ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraskaland Mat Jam in Kearney

phillipfees

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2015
fairbury, ne
My wife and I took our son out to the Mat Jam in Kearney yesterday and I certainly enjoyed the day. They have wrestlers from around the State Pre-K thru 11th grade competing. It was great seeing so many young kids in the Matmen program around the state. This program gives the young kids the experience and coaching needed to compete at a high level later in their wrestling careers. But I think more importantly it teaches them sportsmanship, discipline and respect.
This was my son's last year competing out there. He took 3rd place in the 155-161 pound category and in his spare time he helps with the matmen program in Fairbury.
It's great to see Nebraska wrestling is in good hands with all these volunteer coach's, parents and Nebraska Wrestling AAU devoting time and money into this program.
It is a great joy to see a young 5, 10, 12 year old receive a medal for placing. Their chest pops out and a big smile on their face is priceless for any parent to see. For the ones who didn't receive medals you can still see the joy in their eyes from just being able to compete.
My hat goes off to Kearney, UNK Lopers and the State of Nebraska for supporting this wonderful program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.