ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball +16 Tonight at Wisconsin

wisc had an up and down non-conference. they're potentially gettable if we make all our shots and they miss all theirs.
I would have thought too but last game they destroyed ranked Louisville by 40 or so. Not sure what got into them or what happened there

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Would like to see Fred throw a bit of zone at the Badgers tonight. Wisconsin hasn't been called for a moving screen since the pre-shot clock era, so they create a lot of open jumpers that way. A zone might neutralize that to some degree, if the players are active and take care of business on the boards.

Reactions: woodman79
Would like to see Fred throw a bit of zone at the Badgers tonight. Wisconsin hasn't been called for a moving screen since the pre-shot clock era, so they create a lot of open jumpers that way. A zone might neutralize that to some degree, if the players are active and take care of business on the boards.
My concern with that would be that NU hasn't looked good in zone defense IMO this year. IF we shoot well from 3, we'll have a chance. If not, it could get ugly.

But hey, let's all just enjoy the opportunity to watch Brad Davison give someone a Christmas punch in the balls! Or, better yet, maybe someone will punch HIM in the balls! He's a good player though, what with is 14 years of collegiate experience. Seriously, is this douche bag ever going to graduate?

But hey, let's all just enjoy the opportunity to watch Brad Davison give someone a Christmas punch in the balls! Or, better yet, maybe someone will punch HIM in the balls! He's a good player though, what with is 14 years of collegiate experience. Seriously, is this douche bag ever going to graduate?
Think he has that Grant Gibbs Disease.

Reactions: mgbreis
He is a senior...with 1 more year left though!

He doesn't seem to get as many calls as he once did though.
Yeah also I noticed fewer announcers breathlessly slobber on Davison compared to past seasons. Maybe the groin punches and various other dirty plays have finally caught up with him.

Wisconsin has five senior starters who have been playing together in the same system for the last four or five years. Nebraska will be playing a 10-man rotation that has exactly one game together — against an NAIA team — in that current iteration. The 8-man rotation before the Doane game has exactly seven games under their belt as a unit. An upset would be a monumental achievement. This Nebrasketball team will play its best ball in February and March. Here's hoping the stretch before then isn't too demoralizing. We're favored in exactly zero of the next 20 games.

Looking forward when the calendar changes to January so we can get to full strength the rest of the B1G season...

Tonight going to be difficult game in Madison...

Reactions: 9and4
Wisconsin has five senior starters who have been playing together in the same system for the last four or five years. Nebraska will be playing a 10-man rotation that has exactly one game together — against an NAIA team — in that current iteration. The 8-man rotation before the Doane game has exactly seven games under their belt as a unit. An upset would be a monumental achievement. This Nebrasketball team will play its best ball in February and March. Here's hoping the stretch before then isn't too demoralizing. We're favored in exactly zero of the next 20 games.
So you're saying there's a chance!?!

• Love
Reactions: 9and4

The B1G officials will play a bigger role than five senior starters.

Matchup zone action working so far. Badgers don’t know what to do when they can’t set moving screens.

NU should be ahead by 15, but can’t make a shot. Neither can WI, but I suspect one team not named Nebraska will heat up

Ref who is right on top of the play says no foul, but Davison whines a call out of a ref who’s 20 feet away.

I hope Stephen Bardo can pull his lips off Davison's schlong long enough to take a quick breath. He's in the danger zone.

10 point lead is just about gone. I suspect we will see a repeat of the Creighton game...surprisingly close first half only to finish with a big loss.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
I was just about to ask how in the Hell Wisconsin got 3 points for 16-footer, but they fixed it.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
We should maybe quit recruiting all length and get some guys that can shoot, just a terrible brand of basketball.

playing alright!

need to keep allen out of foul trouble. 20 mins to what would be a terrific W. let's go boys!

That unraveled FAST. NU was up 21-11 with 4:30 to go in the half. WI scored the next 14, before Thor hit a 3 to get NU back within 25-24 at the half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT