ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Northwestern Game #2 (Huskers lose 5-0)

Of course it matters. I'm a fan and I want them to win tomorrow, sweep Purdue, take two in Champaign, win a bunch of games at Target Field and move on to a regional.

What's proven is that they have 32 wins against a top 20 schedule. Teams that are "not very good" don't do that. They weren't as good as their 15-1 home stand led us to believe and they're not as bad as their recent results.
The SOS does nothing for me when talking about this team. The at large candidate quality opponents we have faced this team has not done much. It's great they can beat Florida Gulf Coast at home but again...against the actual quality opponents? Ugly.

Long term it may be better for this team to miss a regional. Anything to get Erstad to wake up and smell the roses in regards to his teams god awful offensive approach. Plus, we know by watching this team they really aren't a regional type team despite the numbers...from the top down.

We've won a lot of games on one of the country's toughest schedule. We've shown up well nationally in several stat lines. Many regional teams look bad at times and, depending on when a snap shot is taken, can look very bad. Many of them have mediocre rosters but they win enough to make a regional. Many regional teams are not so good looking and I'm talking about the 33 at large bids.

But we just had a stinker of a game. Our worst game this year and it breaks our reputation of not losing to bad teams. That is not good.

If you want to think that 'Who-We-Really-Are' is now catching up to us, I shouldn't argue about it. You could be right. Except, maybe it's just one game and these things do happen and Vanderbilt still lost to Lipscomb and Belmont. At home. Recently.

The SOS does nothing for me when talking about this team. The at large candidate quality opponents we have faced this team has not done much. It's great they can beat Florida Gulf Coast at home but again...against the actual quality opponents? Ugly.

If you want to say the schedule doesn't pass your eyeball test that's your prerogative. But by any analytical method, it's solid.

We've won a lot of games on one of the country's toughest schedule. We've shown up well nationally in several stat lines. Many regional teams look bad at times and, depending on when a snap shot is taken, can look very bad. Many of them have mediocre rosters but they win enough to make a regional. Many regional teams are not so good looking and I'm talking about the 33 at large bids.

But we just had a stinker of a game. Our worst game this year and it breaks our reputation of not losing to bad teams. That is not good.

If you want to think that 'Who-We-Really-Are' is now catching up to us, I shouldn't argue about it. You could be right. Except, maybe it's just one game and these things do happen and Vanderbilt still lost to Lipscomb and Belmont. At home. Recently.

We have a perfect record against 200+ RPI teams but have lost games to teams of Northwestern's caliber. The home loss to Minnesota was worse.

If you want to say the schedule doesn't pass your eyeball test that's your prerogative. But by any analytical method, it's solid.
What I'm saying is who has this team beat? Sure our best win is vs Ohio State...yet that ended up being a series loss. In all reality our best wins may be vs a mediocre Creighton and Michigan team that won't even be in the conversation for an at large. How have we done against NCAA caliber at large teams? It's ugly. Extremely ugly.

What I'm saying is who has this team beat? Sure our best win is vs Ohio State...yet that ended up being a series loss. In all reality our best wins may be vs a mediocre Creighton and Michigan team that won't even be in the conversation for an at large. How have we done against NCAA caliber at large teams? It's ugly. Extremely ugly.

I wouldn't date her.

Still got a little time left for her to clip toe nails and powder the nose, though.

ADVERTISEMENT