ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Purdue (Huskers win 9-6)

Top 1st

Leadoff infield single and an E6 moves the runner to 2nd. An E5 on a SAC bunt allows the runner to score and puts a man on 2nd. A K for out #1. Fly out to CF and a groundout to 1st ends the threat.

Top 1st

Leadoff infield single and an E6 moves the runner to 2nd. An E5 on a SAC bunt allows the runner to score and puts a man on 2nd. A K for out #1. Fly out to CF and a groundout to 1st ends the threat.

Not the start we had hoped for.

Bottom 1st

Leadoff single for Boldt but he's out at 2nd on a Headley groundout. Headley is safe on a FC. Miller flies out to CF. Lubach grounds out to SS to end the inning.

Bottom 2nd

Leadoff walk for Darby followed by a single for AC to put runners on the corners! RBI single for Alvarado!!!! Schlepp with a single to RF to load the bases! SAC fly by Placzek brings in another and puts runners on 1st and 3rd! Boldt with an RBI single and once again puts runners on corners!!! Headley with a Sac Fly for another run! Miller flies out to RF to end the inning.

Top 3rd

Back to back two out singles for Purdue. A great play for Placzek at SS to end the mini threat.

Bottom 3rd

Lubach and Darby with back to back singles to start the inning. Pitching change for Purdue.

AC SAC bunts the runners over. Alvarado lines out to SS. Schlepp flies out to end the inning.

Top 4th

One out HR for Purdue. Fly out to RF for the 2nd out. Groundout to 3rd ends the top half.

Bottom 4th

Placzek flies out to CF. Boldt with his 3rd single of the day. Headley grounds to 2nd and Boldt is out on the play, Headley reaches on a FC. Miller singles to RF but is thrown out trying to take 2nd to end the inning.

Top 5th

One out single followed by a HBP. A K and a walk to load the bases will end Chances day as Chesnut comes into pitch.

E4 scores a run an keeps the bases loaded. A K ends the threat!

Bottom 5th

Lubach with a leadoff single to CF! Darby with a two run blast in the RF bullpen!!! AC pops out to 3rd. Luis Alvarado grounds out to SS. Schlepp walks. Placzek grounds out to 3rd to end the inning.

Highly disappointing that Sinclair couldn't make it out of the fifth in a series opener. But it wasn't really his fault. His defense let him down.

Last edited:
Top 6th

Leadoff single to RF. Fly out to LF. Single past 3rd. Double play ends the threat.

Highly disappointing that Sinclair couldn't make it out of the fifth in a series opener. But it wasn't really his fault. His defense let home down.

I think it's a combo of that and the fact that he will pitch Thursday.

Top 7th

Leadoff single to CF. Fly out to CF. WP advances the runner to 2nd. Groundout to 3rd for out #2. RBI single to RF. Another single puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Chesnuts day is now over as Howell comes in to pitch.

Fly out to RF ends the threat.

Bottom 7th

Lubach gets on with a HBP to lead it off. Darby walks on four straight pitches. AC grounds out to 1st but the runners advance to 2nd and 3rd. Alvarado with an RBI groundout and Darby advances to 3rd, two outs. Schlepp with and RBI double to left center!!! Placzek reaches 2nd on an E7 and Schlepp scores! New pitcher for Purdue.

Boldt K's to end the inning.

Last edited:
Top 8th

Leadoff walk and double outs runners on 2nd and 3rd. Groundout to 1st scores one run and a groundout to 2nd scores the other. Fly out to CF ends the top half.

Bottom 8th

One out single for Miller but Lubach hits into an inning ending double play.

Top 9th

Josh Roeder in to close it up for the Big Red. 1-2-3 and that's a Husker winner!

Laughing

Roeder say, "Enough of this BS. I'm coming at these guys!"

Finally! A pitcher. I knew we had one. Helluva job, Josh. [bows low]

Laughing

Roeder say, "Enough of this BS. I'm coming at these guys!"

Finally! A pitcher. I knew we had one. Helluva job, Josh. [bows low]
I was hoping he would strike out the side on nine pitches. He came close.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT