ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball vs Wisconsin

Iowa went 10-8 in the Big Ten last year, when the conference was much stronger, and they had 5 wins against Top 50 RPI teams. Granted they did only have 18 total wins and a bad loss to UNO - but they had a lot more good wins than we will have. Syracuse went 10-8 in the ACC last year and also had 5 Top 50 RPI wins, and didn't get in either. 10 conference wins will not get us in the tournament - especially since Ohio State is the only team left on our schedule in the RPI Top 50.

The Big Ten is seen as being way down this year. I don't think more than 4 will get in. The Top 3 seemed to be pretty locked in. I think Michigan and Maryland have the edge right now for the last spot, with Minnesota also in the hunt.

Both Iowa and Syracuse finished 18-14 in the regular season + conference tournament. Both had RPI's in the low 80's at that time. Yeah, that's not going to get it done. But, if Nebraska ends up at 11-7 and goes 1-1 in the Big 10 tourney to get to 21-12 overall then we will definitely have a shot at getting in.

Iowa went 10-8 in the Big Ten last year, when the conference was much stronger, and they had 5 wins against Top 50 RPI teams. Granted they did only have 18 total wins and a bad loss to UNO - but they had a lot more good wins than we will have. Syracuse went 10-8 in the ACC last year and also had 5 Top 50 RPI wins, and didn't get in either. 10 conference wins will not get us in the tournament.

The Big Ten is seen as being way down this year. I don't think more than 4 will get in. The Top 3 seemed to be pretty locked in. I think Michigan and Maryland have the edge right now for the last spot, with Minnesota also in the hunt.

Syracuse was 19-15. Iowa was 19-14. If Nebraska has .559 winning percentage at the end of the season, they aren't going to the tourney. That's kind of a straw man example. If you think Nebraska ends up with 13 to 15 losses, then I understand your point. However, I don't believe they will finish the season in that neighborhood.

Miami and Va Tech both had 10-8 records in the ACC last season, but finished with 22 and 21 wins respectively. Those teams made the tourney.

The Huskers will be in with 20 or more wins.

Syracuse was 19-15. Iowa was 19-14. If Nebraska has .559 winning percentage at the end of the season, they aren't going to the tourney. That's kind of a straw man example. If you think Nebraska ends up with 13 to 15 losses, then I understand your point. However, I don't believe they will finish the season in that neighborhood.

Miami and Va Tech both had 10-8 records in the ACC last season, but finished with 22 and 21 wins respectively. Those teams made the tourney.

The Huskers will be in with 20 or more wins.

Fair enough. But I will be very surprised if we get to 20 wins. Remember we started 3-0 in the Big Ten last year. Each of the last 3 years, we fell apart down the stretch - lost 8 of our last 10 last year, 7 of the last 10 the year before, and lost 9 of the last 9 the year before that. We have more depth this year than usual, and we've stayed healthy, so maybe this year will be different.

Fair enough. But I will be very surprised if we get to 20 wins. Remember we started 3-0 in the Big Ten last year. Each of the last 3 years, we fell apart down the stretch - lost 8 of our last 10 last year, 7 of the last 10 the year before, and lost 9 of the last 9 the year before that. We have more depth this year than usual, and we've stayed healthy, so maybe this year will be different.

Well that's a different argument. If you think this team is only a 17 or 18 win team, then you are correct. They definitely won't be dancing.

When any of us have alluded to a possible NCAA tourney bid, I believe we were all stating it was an option with more than 20 wins.

Nebraska will have to avoid losing games that are "toss up" games. They can go 2-0 vs the Illini but it wouldn't shock anyone if they went 0-2.

Reactions: davecisar
Nebraska will have to avoid losing games that are "toss up" games. They can go 2-0 vs the Illini but it wouldn't shock anyone if they went 0-2.
You can put me in the shocked category. Nebraska should be favored by double digits against Illinois at PBA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT