ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Western Carolina (Huskers lose 4-1)

Top 8th

Leadoff walk for Eddins. A passed ball advances the runner to 2nd. Another weather delay. We can't end our suffering quick enough today.

After the 2nd weather delay Chesnut comes in to pitch and K's the first batter. A WP advances the runner to 3rd, one out. Back to back RBI singles before the final out to make it a 4-1 game.

What the hell was Bolt thinking.... My God that's terrible.
That's a DP all day long.

Ryan is either forced out at 2nd or tagged out/picked off if the first baseman steps on1st b/4 throwing to 2nd.

Let's just say a combination of bad luck and atrocious baseball leads to this type of game. If we were playing Clemson or Okie State today we'd be losing by about 10 runs right now, at least.

24-10 ish. I will say it again. Our upper classmen will be easily replaced. Even boldt by a few positions if not directly. This is a joke and as per usual this team has no heart

Ill add in here that uou can forget any benefit of the doubt on selection day for a decade

24-10 ish. I will say it again. Our upper classmen will be easily replaced. Even boldt by a few positions if not directly. This is a joke and as per usual this team has no heart

Ill add in here that uou can forget any benefit of the doubt on selection day for a decade
They may be replaceable but the same man will still be leading the program. And that's not good.

A decade? Selection day decisions are made on short memory terms not long memory terms.

They may be replaceable but the same man will still be leading the program. And that's not good.

We took some steps in the right direction this year. We need to play more young players and let our pitching mature. Should inprove next year. Itll need to be a lot because after this joke no more ncaa gifts for a long damn time

A decade? Selection day decisions are made on short memory terms not long memory terms.

We are in a crap conference and they let us in with a 48 rpi and we are in the process off bbqing ugly. Selection committees remember things like that.

We took some steps in the right direction this year. We need to play more young players and let our pitching mature. Should inprove next year. Itll need to be a lot because after this joke no more ncaa gifts for a long damn time
This is year 5...baby steps shouldn't be being happy about just making a regional and then sleep walking. The expectations need to be ramped up going forward....if Erstad continues to produce a mediocre product, and he will...he needs to feel the pressure.

We are in a crap conference and they let us in with a 48 rpi and we are in the process off bbqing ugly. Selection committees remember things like that.
The committee pours over a mountain of variables for each bubble team and pours over the comparisons from team to team.

These variables are spelled out in a manual which the NCAA gives to the committee. Nowhere in that manual does it say, "How did the team do last year?"

Reactions: RobsterMobster
This is year 5...baby steps shouldn't be being happy about just making a regional and then sleep walking. The expectations need to be ramped up going forward....if Erstad continues to produce a mediocre product, and he will...he needs to feel the pressure.

To an extent I agree. But I give credit where things improve. Hitting wasn't working so they redid some things and it improved. If it keeps improving our offense should be good next year.

Biggest thing to me is the older players on this team have no heart. That I totally agree is on erstad. But it takes 3 years to change major things like that. You'll know next year one way or another. Someone like wilkening could give a huge boost and schreiber and meyers could be all americans

The committee pours over a mountain of variables for each bubble team and pours over the comparisons from team to team.

These variables are spelled out in a manual which the NCAA gives to the committee. Nowhere in that manual does it say, "How did the team do last year?"

You honestly think committee doesn't remember giving a team one of th e last bids and watching them bbq?

One thing to say to that. LOL

The committee doesn't think the B1G is a crap conference. They think we are the 6th or 7th best conference.

Anything outside the top 4 is crap. 3 bid conference is a crap conference and that was a generous 3 bids.

is a
You honestly think committee doesn't remember giving a team one of th e last bids and watching them bbq?

I have no idea what they remember and what they don't remember. I do know what they do. They follow procedure. That's what they do.

is a

I have no idea what they remember and what they don't remember. I do know what they do. They follow procedure. That's what they do.

Judgement is a component. And we will get zero benefit of the doubt for a decade. Thats all I said and barring a huge cws run that's how it will work. You don't think teams like texas or csf don't get benefits? Naive doesn't cover it.

Anything outside the top 4 is crap. 3 bid conference is a crap conference and that was a generous 3 bids.
Who are the top four?

I ask b/c B 12 and PAC 12 are ranked 3rd and 4th. They both got three bids.

Who are the top four?

I ask b/c B 12 and PAC 12 are ranked 3rd and 4th. They both got three bids.

That's them. And last I checked we got picked over schools from those conferences. Good luck with that happening again anytime soon. Also most years those two have had more bids. Wonder why

Judgement is a component. And we will get zero benefit of the doubt for a decade. Thats all I said and barring a huge cws run that's how it will work. You don't think teams like texas or csf don't get benefits? Naive doesn't cover it.
I would take it as a kindness if you would leave ridicule out of your comments to me. You don't know me from Adam's off ox.

I would take it as a kindness if you would leave ridicule out of your comments to me. You don't know me from Adam's off ox.

That's not ridicule. When I start making fun of you trust me you'll know

What heinous crime did we commit this year to have the Baseball Gods make us suffer this badly to end our season? Are they looking to have us load the bases in the 9th and lose on a triple play? Sick bastards those Gods are I tell ya'.

Reactions: k9_r
4-1 Western Carolina. Eichorst, I implore you....blow this stinking pile of shit up and start over.

We would have been better off staying home than bringing this crap pile to the tournament.

4-1 Western Carolina. Eichorst, I implore you....blow this stinking pile of shit up and start over.
He's not going to be fired...atleast not this year. With that said, hopefully the Angels continue to tank and they come calling. Would love for them to take him off our hands.

If they do, then they should be removed from the committee immediately. Punishing a future team for the failures of a past one is one of the most stupid, insane, unfair things they could do and such a person is a idiot who has no business judging teams. There is no basis whatsoever for that being even remotely fair.

Reactions: k9_r
Top 9th

Luensmann back out to pitch after taking over for Chesnut last inning. 2 out walk for WCU but is thrown out to end the top half.

And I will say it again-just like I've said many times before in this season-we just meekly and quietly go away. No passion, no fight, no care-nothing.

Bottom 9th

Alvarado pops up to RF. Altavilla in to pinch hit for Schlepp and he also pops up for out #2. Schlepp K's to end the game and the season. That was embarrassing to watch.

Nebraska's final four games of 2016:

4.25 hits/game
0.5 runs/game

I'm not actually too upset about today. When you hit rockets that result in double plays, there's not much you can do about it. But two runs in four games is simply a stunning failure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT