ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball @ Purdue

St. Anger

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 13, 2007
Purdue favored by 12. Would love to knock off another ranked team on the road.

So would I but we have a matchup nightmare with Purdue skyline.

We also play them at home later in the year.

What does Nebraska need to do to win at #21 Purdue?

A. Glynn Watson and Shavon Shields need to complement each other
B. Get Purdue's bigs in foul trouble
C. Have stingy defense and get steals
D. Lots of Bangarangs
E. All of the above

Purdue is going to be in the Bonus before the first media timeout. They are a terrible matchup for us.

Looks like Miles went shopping at Lou Carnesecca's House of Sweaters again.

Reactions: newAD
Need to start shooting better if we want to win this game, and Webster been turning the ball over ever since he was elbowed in the nose.

It would help if Webster would turn the turnover machine off. Cripes, is he concussed?

Jess Settles, former Iowa player who is in the B1G studio, was not kind to Nebraska for the Huskers keys to the 2nd half. "No chance." It's looking a little bleak after that last minute in the 1st half but sheesh someone's butthurt about something and didn't even sugarcoat his words against us.

Way to hang tough.... cut it to 7; no size and refs calling it like a jr. High game.... honestly, can we get a couple of big men, jeez

Short of landing one of the "one and done" type talents, good centers are the hardest position to recruit in college basketball. Building a program with no tradition or local talent is tough and takes time.

Reactions: scarletred
Short of landing one of the "one and done" type talents, good centers are the hardest position to recruit in college basketball. Building a program with no tradition or local talent is tough and takes time.

You have that right and then again Purdue has 2.:mad:

Purdue has traditionally been better than Nebraska. Nebraska is one of the 5 worst power 5 programs. Purdue has been competitive the last decade or so and has a much better local talent pool to pull from. Remember, Indiana is a great basketball state and has Chicago, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Detroit all within a day's drive. That's a huge advantage.

Why does Benny Parker get this much playing time? It just makes no sense when he is no threat on the offensive end and let's face it is not as good of defender as certain people think he is.

Reactions: Soda Popinski
Huskers playing hard but Purdue just too big inside plus the 3's are falling also. I give it to N though, there's not much quit in them..

F ing sickening watching their big men trash us... same sh@t different year... always a weak link somewhere

Waited too long to go to the zone. Not saying the Huskers would have won had Miles gone to it sooner, but I think it would have at least inconvenienced Purdue's big men.

Waited too long to go to the zone. Not saying the Huskers would have won had Miles gone to it sooner, but I think it would have at least inconvenienced Purdue's big men.

No doubt we will see more zone the next time we play them in Lincoln.

Why does Benny Parker get this much playing time? It just makes no sense when he is no threat on the offensive end and let's face it is not as good of defender as certain people think he is.
I've been asking this all year. He's zero threat on offense- he's a good "on the ball" defender out front but anyone without the ball can take him inside or catch and shoot over the top of him. He's good at exactly one thing and that shouldn't be enough to garner major minutes. I just saw the last 12 minutes or so of the game but Webster and Watson should take most of the minutes it appears to me.

ADVERTISEMENT