ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Holy Cross (Huskers lose 7-4)

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
Derek Burkamper with the start. I don't agree with this move. I feel you have to play to win the tourney and that is winning two against Oregon State. If you can't beat Holy Cross with a midweek guy then you probably don't deserve a shot at Oregon State anyways.

Either way, GBR!

Well let's see what's in this box of chocolates.

Derek Burkamper with the start. I don't agree with this move. I feel you have to play to win the tourney and that is winning two against Oregon State. If you can't beat Holy Cross with a midweek guy then you probably don't deserve a shot at Oregon State anyways.

Either way, GBR!

Who in the world would start a 5th game for us????

Top 1st

Meyers leads off with a HBP on the 1st pitch of the ballgame as Nebraska is the away team today. Altavilla lines it to first for a DP as Meyers was stealing on the play, the bad luck continues. Schreiber flies out to RF

Another day, another bowl of gruel.
Sorry, this is ALL in the coaches. The culture of this team is poor---no edge or confidence. And it has been that way for years. 1-7. If they lose to Yale and HC on back to back days all eyes should be squarely on erstad.

Sorry, this is ALL in the coaches. The culture of this team is poor---no edge or confidence. And it has been that way for years. 1-7. If they lose to Yale and HC on back to back days all eyes should be squarely on erstad.
Been saying it for awhile. Erstad does not know how to motivate college kids.

Bottom 1st

Holy Cross starts out with back to back leadoff singles to start the game. A 3-6-1 DP but a runner does move to 3rd on the play. RBI single scores the first run of the game. RBI double down the LF line scores another. Burkamper hits the next guy after getting up 1-2. I found it funny the announcers are asking why nobody's warming up in the bullpen yet Laughing groundout to SS ends the inning.

Makes me wonder if we gave up as soon as we saw what Regional we were in? There is no fight in this team right now.

Yeah, there certainly isn't anyone else to blame that's for sure. The buck stops with him regarding his players and his coaches.

Sorry, this is ALL in the coaches. The culture of this team is poor---no edge or confidence. And it has been that way for years. 1-7. If they lose to Yale and HC on back to back days all eyes should be squarely on Erstad.
You are riding a dead horse. Won the conference, named Big Ten coach of the year, solidly backed by the administration...

No one is going to replace DE as long as he wants to be here.

Reactions: coolonetoo
You are riding a dead horse. Won the conference, named Big Ten coach of the year, solidly backed by the administration...

Unfortunately, I've been saying this for awhile too. Zero chance he ever gets fired. He, and he alone decides how long he coaches at Nebraska.

Reactions: k9_r

I would just like to see some new assistants but I doubt that happens.

Reactions: k9_r and saluno22
Top 2nd

Leadoff walk for Miller and a single to CF for Alvarado puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Schlepp Ks looking. Are we a small ball team that doesn't play small ball? Wilkening flies out to deep CF. Roskam flies out to CF.

Top 2nd

Leadoff walk for Miller and a single to CF for Alvarado puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Schlepp Ks looking. Are we a small ball team that doesn't play small ball? Wilkening flies out to deep CF. Roskam flies out to CF.
Seriously, no one on this team can bunt. It's crazy that division one players can't do a basic thing. This coaching staff has no idea how to manufacture runs....

Top 4th

Leadoff single to CF for Schreiber. Miller singles to CF as well to put runners in 1st and 2nd for the 3rd time in 4 innings. Alvarado with the SAC bunt to move the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Schlepp walks the bases loaded. Wilkening with a SAC fly scores Schreiber from 3rd. Roskam with an RBI single to right center! Roskam steals 2nd to put runners on 2nd and 3rd. Mojo Ks.

Bottom 4th

An E5 throwing error allows a one out base runner for HC but the next two batters go down in order.

I would pitch Waldron and McSteen games 2 and 3 and pitch Hohensee and Burkamper games 4 and 5 against Oregon State.

My guess is they are going to do the opposite.

With the way the bats are going, I can imagine Erstad isn't worrying too much about game 4 let alone game 5. He will be lucky to make it to game 3.

With the way the bats are going, I can imagine Erstad isn't worrying too much about game 4 let alone game 5. He will be lucky to make it to game 3.
Perhaps, I know he likes the game to game approach. I just think you set it up to win the tourney. Regardless, you have to start hitting or it's irrelevant who is pitching.

Reactions: donahues17
Top 5th

Leadoff walk and an infield bunt single by Meyers and Altavilla puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Holy Cross makes a move towards the bullpen. Schreiber Ks swinging. Miller flies out to CF. Alvarado Ks swinging.

Bottom 5th

Leadoff single through the left side for HC. Fly out to CF. next batter is HBP. A 1 RBI double for Holy Cross, the runner then gets 3rd on a dead ball E9, another runner scores on that same errror. Chad Luensmann now in to relieve Burkamper. RBI single to LF makes it a 5-2 game. Groundout to SS but the runner does advance to 2nd on the play. Fly out to RF stops the bleeding.

Top 6th

Leadoff single through the right side for Schlepp. Wilkening pops out to shallow CF. Roskam Ks and Schlepp is thrown out trying to steal 2nd. Just bad all around baseball right there.

Top 5th

Leadoff walk and an infield bunt single by Meyers and Altavilla puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Holy Cross makes a move towards the bullpen. Schreiber Ks swinging. Miller flies out to CF. Alvarado Ks swinging.
Our 3 and 4 hitters
Top 6th

Leadoff single through the right side for Schlepp. Wilkening pops out to shallow CF. Roskam Ks and Schlepp is thrown out trying to steal 2nd. Just bad all around baseball right there.
this is a joke. This is the basketball team losing to incarnate word, if the FB team would have lost to Ball state years ago. There is no excuse for getting manhandled by the Yale/Holy Crosses of the world. This feels like the Mike Anderson early years again where we were in purgatory-- winning just enough so that u can't fire him, but knowing you would get a concussion from constantly hitting the same ceiling.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Bottom 6th

Two out back to back singles for Holy Cross. Another RBI single scores run to make it 6-2. Another RBI single because we don't have any pitchers warmed up in a game that we should save our pitchers right? Groundout ends the damage.

I find it funny how many holes these announcers are poking in Silvia's game calling right now.

Top 8th

Leadoff HR for Schreiber. Infield single for Miller. Alvarado with a lazy fly out to CF. Schlepp walks. Pitching change for Holy Cross. Wilkening Ks. Roskam singles through the right side to load the bases. RBI single for Mojo! Bases still loaded. Meyers flies out to CF.

Bottom 8th

Leadoff single up the middle for Holy Cross. SAC bunt moves the runner to 2nd. Next batter Ks. Fly out to Mojo ends the inning

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT