ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska under attack from media and B1G

I didn't dump on the school or team. I pointed out why people are dumping on our fan base. Sorry if that was such a hard pill to swallow, especially the part how high school kids are able to handle a cancellation with more grace and maturity than you seem to be able to.
Those high school kids also weren't jerked around by their conference and had their season start much later. Heck, most high school football teams are going to have played more football games than we will have anyway, even with a game or two canceled.

Those high school kids also weren't jerked around by their conference and had their season start much later. Heck, most high school football teams are going to have played more football games than we will have anyway, even with a game or two canceled.
Did you just basically say that an adult fan missing a Husker game is worse than a 17 year old having a game or two canceled during his final year of football?

Wow.

Just wait until this happens to an Ohio State, Michigan or Penn State. It very well could affect their playoff chances and the B1G will have painted itself into a corner by setting a negative precedent with Nebraska being quashed for wanting to play a game. I don't wish those other teams ill will BUT I hope it happens so there can be a ground swell to get rid of this incompetent commissioner.

You've got a serious reading comprehension problem if you think that's what I'm saying.
Wow.
Pretty much what you implied. Either that, or you're equating yourself as a grown adult Husker fan to being a Husker player.

I don't fault any reaction a member of the Husker football team would have about the cancellation. The clock on their career is ticking, just like the average kid in high school.

My banter has entirely been about the behavior of the adult members of our fan base. And spare me your concern about the Lincoln economy. Nothing is stopping you or anyone else from heading to Lincoln tomorrow, and spending a boatload of money.

And just so you're properly informed- a regular season of high school football in Nebaska is 8-9 games. If a team has 2 games canceled, that becomes 6-7 games. Unless they make the playoffs, no, it will not be more games than what the Huskers will get to play.

Pretty much what you implied. Either that, or you're equating yourself as a grown adult Husker fan to being a Husker player.

I don't fault any reaction a member of the Husker football team would have about the cancellation. The clock on their career is ticking, just like the average kid in high school.

My banter has entirely been about the behavior of the adult members of our fan base. And spare me your concern about the Lincoln economy. Nothing is stopping you or anyone else from heading to Lincoln tomorrow, and spending a boatload of money.

And just so you're properly informed- a regular season of high school football in Nebaska is 8-9 games. If a team has 2 games canceled, that becomes 6-7 games. Unless they make the playoffs, no, it will not be more games than what the Huskers will get to play.
I never said one word about fan reaction. My comments were relating to our program as a whole being attacked-meaning coaches, players and leadership. You seemed to be OK with that. So if you were comparing fan reaction, you and I were talking about two totally different things.

I didn't dump on the school or team. I pointed out why people are dumping on our fan base. Sorry if that was such a hard pill to swallow, especially the part about how high school kids are able to handle a cancellation with more grace and maturity than you seem to be able to.

You’re not a fan. You’re a Kentucky fan. Go hang out on their board.

I never said one word about fan reaction. My comments were relating to our program as a whole being attacked-meaning coaches, players and leadership. You seemed to be OK with that. So if you were comparing fan reaction, you and I were talking about two totally different things.
Nebraska is being attacked because of the behavior of our fans. I guarantee it.

Nebraska is being attacked because of the behavior of our fans. I guarantee it.

You hear that guys? Kentucky boy guarantees it. So, we are being attacked because we are terrible fans to opposing teams? Really? Nebraska fans are some of nicest fans out there.

I would love to go back to the Big 12, but we'd be doing it with our tails between our legs. That doesn't sit well with me. And the Big 12 is playing some bad football right now. We go back and win in the Big 12. I can already hear the narrative of the media. They couldn't win in the B1G.

No, we have to stay, and spend their money and win alot. Success is the best revenge.

I would love to go back to the Big 12, but we'd be doing it with our tails between our legs. That doesn't sit well with me. And the Big 12 is playing some bad football right now. We go back and win in the Big 12. I can already hear the narrative of the media. They couldn't win in the B1G.

No, we have to stay, and spend their money and win alot. Success is the best revenge.

You can spin narratives... for example -
Nebraska won more division titles while in the Big 10 than Michigan.

I see several threads with National taking heads taking shots at Nebraska and every post from conference fans (with the exception OSU) is the same. Nebraska being attacked left and right for trying to play football is beyond ridiculous. In a conference with cheaters, rapist and pedophiles. Nebraska is attacked for wanting to play football the right way. What a freaking joke. The fact that Wisconsin knowingly played COVID positive players, causing an infection is a non story, but Nebraska asking permission to play an OOC game when Wisconsin decided not to play is an outrage? What in the world am I missing here?
You corn cobs are real role models.

Tom Osborne is a legend who most people consider one of the paragons of college football “values,” and, well, given how out of control those “values” seem to have gotten, I guess that’s appropriate. The reality is that the stoic Osborne was a coach who got sick of losing the big one and so in the early ‘90s, he decided that “values” were nice in theory, but damn it, he had football games to win.

The result was a gang of assholes like Scott Baldwin, who beat a woman so bad she still had trouble with basic motor skills 6 months later, or Christian Peter, who piled up multiple convictions (and was arrested 8 times! 8!), including for assault, and was alleged to have raped multiple women, with his teammates keeping a lookout each time. He was never kicked off the team and went on to be an All-Conference player as a senior and the heart of the Nebraska defense. And then there’s star running back Lawrence Phillips, who terrorized his girlfriend, beating the hell out of her and running up his own string of convictions without consequence. And those are just the most infamous. There are many more.

It was an amazing record of lawlessness, and shamefully, Osborne and Nebraska never suffered a single sanction from the NCAA. That doesn’t make it any less of a scandal, though. If anything, it makes it even more scandalous.

Leave now, we do it with our tail between our legs. After a Big 10 championship, maybe. Too much unfinished business at this point.

It will suck for me personally because I live in Wisconsin and get to attend a lot more games now. In the B12 the only road game I ever went to was Iowa State.
Funny you say that, I yearn to be back in the Big XII because I live in KC. I went to the KU game in Lawrence (which is 25 miles from where I live) every time we played there probably 8 times in a row. However that’s the only reason I yearn to go back. I’m fine with the B1G, I just think they botched the handling of this season pretty bad. I’ll get over it.

Reactions: 9and4

Tom Osborne is a legend who most people consider one of the paragons of college football “values,” and, well, given how out of control those “values” seem to have gotten, I guess that’s appropriate. The reality is that the stoic Osborne was a coach who got sick of losing the big one and so in the early ‘90s, he decided that “values” were nice in theory, but damn it, he had football games to win.

The result was a gang of assholes like Scott Baldwin, who beat a woman so bad she still had trouble with basic motor skills 6 months later, or Christian Peter, who piled up multiple convictions (and was arrested 8 times! 8!), including for assault, and was alleged to have raped multiple women, with his teammates keeping a lookout each time. He was never kicked off the team and went on to be an All-Conference player as a senior and the heart of the Nebraska defense. And then there’s star running back Lawrence Phillips, who terrorized his girlfriend, beating the hell out of her and running up his own string of convictions without consequence. And those are just the most infamous. There are many more.

It was an amazing record of lawlessness, and shamefully, Osborne and Nebraska never suffered a single sanction from the NCAA. That doesn’t make it any less of a scandal, though. If anything, it makes it even more scandalous.

Yep. It's apparent we are having a hard time fitting into your elitist conference.

Which is in full support of (still) schools and athletic departments that promoted dozens, if not hundreds, of child rapes, dozens, if not hundreds, of sexual assaults of male and female athletes, and are currently being sued by former athletes for egregious racial discrimination.

Sorry that we don't identify with the above, and don't share in those values prevalent all over "your" conference.

Instead, we have asked to play football, which is where jackasses such as yourself finally have decided to draw the line.

Can't have that going on.

Nice first post. Can’t wait for more of your brilliant insights. Maybe you can come back after the big Klan rally or pedo convention or whatever other elitist B1G past time you’re into.

Reactions: HuskerDana
I see several threads with National taking heads taking shots at Nebraska and every post from conference fans (with the exception OSU) is the same. Nebraska being attacked left and right for trying to play football is beyond ridiculous. In a conference with cheaters, rapist and pedophiles. Nebraska is attacked for wanting to play football the right way. What a freaking joke. The fact that Wisconsin knowingly played COVID positive players, causing an infection is a non story, but Nebraska asking permission to play an OOC game when Wisconsin decided not to play is an outrage? What in the world am I missing here?
Who in the conference is "cheaters, rapist and pedophiles" ?

I couldn't care less what the Big 10 said about us - nothing they could say would make me unhappy about being back home with our Big 8 brethren and having this God awful conference in the rearview mirror.

It is simple, shut the mouth, win games.

Osborne never ran his mouth, he just showed the rest how it was done.

Win and become relevant and it all goes away.

I don’t get it either.. Especially Wisconsin knowingly played a QB that had tested positive with Covid against Illinois and now do not want to play with their 4th string QB with only an Orange/ Red protocol avoiding the Nebraska game...

Why is’t this the story instead of Nebraska wanting to play a game with someone outside of the B1G..

Will Purdue need an opponent on Saturday?

I can make 2 gaurantees.
1. If we were in the Big12 or SEC nobody would be saying a word.
2. If we were in the Big12 it would have never come to the point of Nebraska being an outsider for wanting to play football. The B1G is not going to work. The money is nice, but are pride and everything we stand for is taking a back seat in this conference.

When you say “everything you stand for” it’s hilarious because to me it’s not knowing the difference between are and OUR lol

When you say “everything you stand for” it’s hilarious because to me it’s not knowing the difference between are and OUR lol
That is funny. Grammatical errors / misspellings on message board posts are completely unacceptable.

Last edited:
I don’t get it either.. Especially Wisconsin knowingly played a QB that had tested positive with Covid against Illinois and now do not want to play with their 4th string QB with only an Orange/ Red protocol avoiding the Nebraska game...

Why is’t this the story instead of Nebraska wanting to play a game with someone outside of the B1G..
Now it’s coming out that Illinois players have tested positive. Wisconsin is either not following testing protocols or is doing some shady stuff.

Reactions: TailDragger99
Who in the conference is "cheaters, rapist and pedophiles" ?
Is this a serious question? Who had the child rape scandal? Who had the trainer committing sexual assault?

Oh and I forgot about racist on the OP. That was Iowa, decades of institutional racism and coverup. But at least they didn’t try to play football, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: TailDragger99
ADVERTISEMENT