ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraskan's for Oklahoma

Huskerpro

Senior
May 15, 2007
Growing up I was always curious about which banners you would see around the stadium that that would say, 'Arizonan's for Nebraska' and so forth. This may be a little corny, but I think we should adopt a team to watch, follow and support to make lemonade out of lemons this year. Someone randomly mentioned this a few weeks ago and I think it could be fun. Honestly, I think it brings goodwill to the sport, kind of just good honest fun, and I really think the optics would be beneficial for our program that we aren't a bunch of sour pusses.

I say we get behind Oklahoma....

Thoughts?

You want to pick another team to follow, that's your business. I have zero interest whatsoever in getting behind another team. I have one team and one team only, and just because we aren't playing because of somebody's stupidity doesn't change that. I personally really do not get the idea of finding another team to follow and pulling for them in every game as if they were your own team. I don't think not doing so isn't being a "sourpuss" either. I will do as I do any other time I watch other college football games-I pick who I'm pulling for from game to game. And I most definitely would not get behind Oklahoma anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baxter48
Growing up I was always curious about which banners you would see around the stadium that that would say, 'Arizonan's for Nebraska' and so forth. This may be a little corny, but I think we should adopt a team to watch, follow and support to make lemonade out of lemons this year. Someone randomly mentioned this a few weeks ago and I think it could be fun. Honestly, I think it brings goodwill to the sport, kind of just good honest fun, and I really think the optics would be beneficial for our program that we aren't a bunch of sour pusses.

Thoughts?
Lincoln Riley is a dbag

not "adopting" a team. Ill probably watch football, but its honestly gonna feel pretty meaningless

That’s interesting, because for me, huskers not playing will probably make watching football for an entire day a possibility. When we play, and suck, it blows up my football enjoyment for the day. Without NU gettin me down, I’ll probably end up enjoying the overall season more.

Thoughts?
Better dead than Sooner Red! Them running scared of the annual NU-OU game was a sad day for all of football and a major reason we aren't in the Big 12 anymore.

Reactions: Baxter48
STRAIGHT UP NAH - f those cheaters.

I posted this on facebook prior to the 2010 Big XII Championship...."Fun fact, Oklahoma and Nebraska have been on NCAA probation a combined five times, Oklahoma 5, Nebraska 0."

Went over well with my OU friends, very defensive about their habit of cheating.

Thoughts?

I've always liked the Sooners. For most of the series with them, I think there was mutual respect.

https://www.yurview.com/omaha/its-gametime-as-omaha-high-school-football-returns-aug-27th/

Here’s the deal I will not become a ou fan for a season, screw them since they screwed us in the big 12 I used to have great respect for them until they decided they didn’t want the nu ou rivalry to continue on a yearly basis. The hopped in bed with Texas.

Reactions: bigboxes
I’ll be cheering for the local teams, KU and K-State. F Mizzou.
Hi.

KSUcks?
tenor.gif

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
I'll root for whoever is going to win me money for that week.

A team may grow on me over the coarse of the season that I eventually root for because I like the way they play or they have a great story, but i can't imagine waking up on a Saturday excited because my adopted non husker team is playing. 100% watching college football every weekend we have it though, huskers playing or not

Reactions: Huskerpro

Thoughts?

Hell no.

Thoughts?
You are not a Husker fan if you root for those F'n Hillbillies in any game other than when they play Texass. The mere sound of Boomer Sooner makes me puke.

Thoughts?

I am a true red Husker. There is no second place. However I like to see the old Big Eight foes do well. Especially K-State (friends went there). Living in Eastern Washington and having a lot of Coug friends I like to watch WSU. Not sure it will be as entertaining with Mike Leach gone. Boise State (by the way there is no Z in Boise. You pronounce it with an S) is a fun team to watch. I've gone to a couple of games and although the stadium is small it has a pretty fun atmosphere. (Boise is a fun town). At the FCS level I watch Montana play. My mother's whole family is from Lewistown, MT and my grandfather went to college at Montana. (Missoula is another great town. Very cool). Finally and I am going to get a lot of boos for this but I lived in California until I was almost eleven and that white horse running up and down the field caught my attention as a little kid.

Reactions: Huskerpro
That’s interesting, because for me, huskers not playing will probably make watching football for an entire day a possibility. When we play, and suck, it blows up my football enjoyment for the day. Without NU gettin me down, I’ll probably end up enjoying the overall season more.

Well, I'll cheer my ass off for the Sooners (and any other Big12 team) when they play Texass.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
You are not a Husker fan if you root for those F'n Hillbillies in any game other than when they play Texass. The mere sound of Boomer Sooner makes me puke.
I always hope they suspend the overtime rule for the Texas ou game and the game always ends in a ugly tie. A tie is like kissing your sister, good ending for those fing hillbillies and shorthorns

Reactions: dinglefritz
EVEN THOUGH I DEPLORE THE 'F' WORD, I NEVER LOVED CALLAHAN MORE!!!:)
The best part of that game was being down 30-0, Callahan gave the ball to Kriewald, who rumbled 40-50 yards. Then Kriewald got it again for another 4-5 yards. THEN Callahan kicked a field goal as time expired for a 27-point loss... to beat the 28- or 29-point spread.

That was one of my favorite Callahan moments. Classic middle finger to kick a meaningless field goal just to not be blanked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT