ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Nebraska-Omaha (Huskers win 3-2)

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
Re: Nebraska vs. Nebraska-Omaha (6:35pm CST) -Volunteer to update score needed

UNI is up 1-0 in the bottom of the 1st and Engleken is out of the game already. Meyers coming in to take over.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Wht happened to Zack? Only went 1/3 inning? 2 BBs, but thats a short leash.

He didn't look like he was going to have it so I think they saved his confidence and got him out early. 1-0 Omaha bottom 3rd with two on. We look somewhat asleep.

Schlepp with an RBI single to tie the game at 1-1 going to the bottom of the 5th

Homerun by Omaha and now Hohensee comes into the game with a runner on 2nd and two outs bottom of the 5th.

2-1 Omaha going to the bottom of the 6th.

An RBI double by Schlepp brings in Boldt and ties the game 2-2. Headed to the bottom of the 7th.

Nebraska vs. Nebraska-Omaha (2-2 Top 8th)

Husker have some warning track outs but come away with nothing to keep the score at 2-2 going to the bottom of the 8th.

Gonna get this game in? It's pooring here about an hour north of Omaha? Would suck to lose or tie to UNO after such a good run over the last several weeks

Nebraska vs. Nebraska-Omaha (2-2 Bottom 8th)

A couple batters get on but an inning ending double play gets Max Knutsen out of the jam.

If we want to win here's our chance. Top of the order to start the 9th!

Really isn't sounding like our night... Come on boys wake up!

Nebraska vs. Nebraska-Omaha (2-2 Top 9th)

Boldt gets on with an E5 but the next three batters go down in order. Good grief we just don't have it tonight.

Nebraska vs. Nebraska-Omaha (Huskers lead 3-2 Top 10th)

Schreiber with a two out bomb to put the Skers up 3-2!!! Whoohoo! Going to the bottom of the 10th with Roeder in for the save!

Three up three down! Huskers win 3-2. Probably the worse performance by our boys to date but we found a way to win. Good teams always find a way even when they have off days. GBR!

You know your team has pitching depth when your starter lasts 1/3 of an inning and the team ERA is lowered. From 2.32.

Now take two (at least!) from the Terps!

Re: Nebraska vs. Nebraska-Omaha (Huskers lead 3-2 Top 10th)

Really glad to get this one. I'm not big on calling games "trap games", but if there was a trap game, this was it. Glad to finally hit one out after challenging the wall several times before.

I expected a close game because it's against a lesser team and it's our first one on the road in over three weeks. That park is also a hitters ballpark so out pitching staff had a very underrated performance. I agree that we need a 2/3 series win this weekend and think we can pull it off.

just_win_baby_feature.jpg

Originally posted by coolonetoo:
You know your team has pitching depth when your starter lasts 1/3 of an inning and the team ERA is lowered. From 2.32.

Now take two (at least!) from the Terps!
laugh.r191677.gif
You got that right!

Knew Engelken was in trouble when he threw two pitches in the dirt during warm up and, sure enough, he walks two batters in his 1/3 inning. Good news, though, our six relievers racked up nine Ks with zero walks. What a staff!

Originally posted by Truehuskerfan:
Really glad to get this one. I'm not big on calling games "trap games", but if there was a trap game, this was it. Glad to finally hit one out after challenging the wall several times before.
Classic trap game, iyam. UNO guys played ten feet above their heads. They made incredible plays in the field and swung the bats with great effect. They gunned down our runner at the plate from RF and repeated by gunning down our guy going to 3rd. This one from deep center on one of the best throws that guy has ever made.

Schreiber's winning blast was a thing of beauty. After all our long fly balls not quite making the fence, Scott's blast made up for it all. Cleared the fence, cleared the berm. That thing was outa here!

And then Roeder - K, K, K. Eleven pitches. Wow.

Originally posted by k9_r:

Originally posted by Truehuskerfan:
Classic trap game, iyam. UNO guys played ten feet above their heads. They made incredible plays in the field and swung the bats with great effect. They gunned down our runner at the plate from RF and repeated by gunning down our guy going to 3rd. This one from deep center on one of the best throws that guy has ever made.

Schreiber's winning blast was a thing of beauty. After all our long fly balls not quite making the fence, Scott's blast made up for it all. Cleared the fence, cleared the berm. That thing was outa here!

And then Roeder - K, K, K. Eleven pitches. Wow.
I really think Schreiber has power potential written all over him. Dude is a beast. I'm hoping he heats up for the 2nd half of the season.

Originally posted by sklarbodds:

I really think Schreiber has power potential written all over him. Dude is a beast. I'm hoping he heats up for the 2nd half of the season.
There are several Freshman that already look the part. King, Meyers, Schreiber, Dilday, and Alvarado are primed to be future studs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT