ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball +6 vs Hoosiers Today

The streak was going to be broken against Ohio State and we saw how that went...

jlb321. Dude, have you ever had anything positive to say about Nebraska or Nebraska athletics??
He seems to revel in pointing out stats that announce the Huskers' futility and the death rates of neighboring states to his apparent home in Minnesota. He needs help. Some of the point differential problem for NU was one HORRIBLE offensive performance against maybe one of the most talented teams in the country. He needs professional help.

Am I the only one who thinks McGowens needs to take over at point guard? I know he's more of a shooting guard, but Banton just has not looked good running the offense to me. He seems content to just hand the ball off around the perimeter for 20 seconds rather than try to make anything happen. I also think we could find some more creative ways to get him the ball if he wasn't playing point guard.

Am I the only one who thinks McGowens needs to take over at point guard? I know he's more of a shooting guard, but Banton just has not looked good running the offense to me. He seems content to just hand the ball off around the perimeter for 20 seconds rather than try to make anything happen. I also think we could find some more creative ways to get him the ball if he wasn't playing point guard.
I have though similar things but Fred knows what he's doing. McGowens is much better IMO at breaking down his man off the dribble and getting to the rim BUT once he does he needs to try to find the open guy when somebody comes to help. IMO, McGowens is our best player. IF we can put a couple of more guys with Banton, McGowens, and Eduardo Andre, I think we could be pretty good next year. Baby Mac will be a stud IMO. We need to find another high level transfer to go with him IMO.

Reactions: ATX Husker
He seems to revel in pointing out stats that announce the Huskers' futility and the death rates of neighboring states to his apparent home in Minnesota. He needs help. Some of the point differential problem for NU was one HORRIBLE offensive performance against maybe one of the most talented teams in the country. He needs professional help.

the big ten has 7 ranked teams in the AP top 25 -- ohio state isn't one of them

I'm sure it won't be long before you tell us how you knew all along that Tyler Heinkicke was going to be a gamer at QB

I have though similar things but Fred knows what he's doing. McGowens is much better IMO at breaking down his man off the dribble and getting to the rim BUT once he does he needs to try to find the open guy when somebody comes to help. IMO, McGowens is our best player. IF we can put a couple of more guys with Banton, McGowens, and Eduardo Andre, I think we could be pretty good next year. Baby Mac will be a stud IMO. We need to find another high level transfer to go with him IMO.
Any chance the goggles kid coming in could be that guy or do we need some experience?

the big ten has 7 ranked teams in the AP top 25 -- ohio state isn't one of them
Their ranking doesn't reflect their talent level IMO. They're ranked at #25 according to the schedule/results on Huskers.com. That said, I had them confused with Michigan. WE actually played Michigan fairly tough and they're loaded.

Any chance the googles kid coming in could be that guy or do we need some experience?
Breidenbach might be a guy but he looks like he'll need to get bigger if I remember correctly. A transfer 6-8+ guy who can hold his own in the paint and score a little would be nice. Man this team could use another Roby right now.

Their ranking doesn't reflect their talent level IMO. They're ranked at #25 according to the schedule/results on Huskers.com. That said, I had them confused with Michigan. WE actually played Michigan fairly tough and they're loaded.

again - the Neb game for other big ten teams is treated like a scrimmage -- absolutely no one in the conference is going to get fired up to play Neb

it is why Neb will probably win a game or two -- other teams sleep walk through that game -- they will catch someone napping too soundly

Breidenbach might be a guy but he looks like he'll need to get bigger if I remember correctly. A transfer 6-8+ guy who can hold his own in the paint and score a little would be nice. Man this team could use another Roby right now.
Agree with that too, wondered about his weight esp in this league. Yes if we had a Roby would open this up so much. We would still have to knock down those 3s a lil better but a guy like Roby in the paint would prob make everyone better...

Reactions: dinglefritz
Agree with that too, wondered about his weight esp in this league. Yes if we had a Roby would open this up so much. We would still have to knock down those 3s a lil better but a guy like Roby in the paint would prob make everyone better...
Really the crappy perimeter shooting by Thor and Lat has been our biggest problem IMO. Good heavens they've been bad. Let's hope they find their stroke. All it would take IMO is for those 2 guys to get going from 3 and the rest of the guys to keep doing what they're doing and we could sneak out a few wins. Watching Minnesota the other night against Michigan, I think we could get Minnesota IF we can knock down some 3s. Michigan beat them by 24 and it wasn't that close.

For sure, you watch the games as I know you do and you see they're missing those 3's during crucial times too. Both of them are getting such good looks as teams are just packin the paint against us. Fred keeps sayin its confidence, he would know.

Reactions: dinglefritz
For sure, you watch the games as I know you do and you see they're missing those 3's during crucial times too. Both of them are getting such good looks as teams are just packin the paint against us. Fred keeps sayin its confidence, he would know.
I played basketball for way too many years 3 times a week with several former college players and a couple of former pro players. I could shoot very well from deep. I had days and sometimes a week or more where I just KNEW I couldn't make a shot. They would pass me the ball and then I would give it up and inevitably they would bark at me "shoot the damned ball". My response would be I don't have it today. For pick up basketball some of those game got pretty intense.

It's so freaking mental and the only way to get through it is to keep shooting. I've heard several NBA and college commentators use the term "temperature check" when a guy jacks up a 3". Often times if they miss it badly they might not shoot another the rest of the game. Some nights you have it. Some nights you don't. I had games where EVERYTHING would go in and then other nights nothing would. Ironically the really good times were usually where I had a long lay off for some reason. Let's hope tonight's game those guys feel it after this long lay off.

• Love
I think we play with the most energy when Webster is handling the ball.

SIAP -- when can the transfer from Tennessee play? I know he had to sit out a number of games to start the season.

I played basketball for way too many years 3 times a week with several former college players and a couple of former pro players. I could shoot very well from deep. I had days and sometimes a week or more where I just KNEW I couldn't make a shot. They would pass me the ball and then I would give it up and inevitably they would bark at me "shoot the damned ball". My response would be I don't have it today. For pick up basketball some of those game got pretty intense.

It's so freaking mental and the only way to get through it is to keep shooting. I've heard several NBA and college commentators use the term "temperature check" when a guy jacks up a 3". Often times if they miss it badly they might not shoot another the rest of the game. Some nights you have it. Some nights you don't. I had games where EVERYTHING would go in and then other nights nothing would. Ironically the really good times were usually where I had a long lay off for some reason. Let's hope tonight's game those guys feel it after this long lay off.
Didn't Lat like make his first 3s to start the season and dude has hit 80 plus out of a hundred back to back in drills being defended in practice. Has to be mental for him, Thor I don't know seems to regressed overall. Well I've been waiting for Walker to see what we look like with him going forward so here we go! Not looking for him to be a savior esp after missing 2 yrs but hoping he can give us something inside not to mention more depth.

Does Vegas know something? +6 seems like a bait. I wouldn’t even be mad if we lost to Indiana by 6. But they don’t play as well on the road. I could see anything happening here, no money on it for me.

Getting Banton in the post early against a little guard. I like that, haven’t seen much of that so far this season.

That is ummm...a lot of cream...
tenor.gif

Again, Andre cutting to the rim, has his guy beat. A good pass gets him an easy two and that is the pass we never make. Just throw that shit! What do we have to lose? It’s not like we have ANY other form of consistent offense. Just do it.

Again, Andre cutting to the rim, has his guy beat. A good pass gets him an easy two and that is the pass we never make. Just throw that shit! What do we have to lose? It’s not like we have ANY other form of consistent offense. Just do it.

Wow. Allen of all people makes the pass, to Walker, his first game in 2 years and it results in 2 points even on a difficult shot. Imagine that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT