ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Iowa (Huskers lose 4-3)

Miller! Big hit. This may be Hickmans last innings. Pitch count is getting high.

It's ironic that the Huskers big hit in the game came from a kid from Iowa. And one that, if his recruitment were taking place today with Heller at the Iowa helm, wouldn't even be at Nebraska...

Reactions: SPGroth
2-9 vs top 50 RPI teams. We are giving the committee a reason to leave us out if we don't finish strong.
We have a 20 RPI right now and that won't go down much at season end. Large chance it will hold steady or improve before selection day. We will end with 35+ wins and an excellent RPI with a low 20 SOS. .500 or better in the last 12 games with just an average B1G tournament showing and we'll be a lock for an at large bid. Have faith.

BTW, Creighton is RPI 51. A small improvement by them and we'll be 4-9 vs top 50. We have five top fifty games yet to play (six if Creighton gets there) plus top 50 teams in the B1G tourney. We will have some wins in that group. Step back from the ledge.

I watched the series between A&M and LSU this weekend and my oh my do we have a long long way to go before we are anywhere close to that level. The frustrating thing is I`m not sure we will ever get close to being elite. Heck we are barely middle of the road in the Big 10.
Well let's not poor mouth our team so easily. I mean, yeah they're better and it's in the rosters right? Bregman is a top flight All American destined for the majors. They both have others who will be in the bigs as well. But we did play both and came away with one run losses. We had our chances but they snuffed them out.

In a long extended series vs either of them we'd get our wins.

Well let's not poor mouth our team so easily. I mean, yeah they're better and it's in the rosters right? Bregman is a top flight All American destined for the majors. They both have others who will be in the bigs as well. But we did play both and came away with one run losses. We had our chances but they snuffed them out.

In a long extended series vs either of them we'd get our wins.

Perhaps. We need to climb the ladder in the Big 10 before we do anything else. Roster improvement is a work in progress and hopefully real soon we will see the results.

We have a 20 RPI right now and that won't go down much at season end. Large chance it will hold steady or improve before selection day. We will end with 35+ wins and an excellent RPI with a low 20 SOS. .500 or better in the last 12 games with just an average B1G tournament showing and we'll be a lock for an at large bid. Have faith.

BTW, Creighton is RPI 51. A small improvement by them and we'll be 4-9 vs top 50. We have five top fifty games yet to play (six if Creighton gets there) plus top 50 teams in the B1G tourney. We will have some wins in that group. Step back from the ledge.
Both Baseball America and D1 Has NU as a three seed. Before today's loss. Thats bubble territory. No, they aren't the committee but they have a pretty good pulse of what's going on. Currently we are closer to being out than we are being a lock. The committee is going to think twice of giving a bid to the 7th/8th place Big Ten team if that's where we end up. Obviously we have a chance to improve our numbers but with the way this team is playing....combined with our craptastic offense we have a long ways to go.

Both Baseball America and D1 Has NU as a three seed. Before today's loss. Thats bubble territory. No, they aren't the committee but they have a pretty good pulse of what's going on. Currently we are closer to being out than we are being a lock. The committee is going to think twice of giving a bid to the 7th/8th place Big Ten team if that's where we end up. Obviously we have a chance to improve our numbers but with the way this team is playing....combined with our craptastic offense we have a long ways to go.
Well, can you find us a 35+ win team with a 20-ish RPI and a 20-ish SOS that the committee left home? That would be helpful in justifying all this worry.

Well, can you find us a 35+ win team with a 20-ish RPI and a 20-ish SOS that the committee left home? That would be helpful in justifying all this worry.
A team that hypothetically finished 7th place in the Big Ten? No I can't. As thats uncharted territory for this conference. Hopefully the team rights the ship and we don't have to discuss this come late May. And hopefully they can win two tomorrow which is doable.

Last edited:

If we end up on the bubble, the RPI won't be that high, so it's a moot point.

Another tough loss yesterday, nobody to blame but ourselves twice had bases loaded in the 7th and 9th inning and the boys didn't come threw. 2 unusual errors in the 1st inning didn't help.

Let's play the rest of the conference season out before saying we're a 7th-8th place team in the conference.
Nobody thought we would 6-7 at this point and even I didn't realize we would be playing arguably the toughest schedule in the conference.

If we end up on the bubble, the RPI won't be that high, so it's a moot point.
Well that's exactly my point. Bubble teams don't have that high of an RPI. But I'm saying we will be that high therefore we won't be on the bubble. Simple as that.

It's ironic that the Huskers big hit in the game came from a kid from Iowa. And one that, if his recruitment were taking place today with Heller at the Iowa helm, wouldn't even be at Nebraska...
Again...apparently reading is hard! That was game two genius. You are in the game 1 thread smart one.

He probably thought--understandably--that you were talking about game one of today's double header, not game one of the three game series played yesterday. He assumed--again, understandably--that you guys would have moved on from yesterday, and would be taking about TODAY's first game. Guess not.

He probably thought--understandably--that you were talking about game one of today's double header, not game one of the three game series played yesterday. He assumed--again, understandably--that you guys would have moved on from yesterday, and would be taking about TODAY's first game. Guess not.
Considering the post he was referencing was around noon essentially before game 2 even started it makes him look even dumber. Good call.

If you want to get technical about it, the first game was pretty even.

The exception was that Nebraska made 2 errors vs 1 for Iowa. That's baseball. You probably realize that give. Your extensive playing experience right?

Yea, I can't read but I have three degrees. You're a well-known antagonist, know-it-all on this board. So, I'll leave it be.

If you want to get technical about it, the first game was pretty even.

The exception was that Nebraska made 2 errors vs 1 for Iowa. That's baseball. You probably realize that give. Your extensive playing experience right?

Yea, I can't read but I have three degrees. You're a well-known antagonist, know-it-all on this board. So, I'll leave it be.
I'm not the one who stated we beat ourselves. It's not that difficult to follow along.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT