ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball is back

It's the second game of the season with a totally new team. When you shoot a lot of 3's, there is going to be a lot of variance. Just took the lead after a few 3's dropped for us.

Terrible shot selection by Nebraska. Need to fix that for sure. Not good for the offense to take bad shots. Bad high school habits taking over.

Just realized Steve Alford coaches Nevada. What a downfall.

124-63 at UCLA w 3 sweet 16 appearances.

Losing to Nevada? Well I guess its better than UC Riverside but this clearly isnt a tourney team.

Well we can still hope hoops will be better than football, but this game was discouraging. Looks like we have five guys who want to shoot threes and defense is optional.

How good is Nevada? Huskers look improved. Hate to see them battle back take a nice lead and then give it away at the end. Hopefully they learn from this one! Like seeing them compete against higher level competition.

Reactions: headcard
Banton's a good player, but that last defensive possession drove me nuts. When the shot clock goes under five, get in the guy's chest and make him put the ball on the floor.

Reactions: GILL T
How good is Nevada? Huskers look improved. Hate to see them battle back take a nice lead and then give it away at the end. Hopefully they learn from this one! Like seeing them compete against higher level competition.
Theyve made the tournament the last few years but their coach took a new job recently and they hired Steve Alford

Well we can still hope hoops will be better than football, but this game was discouraging. Looks like we have five guys who want to shoot threes and defense is optional.

I thought they competed well on the defensive end. A lot of our offense today came from our defense. We have some guards that get after it and, honestly, we were on the wrong side of a bunch of weak hand checks. I do worry about our interior defense holding up during conference play.

On offense, we just don’t shoot it well enough to take 40 3’s a game.

I had never seen Teddy Allen play before yesterday. I’ve never seen such an unusual player. He has the oddest shot, and he looks like that old man at the park playing with the young kids who knocks down shots but you have no idea how he’s doing it.
He clearly suffers from the same thing that a lot of highly ranked JUCO players do... he has trouble operating as part of a team. These JUCO scorers don't pass, they just take a shot every time they touch the ball. He's strong in the paint and rebounds so I'll gladly give him some time to figure things out. But yeah, weird looking shot.

Just realized Steve Alford coaches Nevada. What a downfall.

124-63 at UCLA w 3 sweet 16 appearances.
Yeah, sort of...but UCLA boosters are annoying from what has been said. They still seem to think they are buying the best players like they did when Wooden was there...So they have stupid expectations while UNR has none.

Dude is rich, lives in a tax free state (I think) with zero pressure from anyone.

Bad from Free Throw line and missed at least 3 dunks that I saw.
Yeah, sort of...but UCLA boosters are annoying from what has been said. They still seem to think they are buying the best players like they did when Wooden was there...So they have stupid expectations while UNR has none.

Dude is rich, lives in a tax free state (I think) with zero pressure from anyone.
But, do he and his coaching staff have rub down sessions in the sauna?

Nevada has been a pretty good team for about 5 years now. It would have been an upset for us to beat them.

That’s Hoiberg basketball. Never been a defensive wiz.

Live by the 3 die by the 3 today the boys died by it..Dreadful shooting day..

This team lacks a slasher. With all of the guys they have that are content to park behind the line, one would think there will be multiple chances to drive the ball. They got reckless in the 2nd half when they got the 10 point lead and took some really bad shots.

ADVERTISEMENT