ADVERTISEMENT

Nebyank Prayer Thread

HuskAir

Nebraska Legend
Oct 27, 2001
Omaha, NE
I haven’t been terribly active on the board in recent years, so I’m not sure if prayer request threads are frowned upon these days... but this one is for one of our own and for a very close person in my life.

My uncle posts under the name Nebyank, primarily on RSS, but he would sneak over to the free board from time to time. He’s fighting for his life right now due to some complications from having Covid-19. Things aren’t looking great at the moment and this recent turn for the worse has already sent shockwaves through the family. If you believe in the power of prayer, please say a prayer tonight for him. He has had a huge presence in my life and I truly don’t know what this world would be like without him.

Thanks.

Update: He passed away overnight.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words, all.

He will be greatly missed. He got me into Husker football and fantasy sports at a very young age. I don’t know if he contributed much to the board, but has lurked for a very long time. For what it’s worth, he convinced me to join the board about 20 years ago. Chatting about the next big recruit or sports in general will never be the same... there’s an empty space now.

I haven’t been terribly active on the board in recent years, so I’m not sure if prayer request threads are frowned upon these days... but this one is for one of our own and for a very close person in my life.

My uncle posts under the name Nebyank, primarily on RSS, but he would sneak over to the free board from time to time. He’s fighting for his life right now due to some complications from having Covid-19. Things aren’t looking great at the moment and this recent turn for the worse has already sent shockwaves through the family. If you believe in the power of prayer, please say a prayer tonight for him. He has had a huge presence in my life and I truly don’t know what this world would be like without him.

Thanks.

I remember him from long ago. He was a good one, with a great sense of humor. I’m very sorry for your family’s loss. RIP @Nebyank

Thank you for the kind words, all.

He will be greatly missed. He got me into Husker football and fantasy sports at a very young age. I don’t know if he contributed much to the board, but has lurked for a very long time. For what it’s worth, he convinced me to join the board about 20 years ago. Chatting about the next big recruit or sports in general will never be the same... there’s an empty space now.
I know how you're feeling right now about the "empty space". I lost my brother 13 months ago. He used to lurk mostly. He also got my love for the Huskers started many years ago. I never thought watching a game would be the same without us comparing notes at the half/after the game. I miss that the most.
Give yourself time bcz you'll always have your fond memories.
I'm so sorry for your family's loss & his friends' loss as well. May he rest in peace....

Thanks.

Prayers to the family

Reactions: HuskAir
I also pray this encourages those resisting getting the vaccine with find a place to get vaccinated as soon as tomorrow.
A freaking men. Sad to hear this. He and I had our spats over Covid and politics. But life is life Sad I wasn’t more persuasive in my support. Mad prayers for the family.

Thanks.

Lost my mom to covid in December and lost one of my best friends last week. Trust me pal, I know how you feel. And my prayers and my heart go out to you

This is sad news. So sorry to hear. Thoughts with friends and family of Nebyank.

Thanks.

Prayers sent. I just read this awful news.

Thanks.

So very sorry to hear about @Nebyank ......prayers sent for you, other family and friends. RIP.......

Thanks.

So very sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. Sending prayers and my deepest condolences to the family...

-Doug

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT