ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Iowa Basketball Game Thread

SomedayHusker

All-American
Oct 26, 2019
Omaha
Iowa does not turn the ball over, they also don’t force turnovers. Their offense is better than their defense. I could see us matching up ok with them as long as we can hit shots. 7-0 Red guys so far 3 minutes into the game. Frantic Fran already T’d up...

Iowa 10-4, just fell out of the top 25 after a neutral floor loss to Penn State

Good start for NU, and Fran already has a T.

By the way, how did Nebraska do against Rutgers on Friday? Can someone start/bump a couple more threads on that game?

Good start for NU, and Fran already has a T.

By the way, how did Nebraska do against Rutgers on Friday? Can someone start/bump a couple more threads on that game?
Just one thread is enough. Back to back great plays by Easley and Thor...then another rebound by Thor.:confused:

Iowa just looks very off. Both squads Getting good looks, Nebraska hitting a few more. If Mack can stay hot we’re good. I figured we would see a fairly clean game turnover-wise.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Iowa just looks very off. Both squads Getting good looks, Nebraska hitting a few more. If Mack can stay hot we’re good. I figured we would see a fairly clean game turnover-wise.
Hawkeyes look horrible so far. That probably won't last. They're on pace to score about 22 by half time.

I’m honestly baffled at how off Iowa is shooting...you can tell right when they release wing shots lined up with the camera, that they’re wayyyyy off. You almost have to try to be that off.

I’m honestly baffled at how off Iowa is shooting...you can tell right when they release wing shots lined up with the camera, that they’re wayyyyy off. You almost have to try to be that off.
Bohanon was their only consistent outside threat Their other guards are pretty streaky.

Iowa's taking it inside finally. Took them way longer to figure that out than I thought it would have.

Iowa's taking it inside finally. Took them way longer to figure that out than I thought it would have.
Huskers need to pressure the entry passes more aggressively. If they let Garza get the ball easily, he will clean up. Garza has made himself into a really good player.

Agreed. Garza should be able to tool a 17 year old all game. We tend to start off games well when we double team their stud and then inexplicably go away from it...

We've won 3 of the last 5, and Fred is 4-1 against Fran. Iowa had better get us tonight, because we are going to be much better next year and beyond.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Kriener, Pemsl and Garza should own the second half against our teenage mutants. Wieskamp will heat up. Go Big Red, but I've been a Nebrasketball fan since 1969, so I don't expect this to end well. (I also watched the Riverside, Southern Utah and North Dakota games.)

Reactions: scarletred
Hawkeyes have gone ice cold from the outside. Huskers need to prevent second chance points.

BURKE! Screw the free throws! Throw it down with the And-1! Gotta stop letting them score layups every 4 seconds...

4 out of 6, Iowa! Fred now 5-1 vs Fran! Iowa led for an entire 38 seconds tonight. RollingLaugh

ADVERTISEMENT