ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska under attack from media and B1G

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
I see several threads with National taking heads taking shots at Nebraska and every post from conference fans (with the exception OSU) is the same. Nebraska being attacked left and right for trying to play football is beyond ridiculous. In a conference with cheaters, rapist and pedophiles. Nebraska is attacked for wanting to play football the right way. What a freaking joke. The fact that Wisconsin knowingly played COVID positive players, causing an infection is a non story, but Nebraska asking permission to play an OOC game when Wisconsin decided not to play is an outrage? What in the world am I missing here?

I see several threads with National taking heads taking shots at Nebraska and every post from conference fans (with the exception OSU) is the same. Nebraska being attacked left and right for trying to play football is beyond ridiculous. In a conference with cheaters, rapist and pedophiles. Nebraska is attacked for wanting to play football the right way. What a freaking joke. The fact that Wisconsin knowingly played COVID positive players, causing an infection is a non story, but Nebraska asking permission to play an OOC game when Wisconsin decided not to play is an outrage? What in the world am I missing here?

The level of PC horsesh*t is unlimited for the Big10 & the Texass Big12. What I would give to see NU somehow joining the SEC.

I don’t get it either.. Especially Wisconsin knowingly played a QB that had tested positive with Covid against Illinois and now do not want to play with their 4th string QB with only an Orange/ Red protocol avoiding the Nebraska game...

Why is’t this the story instead of Nebraska wanting to play a game with someone outside of the B1G..

Some schools have competent media/public relations departments and their athletic programs are able to explore alternate ideas within the framework of a conference in a confidential and respectful manner

others do not have the requisite cerebral function to effectively navigate complex and nuanced situations while still maintaining some degree of respectability outside of their own borders

unbelievable how far things had progressed with UT-Chat prior to even knowing if the conference would allow it

Last edited:
relax. there was nothing else to talk about. after the games this weekend no one will care again

It's pure bullcrap to dump on Nebraska just for wanting to give the players a chance to play football after practicing so long.

But on the flip side, all the hatred proves Nebraska is still relevant! And I think Nebraska is made more attractive to potential recruits by sticking up for the players.

You're missing nothing. Injustice has existed since the "Fall", and will continue to exist until the end of time.

The level of PC horsesh*t is unlimited for the Big10 & the Texass Big12. What I would give to see NU somehow joining the SEC.
Not going to happen. You're high off you ass if you think the SEC would respect us any more than the B1G does. Call in to Paul Finebaum sometime; nevermind anything he might say. But talk about how awesome we once were, and then listen to the folks that call in afterwards.

How about Kevin Warren or someone else from the Big Ten come out in defense of one of their member institutions? You know, acknowledge that they appreciate NU’s position but regrettably are not able to accommodate them at this time. Then maybe provide just a little bit of detail as to why they said no. Is that so hard?

And seriously- how is asking if they could schedule another game petulant or being a whiny bitch? JFC, clowns, get a grip.

It's pure bullcrap to dump on Nebraska just for wanting to give the players a chance to play football after practicing so long.

But on the flip side, all the hatred proves Nebraska is still relevant! And I think Nebraska is made more attractive to potential recruits by sticking up for the players.
We bitched about the Big 12 and Texas, so we left, joined the B1G, and jabbed our finger in Missouri's eye on the way out.

Then, when there was no football being played, we were vocal about playing which, OK fine-I was as well. People began yearning about the Big 12. That lasted until the Big 12 sucked the first week.

Then, we get football back. There was much rejoicing, until we see the schedule. We then begin bitching again because we have to play 2 teams that we were slated to play before the season cancellation. This bitching comes with calls to leave the B1G.

Now, despite getting football back, a game gets canceled. We seek out an OOC opponent, which went against the agreed-to policy when the season started. We get turned down by the B1G, so now we're bitching again, complete with calls to leave the B1G. Some are even throwing the SEC in as a possibility, like we'd be respected or treated any better there.

In the meantime, there are 16-18 year olds all over the US that have had a football game or two canceled. Many of these kids are seniors, the majority of whom will never pad up again after this fall. Somehow, they manage to handle it better than 80% of the adults on this message board are handling the loss of this game.

People aren't dumping on Nebraska because we want to play a game. They're dumping on Nebraska due to all of the aforementioned things.

Some schools have competent media/public relations departments and their athletic programs are able to explore alternate ideas within the framework of a conference in a confidential and respectful manner

others do not have the requisite cerebral function to effectively navigate complex and nuanced situations while still maintaining some degree of respectability outside of their own borders

unbelievable how far things had progressed with UT-Chat prior to even knowing if the conference would allow it
dont_give_a_shit_morgan_freeman.gif

This is example number one billion of how the power centers of academia, progressive politicians, and the media have united and will attack and/or destroy anyone or anything that questions them about pretty much anything.

Nebraska had the audacity to do all the legwork to set up a game and then quietly acquiesce to the B1G when they denied the request?

UNFORGIVABLE!! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!

I just posted this on a K-State fan board:

I don't hold the personal animosity towards Nebraska as others here. I believe it would be great to have them ask to come back and for the B12 to readmit them. They are a natural rival, border state, with shared values, a rich football tradition, and national appeal. No brainer for me.

