ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs Illinois game

bearcats667

Walk On
Nov 3, 2017
Looking at this Illinois game more and more. I think this is going to be a lot tougher than people think. To start off Bret Bielema has Nebraska's number more than any coach in the country (besides Urban Meyer). He has throttled Nebraska when he was at Wisconsin so that there alone makes me worried. I know that he was a major flop at Arkansas but the dude knows how to win in the Big 10. Brandon Peters is a capable QB that should have all the confidence in the world after last years game. Mix everything in with this being the first game of the year, where NU has had problems in the past getting it going and figuring out new personnel more than other teams. The game is also in Champaign, which isn't normally intimating but you have to think the game may be sold out with this being BB's first game, first game of full attendance in two years, etc.

Looking at this Illinois game more and more. I think this is going to be a lot tougher than people think. To start off Bret Bielema has Nebraska's number more than any coach in the country (besides Urban Meyer). He has throttled Nebraska when he was at Wisconsin so that there alone makes me worried. I know that he was a major flop at Arkansas but the dude knows how to win in the Big 10. Brandon Peters is a capable QB that should have all the confidence in the world after last years game. Mix everything in with this being the first game of the year, where NU has had problems in the past getting it going and figuring out new personnel more than other teams. The game is also in Champaign, which isn't normally intimating but you have to think the game may be sold out with this being BB's first game, first game of full attendance in two years, etc.

You really needed to start a thread all by itself when we’re discussing it on Cornicator’s thread..:rolleyes:

I wasn’t surprised with last years game at all. I’m still not convinced our D can stop a team that is dedicated to a power ground game. I know Frost et al. is trying to toughen that up more and more, but I won’t believe it until I see the results.

You should look at Brett Bielema's career record with Paul Chryst as his OC, then look at the record without Chryst.

I only bring that up because I would argue Chryst has had Nebraska's number more than any other coach.

I wasn’t surprised with last years game at all. I’m still not convinced our D can stop a team that is dedicated to a power ground game. I know Frost et al. is trying to toughen that up more and more, but I won’t believe it until I see the results.

They weren't dedicated to a power run game. They ran the RPO and exploited the Huskers run fits because Nebraska seemed fixated on keeping everything underneath.

Nebraska would match up well vs a true power team.

Reactions: Wyldcard
We can't let Chins get off the leash just because he has a veteran defense. I went back and watched several games many times last year and there are still head scratchers for defensive alignment. Especially against IL and MN.

They weren't dedicated to a power run game. They ran the RPO and exploited the Huskers run fits because Nebraska seemed fixated on keeping everything underneath.

Nebraska would match up well vs a true power team.
Based on what? Us getting our rectums prolapsed by literally every true power team we’ve played the last 3+ years?

How many wins do we have against wisc, iowa and minn? 1 in 9 tries?

These posts never stop getting dumber. Wake up.

I think the game last year would have been much closer if the correct call was made on the first play of the game.

Reactions: NebChicago
Based on what? Us getting our rectums prolapsed by literally every true power team we’ve played the last 3+ years?

How many wins do we have against wisc, iowa and minn? 1 in 9 tries?

These posts never stop getting dumber. Wake up.

You don't understand football. You've made that clear for years.

If you don't understand the difference between the RPO and a Power Oriented offense, then you don't get the right to question my comments.

If you don't understand the difference between the RPO and a Power Oriented offense, then you don't get the right to question my comments.
Do iowa, wisc and minn (8-1 vs Frost) not run power oriented offenses?

Your comments are beyond moronic, and make for fantastic fodder when the opposite of your predictions happen basically the second the season starts.

The list bit is hilarious. But not as funny as claiming you know one iota more about football than me or anyone else while vomiting up the literal dumbest sh*t on the board weekly.

I think the game last year would have been much closer if the correct call was made on the first play of the game.

I was going to go there but I’m glad you brought it up.And it also can be said the same player did the same thing in the first series against Minnesota when Martenez had to be taken out of the game on the first series..

Top Gun doesn’t like answering that of course so he’ll just put the blame of SF for playing calling which I can agree with that part..

I was going to go there but I’m glad you brought it up.And it also can be said the same player did the same thing in the first series against Minnesota when Martenez had to be taken out of the game on the first series..

Top Gun doesn’t like answering that of course so he’ll just put the blame of SF for playing calling which I can agree with that part..
It was 7-7 even after we fumbled.

Then the defense gave up 400 rushing yards to a lame duck coach.

As for MN, look up AM’s stats and have yourself a laugh.

I was told we match up well vs power teams, yet MN shoved it up our ass 40+ times that game.

It was 7-7 even after we fumbled.

Then the defense gave up 400 rushing yards to a lame duck coach.

As for MN, look up AM’s stats and have yourself a laugh.

I was told we match up well vs power teams, yet MN shoved it up our ass 40+ times that game.

Might want to look up how many turnovers did your boy Luke had on that day?

The guy who constantly cites completion percentage and total offense as reasons we should win games next year thinks he knows the game.

Absolutely hilarious!

Might want to look up how many turnovers did your boy Luke had on that day?
Blame whoever you want. The kid led his team back and the defense, special teams and coaching staff crapped all over themselves.

He’s not equipped to throw it, and even when he did our guys dropped it (wan’dale).

Pathetic loss by a pathetic program.

Blame whoever you want. The kid led his team back and the defense, special teams and coaching staff crapped all over themselves.

He’s not equipped to throw it, and even when he did our guys dropped it (wan’dale).

Pathetic loss by a pathetic program.

Your free to leave here a root for anyone you have a fancy with.:cool:

Your free to leave here a root for anyone you have a fancy with.:cool:
Predictable reply. You’re a better fan than me, I guess, since you’re not as ripsh*t pissed as I am that my beloved alma mater is circling the drain.

Congrats. Trophy’s in the mail, and it’ll probably be the last one anybody in Husker Nation ever receives.

Predictable reply. You’re a better fan than me, I guess, since you’re not as ripsh*t pissed as I am that my beloved alma mater is circling the drain.

Congrats. Trophy’s in the mail, and it’ll probably be the last one anybody in Husker Nation ever receives.
RollingLaughI’ve been pissed about the last 6 years :mad:

But the Riley years is why we’re here... Now SF has do excuses and I believe this year will be different results especially if the special teams are up to par.Winking

Reactions: bshirt73

But the Riley years is why we’re here... Now SF has do excuses and I believe this year will be different results especially if the special teams are up to par.Winking

Riley is long gone and has been for some time.

We have lost several games that we would have won have we had an even halfway competent HC on the sideline. Frost is an even bigger joke than Riley and that’s saying something.

Rod Smith abused our defensive scheme the past few years and he is gone. So not really worried with a new staff/scheme coming in.

I don’t. Mighty AM and frosts vaunted offense scored 13 points against the practice squad May 1st.

Nothing will change, including the pathetic excuses. If AM starts all year our ceiling is 5 (FBS) wins.

I don’t. Mighty AM and frosts vaunted offense scored 13 points against the practice squad May 1st.

Nothing will change, including the pathetic excuses. If AM starts all year our ceiling is 5 (FBS) wins.
Your delusional if they actually were tackling there would have been 17-24 points scored in that first half..

Haters have to Hate..

Your delusional if they actually were tackling there would have been 17-24 points scored in that first half..

Haters have to Hate..
Zero passing touchdowns. Only way you claim they’d have scored is qb runs.

My how this offense has evolved with all our new ‘weapons’!

Keep the excuse train rolling. “If the coach hadn’t made them play 2 hand touch they’d have scored a lot!”

lol can’t make this stuff up.

When playing poker you never show your hand... It’s a scrimmage for Christ sake.
When playing poker, what happens to the one guy who thinks he’s playing go fish?

Our coach is deservingly the laughing stock of the worst division in all of P5.

You should look at Brett Bielema's career record with Paul Chryst as his OC, then look at the record without Chryst.

I only bring that up because I would argue Chryst has had Nebraska's number more than any other coach.

Switzer. GBA/GBR

Paul Chryst and his infamous RPOs

How will we ever figure it out? If only he relied on the power run game, we’d ‘match up well’.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Has Paul Chryst lined up against Nebraska since they made over their front 7?

No.

Again. Your lack of football awareness is embarrassing.
You are projecting into the future now, nostradumbass?

Nothing you are saying is based in any truth but the one in your head.

Nothing you write is based on reality. I understand the sport of American Football.

You clearly do not.
“I understand the sport of American Football, now let me tell you why all these meaningless stats shall lead to wins & please disregard everything you’ve seen for 3 years”

-Clownicator

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Possibly. Which makes it all the more mind-boggling that the coaching staff was too busy to challenge the call.

Possibly. Which makes it all the more mind-boggling that the coaching staff was too busy to challenge the call.
It was reviewed and upheld.

Don’t quote me on that, though. I don’t understand football.

It was reviewed and upheld.

Don’t quote me on that, though. I don’t understand football.
But only from the standpoint of "all plays are reviewed," correct? Couldn't the staff have requested a more thorough review?

beilema only had NEBs number because he had players. He does not have players at Illinois. without players he is nothing.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT