ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball V. Penn State Thread

Didn't even watch it. Actually, forgot about when the game was. That's how bad this team has gotten. Apparently the attendance at PBA has followed suit as well.

Originally posted by Harry Caray:
I'm starting to think Molinari was not a great hire.
Agreed. I have wondered about him all year. We lost an offensive coach in Craig Smith and replaced him with a "defensive" coach in Molinari. IMO, our defense wasn't that good this year either. I think our defense was a product of our bad offense.

Originally posted by BetterRed:
Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
BR, he didn't play in the 2H and wasn't engaged. IMO, message sent, but too late.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Disappointing the way he shook out the last half of the year. I wonder if he even comes back next season? As a shooter, he showed some good range, but at his size, he needs to be playing the post. JMO. But if he's going to garner an attitude, then we dont' need that either.
That's funny because nearly every coach in college basketball is looking for a big that can shoot from outside. It draws the opponents bigs out of the lane and in theory opens up the lane for drives. Wisconsin kind of likes the way their big shoots from outside. Pitch can play in the paint if he wants to. The question with Pitch IS his want to it looks to me.

Originally posted by TheNewNU:
13-18, what a disappointing season. Probably the most over-hyped team in program history.
One guy could have made a HUGE difference. I said it all year. We lost by 3 to a ranked Maryland team and by 3 to a hot PSU team. Ray Gallegos averaged 7 a game last year and led the team in 3s and we didn't have a replacement. We would have at worst been an NIT team with Ray and more likely an NCAA team. We should be a much better offensive team next year.

Even though he was a streaky shooter, teams had to defend him as he could go off from 3 point range. Also, dot forget that Gallegos was a pretty damned good defender too.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This just in:

Teams lose players who contribute every season. They are replaced by guys who have been coached to replace them.

Yes, Ray had value last year, but to say that this type of season should be expected due to losing a Ray Gallegos is a big error.

A player of Ray's caliber should have been easily replaced - maybe even upgraded.

What a disappointing year for overall basketball in Nebraska.

NU 13-18 (5-13 Big 10)
UNO 12-17 (5-11 Summit)
Creighton 14-18 (4-14 Big East)

Nebraska has hope with new talent coming aboard new year. It will be young and inexperienced but it will be a talent upgrade that help them compete.

UNO will be eligible for post season play starting next season and has done a good job with recruiting.

Creighton - loses 5 seniors with litte talent coming in next year in an improving conference. Dark days ahead for the Jays.

Originally posted by Sooner_or_Later:
What a disappointing year for overall basketball in Nebraska.

NU 13-18 (5-13 Big 10)
UNO 12-17 (5-11 Summit)
Creighton 14-18 (4-14 Big East)

Nebraska has hope with new talent coming aboard new year. It will be young and inexperienced but it will be a talent upgrade that help them compete.

UNO will be eligible for post season play starting next season and has done a good job with recruiting.

Creighton - loses 5 seniors with litte talent coming in next year in an improving conference. Dark days ahead for the Jays.
Nebraska needs to find some offense somewhere on that roster, especially if TP leaves. Hopefully someone can infuse some offense. They also need to find some post play. Maybe Abraham can provide that, but he needs to get quicker on his feet.

UNO...who cares?

Creighton is losing 5 seniors and that may or may not hurt them. They've lost a ton of close games this year and fought tough, but those 5 seniors have had their struggles their whole career and need to be replaced by better younger talent for the Jays to move back up in the Big East. They've been putting together top 50 recruiting classes and (for what it's worth) they seem to be as high on some of their redshirt guys as Nebraska is. So saying they don't have much coming in is highly inaccurate. Creighton isn't going away or fading into obscurity no matter how much NU fans want them to.

Unfortunately Moses Abraham is a one and done transfers (Sr). Nebraska will still struggle with post play unless Hammond develops or they can sign someone else.

Creighton has transfers Cole Huff and Mo Watson eligible next year. Did not hear much about their redshirts Gilmore and Harrell. Justin Patton is talented but really raw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT