlb321

Agreed. Wandale, Luke McC, and Nelson will need to be those cornerstone culture builders and leaders.

Minnesota is a prime example of the importance or confidence, they went from not good to good because of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT