ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. San Diego (Huskers lose 17-5)

7-0 already Wow. Yet another poor start by a pitcher. This is going to be a long, long season if we can't get some quality starts.

Howell on the mound to start the bottom of the 1st

One out double hit to CF, single to CF to put runners at the corners, next batter walks the bases loaded, two RBI single to CF to give SD a 2-0 lead.

Howell is leaving everything up in the zone and is behind most batters.

The next batter walks to once again load the bases. A 2 RBI double and a 3 run homerun makes it a 7-0 1st inning lead. Bunt single to put a man on 1st, STILL ONE OUT! :mad:

Infield single to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Howell is done. That was ugly. Will probably only update score changes at this point haha

Reece Eddins in to pitch now and much of the same continues with a RBI single but does K the next guy for the 2nd out. Another infield single loads the bases again. Fly out to CF ends that fun.

Reece Eddins in to pitch now and much of the same continues with a RBI single but does K the next guy for the 2nd out. Another infield single loads the bases again. Fly out to CF ends that fun.

This is a sad start. Howell was horendous couldn't throw anything but a fastball over the plate and that was getting smashed by everyone. Hope they turn it around but right now im not glad I came to San Diego for this. HA!

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Meyers with a lead off single. One out single by Fish puts runners at the corners. Klemke K's for out #2. Rev grounds out to SS to end the mini threat.

Top 3rd

Lead off single for Boldt, Placzek gets the 1st out, Miller singles to right but it hits Boldt so the runners out and Miller gets to 1st. :rolleyes: Fly out to CF to end the frame.

Ugly defense by Rev and an RBI double gives SD another run. A great play gets them out of the inning.

Bottom 4th

Lead off double down the left field line but Nebraska does get out of the inning without giving up the run.

Top 5th

2 Out single for Boldt followed by a walk by Placzek. Miller grounds out to end the inning.

Top 7th

Boldt homeruns to add another run for the Skers. Ben Miller also hits a HR over the CF wall.

It's one thing to get your doors kicked in by a good team but U San Diego? As others have said, this looks like it will be a long disappointing season.

Well, the good news... Its still plenty early in the season, and there is plenty of time to get this turned around...

The bad news... I haven't seen anything yet to assume were gonna get any better.

Bottom line, Erstad better get this turn around or I don't see how his seat doesn't get hot quick.

It's one thing to get your doors kicked in by a good team but U San Diego? As others have said, this looks like it will be a long disappointing season.

San Diego is projected to make the field of 64 as a 3 seed in one of the regionals. I'm one of the last guys to give support to the Erstad regime, but San Diego is supposed to be decent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT