ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball V. Penn State Thread

Wearing New trunks I see I like the huge N on the right side of them. Hopefully we can win with them.

The "N" is okay, but the red cummerbunds have to go - those are awful.

Originally posted by BetterRed:
Originally posted by scarletred:
Wearing New trunks I see I like the huge N on the right side of them. Hopefully we can win with them.
IDK. Just from the eye test alone, I don't like the looks of them. I don't like that huge red on the top of the trunks.
I don't like the top of them either it looks like their pants are falling of their hips

Nebraska's inability to shoot is truly something to behold. Players not named Petteway are now 2 of 15 shooting.

Originally posted by Cornicator:
Nebraska's inability to shoot is truly something to behold. Players not named Petteway are now 2 of 15 shooting.

You are used to this by now, right??
Certainly, its just truly amazing almost. In college basketball, even poor shooters are better than this team.

At the 7:20 mark, players not named Petteway or Shields are 0 for 12 shooting... That's mind boggling.

You are used to this by now, right??
Certainly, its just truly amazing almost. In college basketball, even poor shooters are better than this team.

At the 7:20 mark, players not named Petteway or Shields are 0 for 12 shooting... That's mind boggling.
No, it is. Obvously I was being a smart-ass. But we've seen this all year that you just expect it and nothing new. But you're right.

Hell Penn State right now, a team that's been around 40% shooting all season is hitting 55% and 66% from 3.

But we will be better when Pettaway leaves! Yea, explain to me how losing our only offensive threat is a good thing....
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The shooting by Nebraska is what it is. It's the kind of thing that won't change until new players hit the floor. The thing that is the most frustrating IMO is the sloppy play. The carelessness with which they play is unbelievable. They're a NIT team if they just learned to take care of the ball offensively and not take bad shots

Pitchford rebounds like Homer Simpson reaching for a remote control - except I think Homer has a bit more hops.

Originally posted by shine003:
The shooting by Nebraska is what it is. It's the kind of thing that won't change until new players hit the floor. The thing that is the most frustrating IMO is the sloppy play. The carelessness with which they play is unbelievable. They're a NIT team if they just learned to take care of the ball offensively and not take bad shots
I agree, but they've been lost for a month now. Something really changed inside that locker room, and its effecting the play on the court.

Originally posted by St. Anger:
55% shooting for Penn State. 32% for Nebraska.
That's what happens when one team is getting layups and the other is taking ill-advised shots. Shields and Petteway jacking up whatever slop they can manage while everyone else stands there and watches won't lead to a high percentage. Biggest stat of the game right now is PSU's blocked shots.

Turnovers for this team have been almost as bad as the poor shooting this season. Some of the same is going on now, too.
Turnovers should be easily correctable. However I think this team packed it in for the year. No idea what caused it. Maybe they just didn't handle adversity well or TP decided he's gone after this year no matter what or something else. But they all seem to be out there playing individual basketball and not listening to a word Miles has to say.

I may be off a few shots, but I think players not named Terran or Shavon are 0 for 16 shooting at half. Did Rivers get his 2 points at the Free Throw line or a FG?

Is it really difficult to guard DJ Newbill out on the perimiter?
Well......is that Benny Parker guarding him? Parker is a good defender, but when you give up size to a good shooter, I don't care how well you can guard, you're going to give up shots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT