ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball

John_J_Rambo

Offensive Coordinator
Jan 10, 2020
at least 4 straight games PPD due to covid. looking at 20 days between games, assuming Jan 30th vs PSU is a go.

do they make these up later? how's this going to work? any chance this time off is good for the team? are they practicing? Fred recovering alright?

I heard Clouse say that the soonest Nebraska might be able to play a game will be February 3 at Michigan State..

• Wow
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
this COVID pause may very well rescue UN from capturing the all time big ten record for most consecutive conference losses

I think the serious cases escalate by this point in the infection timeline. I’m sure they’re fine.
Day 7 in most cases is where things can often go south. I have heard from my wife of people who thought they were recovering then they've crashed further out than that though.

Reactions: Herbert Husker
I work with a guy was listening to some Iowa State media guy who stays in touch with Hoiberg. He said it's been "up and down" or something like that. Doesn't sound like a real mild case.

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
Truely one of our best chances winning a game was lost canceling one of the home games against Penn St..

Rutgers and Northwestern has been struggling winning games the past 5 or 6 games and Nebraska will finish the regular season with a possiblity of knocking one of them off..

Truely one of our best chances winning a game was lost canceling one of the home games against Penn St..

Rutgers and Northwestern has been struggling winning games the past 5 or 6 games and Nebraska will finish the regular season with a possiblity of knocking one of them off..
At this point I don't care about the record or losses. Look at where Rutgers is at after the hot mess they were a couple of years ago. Fred needs at least 2 more pieces IMO to really be competitive in the B1G and they're on the way for next year. I just hope our coaches come through this okay and we can get a few more games in this year to keep the guys on the roster interested in coming back. Damn. What a year.

Reactions: scarletred
At this point I don't care about the record or losses. Look at where Rutgers is at after the hot mess they were a couple of years ago. Fred needs at least 2 more pieces IMO to really be competitive in the B1G and they're on the way for next year. I just hope our coaches come through this okay and we can get a few more games in this year to keep the guys on the roster interested in coming back. Damn. What a year.

I’m not all that concerned about out over all record this season but I’d just to see progress in games giving themselves chances to be competitive and win a game or two..

No question the health of Fred Hoieberg and the players and staff are the most important thing we take care of at this time..

I’m not all that concerned about out over all record this season but I’d just to see progress in games giving themselves chances to be competitive and win a game or two..

No question the health of Fred Hoieberg and the players and staff are the most important thing we take care of at this time..
Man that last game with Walker was encouraging. He's a man child. IF we can keep the best players around and add Baby Mac to this mix, we could be pretty good next year I think. Get the staff healthy and see if we can win a couple of games to end the year then get ready for good things to come. JMO.

We're just in a buzz saw situation with a rebuild in a year (or two) where players can stay longer in the league due to COVID.

The coaches are right for us and plenty good enough but you might not see it until year 4.

We're just in a buzz saw situation with a rebuild in a year (or two) where players can stay longer in the league due to COVID.

The coaches are right for us and plenty good enough but you might not see it until year 4.
The good news for us is that some of the other teams in the B1G are going to lose major contributors to the NBA after this year. Let's just hope Banton doesn't decide to take his game to the G league.

The good news for us is that some of the other teams in the B1G are going to lose major contributors to the NBA after this year. Let's just hope Banton doesn't decide to take his game to the G league.

Outside of Iowa the other top teams will just re-load.

Hoiberg needs to find some guys who can finish around the rim. A legit big guy. At Iowa St they were great inside the arc. Everything else will fall in place from there.

... and players like what's his name will still be at wisconsin.

The way to win in college basketball has pretty much always been to get old and stay old. We're going to have more talent next year and a year of getting better together so we should improve. But what record that means I have no idea.

might as well just call it the L record since we haven't used the W column in more than a year, and we won't notch another one of those in conference until 2022 or beyond.

even the most optimistic of fans can now only say they don't care about the record. what a pathetically sad indictment on the state of the program.

what's the point of even fielding a team?

Last edited:
might as well just call it the L record since we haven't used the W column in more than a year, and we won't notch another one of those in conference until 2022 or beyond.

even the most optimistic of fans can now only say they don't care about the record. what a pathetically sad indictment on the state of the program.

It isn't that we don't care. This isn't a situation (conference, COVID, and talent) where anybody could have done much better.

You could have had izzo or coach k come in here and they wouldn't be doing any better year 2 or 3 given the state of the rest of the league. we just had a ridiculous turnover along with an older league that is #1 or 2 in the country.

Just how it is. You don't have to like it just accept that it was going to suck for anyone.

My point was that Fred having COVID is the most important thing right now to me. I'm concerned about his recovery. Of course everybody wants to win but right now his health is more important and after having not practiced for weeks now, I'm not expecting much. Walker's performance in his first game out should give us some hope that with the addition of Baby Mac we could be pretty good next year. That's all. Dice it up anyway you like.

Reactions: Kleitusbpn
My point was that Fred having COVID is the most important thing right now to me. I'm concerned about his recovery. Of course everybody wants to win but right now his health is more important and after having not practiced for weeks now, I'm not expecting much. Walker's performance in his first game out should give us some hope that with the addition of Baby Mac we could be pretty good next year. That's all. Dice it up anyway you like.
heroic stance

from not wanting to judge too early to not caring about the L record to maybe next year

like I said, what's the point of fielding a team at all?

heroic stance

from not wanting to judge too early to not caring about the L record to maybe next year

I was not one of the people thinking the roster we had was going to compete well in the B1G this year. When Thor starts the season as one of your starters, it's probably not going to be a great year. The main object of this year is to try to win as many games as possible, to get experience in the league and hopefully keep the best players around for next year.

heroic stance

At this point I'd be in favor of it just to annoy people like you. But that's just me...

Realistically it should improve next year. And given what we know now, we will be much better the year after that -- to the point that the NCAA win or three SHOULD be directly a goal. That may change but it isn't looking like it at this point.

I guess after years and years of awful I'm willing to wait 2 years and not obsess. Hoiberg has shown more than enough just in recruiting to let this play out without acting like a kid in the backseat saying "are we there yet" all the damn time.

ADVERTISEMENT