ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Creighton (Huskers win 15-2)

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
GBR!

I'll be late to the game today because I play in a volleyball league on Tuesday's. If anyone wants to throw some highlights out for the first few innings I'd appreciate it.

Is it normal for teams to play 2 games in one day and them not be a double header? Ive never seen that before myself. I would think that could take a toll on the players having a 3 or 4 hour layover between games. Could be a big factor in a Husker win today. Has anyone else seen this before?

Is it normal for teams to play 2 games in one day and them not be a double header? Ive never seen that before myself. I would think that could take a toll on the players having a 3 or 4 hour layover between games. Could be a big factor in a Husker win today. Has anyone else seen this before?
It's pretty normal is lower levels of college ball where travel is such a big issue or late season rain makeups.

You don't see it in D1 baseball a ton unless it's a tournament.

Thats what I would think. Unfortunately for RPI reasons, CU needs to beat UNO this afternoon.

Thats what I would think. Unfortunately for RPI reasons, CU needs to beat UNO this afternoon.

Pretty odd double header but it's only happening b/c our game is a makeup game. right?

CU won the UNO game but, for our RPI needs, it doesn't really matter who won. Both of them are on our opponents list and when opponents play each other one wins one loses and it's all a wash for us.

Ok I was thinking that playing them now with a higher RPI would help but guess not. Thanks for clarifying that.

Bottom 3rd

Schreiber leads off the inning with a leadoff HR!!! Wilkening doubles to RF! Pitching change for CU. Alavardo lays don't a bunt single to put runners on the corners! Schlepp singles to RF to score a run and puts runners on the corners! Schlepp steals 2nd. Rev grounds out to SS but scores another run!!! WP moves Schlepp to 3rd. Boldt lines out to 3rd. Placzek walks but is thrown out stealing 2nd.

Top 4th

leadoff single for CU. Next batter flies out to CF. pop out to 1st where Schreiber made a terrific catch right by the dugout. K ends the frame.

Bottom 4th

Two out double to LF for Schreiber. Wilkening grounds out to end the inning.

Top 5th

leadoff double for CU. fly out to CF, runner stays at 2nd. Single to LF puts runners on the corners. RBI single to CF, runners on 1st and 2nd. 4-6-3 double play ends the top half.

Top 6th

Groundout to SS to start the inning. The next batter is safe on the E6 (Schreiber should have realistically caught it off the bounce though). Fly out to CF. Single up the middle puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Chesnut now in the game to relieve Knutson. The first batter walks to load the bases. Groundout to SS ends the threat!

Pretty odd double header but it's only happening b/c our game is a makeup game. right?

CU won the UNO game but, for our RPI needs, it doesn't really matter who won. Both of them are on our opponents list and when opponents play each other one wins one loses and it's all a wash for us.

But Creighton is an opponent 3x. UNO only 2x. So isn't it better Creighton won?

Bottom 6th

Boldt with a leadoff single up the middle. Placzek with a flare single to CF to runners on 1st and 2nd! Meyers with a long RBI single to left center, Placzek heads to 2nd!!! Miller grounds out to 3rd but the runners advance to 2nd and 3rd. Schreiber with a 3 run HR to LF!!! Wilkening singles up the middle! Alvarado flies out to CF. Pitching change for CU. Schlepp singles past 1st and Wilkening moves to 2nd. Rev grounds out to end the inning.

Top 7th

One out walk for CU. Groundout to SS, runner advances to 2nd. E5 puts runners on the corners. Fly out to CF ends the threat.

Bottom 7th

One out walk for Placzek and then advances on a WP. Meyers flies out to LF. Miller flies out to end the inning.

Holy smokes it's nice to be on the winning end of a game getting out of hand

Bottom 8th

Schreiber finishes the day 5/5 as he singles to LF! One double, 2 singles, 2 HR's and 5 RBI's. Wilkening singles to RF, runners on 1st and 2nd. Alvarado K's. Schlepp lines out to SS. Rev with an RBI single to RF, runners on 1st and 3rd! Boldt with and RBI single to LF, runners on 1st and 2nd! Placzek also with an RBI single to LF, runners once again on 1st and 2nd!!! Meyers with an RBI single to CF, runners on the corners!!! Mike Waldron in to pinch hit and hits an RBI single to RF, runners on 1st and 2nd!!! Schreiber flies out to the warning track in deep CF to end the inning.

That was fun watching Creighton getting spanked!

Top 9th

Chad Luensmann now in to pitch. Infield single to lead it off. groundout to SS, batter is safe at 1st on the FC, runner out at 2nd. single past SS to put runners on 1st and 2nd. groundout to SS, runners on the corners. Fly out to LF ends the game and gives the Huskers the series win against CU once again!

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT