ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball bitch about the refs and coach thread vs Illinois.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Illinois clearly goes to the school of Doc Sadler ugly basketball. Ugly it up and try to be close at the end to steal one.

I like how Illinois exclusively uses the right side of the court on offense. I'm not sure the ball has been to the left side of the lane a single time, midway through the first half.

Brilliant thread. Damn why hasn’t Nebraska scored on every possession or stopped Illinois on every possession. Jeez our coaches suck.

Why not go zone against Illinois? We're weak inside, we can't stop fouling, and they can't hit an outside shot to save their lives.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

On duty!

I like how Illinois exclusively uses the right side of the court on offense. I'm not sure the ball has been to the left side of the lane a single time, midway through the first half.
their coach must have gone to a Sadler coach's camp. Uggh.

You know that part in “braveheart” where William Wallace’s boys are watching him get tortured and they are whispering to themselves “‘mercy’ William, ‘mercy’.” Watching this is kinda like that.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Palmer having a pretty solid game. Good to see after he vanished mysteriously at Penn State.

I'm gonna boldly predict that on their next possession, the Illini will run a ball screen hand-off at the right elbow. Any wagers?

Someone needs to rebound. The putback is the only offense Illinois has.

Anybody else think this team looks like it's just going through the motions? Not much fire.

not Palmer and Allen's forte for sure.
Palmer had a good half, though. I like that he took on some ball-handling and distribution duties after Watson sat down, easing the pressure on Allen. Huskers need to do that more when Watson's in the game.

Anybody else think this team looks like it's just going through the motions? Not much fire.
Maybe, but more than anything they need a rebounder on the floor. If the Huskers weren't getting clobbered on the offensive glass, Illinois wouldn't even have 20 points.

Reactions: regionsdoc
HORRIBLE FOUL CALL ON ROBY.
Agree, bad call. However, an even worse understanding of the game situation by Roby. He put himself in a situation where the ref could call a foul, when the half was essentially over, thus giving Illinois two gift FT attempts.
Watching NU basketball and NU football with Riley leads to the same amount of "WTH" moments.

These refs are God awful, but that's exactly what I've come to expect. That foul call on Roby was a total load of crap, and there's been quite a few like that. Copeland in foul trouble because of BS calls.

I'm not excusing our play, we've shot like crap and can't rebound (though some of that is because Illinois is being allowed to do pretty much whatever they want under the basket), but we would probably still be up by at least 6+ points if these refs would remove their heads from their sphincter.

Important question needs to be amewered...

Does Nebraska win the 2md half by at least 3 points?

One basket in the first four minutes of the second half. Yikes.

If Miles knows what is good for his career, he had better not lose to this Illinois team.

Interesting what happens when the refs remove their heads from their hindquarters for a few minutes...

Oh my...Roby's head was at the level of the rim. My goodness!

ADVERTISEMENT