ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball Vs Wisconsin

So NU had a 10 point first half lead, then WI went on a 14-0 run.

NU took a 1 point lead in the 2nd half, then WI went on another 14-0 run. And counting

Reactions: TheNewNU
So NU had a 10 point first half lead, then WI went on a 14-0 run.

NU took a 1 point lead in the 2nd half, then WI went on another 14-0 run. And counting
This team collapses under any adversity. Fred has talked a lot about that over the last 2 years.

Every game it feels like there’s a point where they all say, “Aw man, we’ve been following Coach’s game plan and we’re still down by four. Let’s switch into street ball mode!”
Nicely put.

I don’t understand why we always have at least one spell during the game, which lasts for like 7 minutes, where we can’t make a basket to save our life.

And for f’s sake, make a free throw!!!!!

This team needs 2 or 3 Eric Piatkowskis. We are a shooting team with no shooters and it shows every game...I don’t understand the game plan lately. Jack up 40 3’s per game, even if we already know we’ll rarely make more than 10. Our outside shooting has gotten no better from Miles to Hoiberg, possibly even worse.

Reactions: Huskerz99
Okay, I'm headed to the grocery store. Final thought: where the eff has Andre been the whole game? He just showed the best post finish we've seen all season.

Reactions: TheNewNU
How in the world did WI only have 3 points with less than 10 minutes in the first half, and end up with 67 points? What a crazy stat.

This team needs 2 or 3 Eric Piatkowskis. We are a shooting team with no shooters and it shows every game...I don’t understand the game plan lately. Jack up 40 3’s per game, even if we already know we’ll rarely make more than 10. Our outside shooting has gotten no better from Miles to Hoiberg, possibly even worse.
And a few Jamar Johnson's and throw in a few Bruce Chubick's for toughness and rebounding.

And a few Jamar Johnson's and throw in a few Bruce Chubick's for toughness and rebounding.
He keeps whiffing on shooters. Mayen and Lakes can shoot but they are total liabilities at eberything else. I think Bryce will solve a lot of problems next year.

Reactions: bigboxes
We seem to be a first half team for sure. 2nd half has been a big time killer for us this year so far. Hung in there wit Creighton in the 1st half as well. I know Fred can coach and make adjustments. Is this team just not conditioned well enough?

We seem to be a first half team for sure. 2nd half has been a big time killer for us this year so far. Hung in there wit Creighton in the 1st half as well. I know Fred can coach and make adjustments. Is this team just not conditioned well enough?

Reactions: donahues17
Okay, I'm headed to the grocery store. Final thought: where the eff has Andre been the whole game? He just showed the best post finish we've seen all season.
Within a minute of coming in the game he was really puffing and had his hands on his hips holding his sides. I'm glad he got in the game but he's nowhere near being able to play more than a couple of minutes a game. He'll play more I would wager as the season goes one. COVID really took the wind out of him.

This team is a big work in progress, no surprise that it played out like it did.
I actually was impressed by the way we played D in that first half. As the game wore on though I think we wore down a little chasing shooters in that zone. Wisconsin got a lot more open shots in the second half and they were draining them. That right there was the big difference in the halves. We HAVE to be able to match teams from the 3 point line or we're really going to struggle in the B1G this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT