ADVERTISEMENT

Neighbor Rights and Barking Dogs

schinzpoppa1

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2006
What can you do about a neighbor’s dogs who are left outside and bark incessantly throughout the night?

I’ve asked/told them in the past that the dogs need to be put inside at night. They lock them outside because apparently they also bark all night when inside (his admission). That shouldn’t be my problem.

Nice family, but they are horrible pet owners and have two of the worst little yippie dogs. Will the PD even respond to this? I see that I can take them to court for nuisance/disturbing the peace, but that seems like a PITA.

Otherwise quiet neighborhood, and never hear any other dogs around barking constantly from 10pm-6am. Almost every night. They seem to not care about their animals. IMO they’d find better owners at the pound. I’m hoping their dog food gets laced with fentanyl at this point. Jk, kind of.

FWIW, I am a dog owner/dog lover and have a Rottweiler who never barks back in response to their dogs. I always spend time to train my dogs not to bark unless to alert me, and once I address them to “Stop”, they quit barking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.