ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Creighton (Huskers win 7-6)

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
Nebraska starting lineup
CF - Ryan Boldt
3B - Blake Headley
DH - Ben Miller
C - Taylor Fish
RF - Austin Darby
1B - Scott Schreiber
2B - Jake Schleppenbach
LF - Luis Alvarado
SS - Wes Edrington

Top 1st

Boldt with a leadoff infield single but is caught stealing on a failed hit-n-run attempt. Headley flies out to CF, Miller K's swinging to end the top half.

Bottom 2nd

Leadoff single for Creighton and a SAC bunt moves him to 2nd and a WP moves the runner 3rd, a walk puts runners on the corners another WP scores the runner on 3rd and moves the other to 2nd (We really miss Tanner right now). A single then puts runners on the corners. Another single scores a run and puts runners on the corners again, still one out. A SAC fly to CF scores another. The runner tags up at 1st to get to 2nd. groundout finally ends the threat.

Top 4th

Leadoff walk for Boldt followed by a double for Headley to put runners on 2nd and 3rd. RBI groundout for Miller, Headley advances to 3rd. RBI single for Fish! Pitching change for Creighton.

The next two batters fly out to end the threat.

Bottom 4th

Leadoff single for Creighton, the next two batters go down in order and then the runner is caught stealing to end the inning.

Top 5th

leadoff infield single for Schlepp and a throwing error advances the runner to 2nd. A bunt single for Alvarado to put runners at the corners, not outs. Wes hits into a 5-4-3 DP and for some odd reason Schlepp stays at 3rd. RBI Single for Boldt to tie the game!!! Headley walks and then Miller grounds out to end the threat.

Bottom 5th

two single followed by a walk brings in Chesnut to relieve AC. Swinging K to end the inning.

Bottom 6th

Leadoff single followed by a one out single puts runners on the corners. Fish allows another pitch to get past him to score another run and move a runner to 2nd. Colton Howell now into pitch.

Walk puts runners on 1st and 2nd, then s four pitch walk loads the bases. Rough night for Chesnut and Howell, they also don't have confidence in their catcher, Lubach is a bigger loss than many may realize. FC out at 2nd scores another, The runner then steals 2nd. K ends the inning.

Top 7th

Leadoff single for Schlepp he then steals 2nd and a throwing error allows him to get to 3rd, Schreiber K's for out #1, Wes with an RBI groundout and a fly out by Boldt ends the threat.

Bottom 7th

one out double down the RF line, fly out but the runner tags and heads to 3rd. A K ends the inning

Top 8th

leadoff single for Headley, Miller then walks on four straight pitches. Pitching change for Creighton. Jake Meyers in to pinch run for Jake as Miller now heads to the bullpen.

Fish lays down the SAC bunt to advance the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Darby is intentionally walked to load the bases and setup the force at all bags. Schreiber K's swinging, Schlepp lines a two RBI single to put runners on 1st and 2nd!!! Cox in to pinch hit and he flies out to end the threat.

Bottom 8th

Ben Miller in to pitch now which kills the DH spot so Miller is now batting as pitcher in the three hole.

1-2-3 for Big Ben, great inning of pitching for Miller!

Top 9th

Leadoff walk for Wes followed by a single by Boldt to put runners one 1st and 2nd, no outs. Headley with a superb Bunt down the line to load the bases. Dilday K's swinging for out #1. Fish with an RBI groundout for an insurance run. Darby is intentionally walked to load the bases. Schreiber grounds out to end the threat.

Bottom 9th

Roeder in to pitch now. leadoff triple for Creighton. An RBI double will make it a one run game. SAC bunt moves the runner to 3rd, one out. groundout ton SS holds the runner at 3rd, two outs. K ends the game and the Huskers win!!!

Nice to see us finally get some big hits. Certainly didn't look good to start. Doesn't mean that much for our RPI, but we needed to get back on the winning track-and sweeping Creighton is certainly always fun.

Whew! Man, that feels so goooooooooooooooood! [happydance]

Nice to see us finally get some big hits. Certainly didn't look good to start. Doesn't mean that much for our RPI, but we needed to get back on the winning track-and sweeping Creighton is certainly always fun.

Actually, our RPI is up to 13. I was shocked when I saw the jump myself. My guess is a few big teams lost to some bad teams in a midweek game but I haven't looked yet.

Actually, our RPI is up to 13. I was shocked when I saw the jump myself. My guess is a few big teams lost to some bad teams in a midweek game but I haven't looked yet.

14 of the top 25 played today, five lost.

We got a huge SOS bump today. 12 of our past opponents played and just 2 lost - Creighton and KSU who lost to Minnesota. SOS is half of the RPI, right?

ADVERTISEMENT