ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Creighton (Huskers lose 4-3)

Top 2nd

Meyers with a one out double down the LF line. Alvarado with an RBI single up the middle!!! Wilkening hits into a 6-4-3 double play.

Bottom 4th

leadoff triple for CU. Sac fly scores the run. next two guys go down in order.

Top 5th

One out walk for Alvarado. Wilkening flies out to LF. Schlepp walks, pitching change for CU. Rev with an RBI single up the middle!!! Boldt K's to end the threat.

Bottom 6th

Reece Eddins now in to pitch. One out single. WP advances the runner to 2nd. Single to LF puts runners on the corners. RBI infield single puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Chesnut now in to pitch.Another RBI single puts runners on the corners. 6-4-3 double play ends the inning.

Top 7th

Leadoff triple for Meyers! Alvarado with a SAC fly to RF to tie the game!! Wilkening K's, Schlepp flies out to RF

Bottom 8th

Max Knutson in to pitch now. 2 out walk but a groundout to SS ends the inning.

Bottom 9th

Leadoff double for Creighton. groundout to 1st advances the runner to 3rd. walk off single to RF.

Can't say I'm surprised. Despite our recent success against Creighton I pretty much expected us to lose. This team just doesn't seem to have it right now. They've got a big task this weekend because the season is close to spiraling downward just like last year.

Can't say I'm surprised. Despite our recent success against Creighton I pretty much expected us to lose. This team just doesn't seem to have it right now. They've got a big task this weekend because the season is close to spiraling downward just like last year.
Yes. Not surprising. The ball club we have seen the past few weeks is the norm for a Erstad led team. It's looking like it will be a must to win the Mich and MSU series.

Knutson dominated Creighton in the first meeting two weeks ago.
He went two innings and gave up 1 run. Far from dominating. Can't blame him though...Silva has failed to develop him and Erstads/Silvas failure to build depth on the staff we have been forced to use him.

Reactions: Nate004
ADVERTISEMENT