I can make 2 gaurantees.
1. If we were in the Big12 or SEC nobody would be saying a word.
2. If we were in the Big12 it would have never come to the point of Nebraska being an outsider for wanting to play football. The B1G is not going to work. The money is nice, but are pride and everything we stand for is taking a back seat in this conference.

I can make 2 gaurantees.
1. If we were in the Big12 or SEC nobody would be saying a word.
2. If we were in the Big12 it would have never come to the point of Nebraska being an outsider for wanting to play football. The B1G is not going to work. The money is nice, but are pride and everything we stand for is taking a back seat in this conference.

Leave now, we do it with our tail between our legs. After a Big 10 championship, maybe. Too much unfinished business at this point.

It will suck for me personally because I live in Wisconsin and get to attend a lot more games now. In the B12 the only road game I ever went to was Iowa State.

Reactions: Wing-Back
Yeah, I heard Paul Finebaum this morning. Needless to say he won't be receiving a Christmas Card from Coach Frost.
Criticism from that worthless arrogant blowhard is a compliment. There is no more insufferable media creature in college football, and that's saying something because there are a lot of them. He got a lot of attention for the guy who poisoned the Toomers Corner trees admitting it on his show, and suddenly the guy thought he was bigger than the sport he covers. His insufferable ego never let down from that one.

Honestly, I don’t disagree with many of the shots and it comes down to one thing, we don’t win football games. If we had dominated the B12 and Texas, we wouldn’t have left. If we were dominating the BIG 10, we could puff our chests out and cause a commotion. Bottom line, we are loud, proud and an average football program. That’s an easy target as far as I’m concerned. Nebraska has become the victim instead of the bully. Hopefully that changes, but it won’t any time soon.

Reactions: The Garvin Lizard
We bitched about the Big 12 and Texas, so we left, joined the B1G, and jabbed our finger in Missouri's eye on the way out.

Then, when there was no football being played, we were vocal about playing which, OK fine-I was as well. People began yearning about the Big 12. That lasted until the Big 12 sucked the first week.

Then, we get football back. There was much rejoicing, until we see the schedule. We then begin bitching again because we have to play 2 teams that we were slated to play before the season cancellation. This bitching comes with calls to leave the B1G.

Now, despite getting football back, a game gets canceled. We seek out an OOC opponent, which went against the agreed-to policy when the season started. We get turned down by the B1G, so now we're bitching again, complete with calls to leave the B1G. Some are even throwing the SEC in as a possibility, like we'd be respected or treated any better there.

In the meantime, there are 16-18 year olds all over the US that have had a football game or two canceled. Many of these kids are seniors, the majority of whom will never pad up again after this fall. Somehow, they manage to handle it better than 80% of the adults on this message board are handling the loss of this game.

People aren't dumping on Nebraska because we want to play a game. They're dumping on Nebraska due to all of the aforementioned things.
You realize just how bad 2020 really is when Husker fans start dumping on their own school and team. I blame it on the virus affecting the brains. Eek

You realize just how bad 2020 really is when Husker fans start dumping on their own school and team. I blame it on the virus affecting the brains. Eek
Most of those people probably really aren't fans anyway. They claim some kind of fandom but they're really just here to cause trouble. That isn't a 2020 thing-that's just the way these message boards always have been.

Honestly, I don’t disagree with many of the shots and it comes down to one thing, we don’t win football games. If we had dominated the B12 and Texas, we wouldn’t have left. If we were dominating the BIG 10, we could puff our chests out and cause a commotion. Bottom line, we are loud, proud and an average football program. That’s an easy target as far as I’m concerned. Nebraska has become the victim instead of the bully. Hopefully that changes, but it won’t any time soon.
Being treated with respect should have nothing to do with winning. The idea that what we have been doing would suddenly be OK if we had just been winning is pure nonsense. Fighting for your players and your program is great and fine if you've been a winning program recently, but it's not if you haven't been? That makes not one shred of sense. Kicking programs who are down because they are easy targets but not when they are doing great is what juvenile schoolyard bullies do, not what mature thinking adults do. Endorsing that kind of nonsense puts you in with the former group, not the latter.

Last edited:
Nebraska is a red State with a tiny population in the middle of flyover country. A great deal of the venom coming our way is the result of east coast/upper midwest snobbery towards the plains states. Trust me ... I live out here. People out here don't just look down their noses at the middle of the country, they actually hate it and blame it for Trump etc..... They think we are stupid bumpkins who should just be satisfied with the crumbs they toss us. That is why they harp so much on UNL's academic status. It confirms their bias that were are uneducated boobs who deserve nothing. And so when we speak up, when Moos speaks up, when Frost speaks up, to the folks back here it is an outrage and is viewed as an uppity group of bumpkins who don't know their place and need to be taught a lesson. It does not help either that our football program is a shadow of its former self.

I didn't dump on the school or team. I pointed out why people are dumping on our fan base. Sorry if that was such a hard pill to swallow, especially the part about how high school kids are able to handle a cancellation with more grace and maturity than you seem to be able to.

Last edited:
Being treated with respect should have nothing to do with winning. The idea that what we have been doing would suddenly be OK if we had just been winning is pure nonsense. Fighting for your players and your program is great and fine if you've been a winning program recently, but it's not if you haven't been? That makes not one shred of sense. Kicking programs who are down because they are easy targets but not when they are doing great is what juvenile schoolyard bullies do, not what mature thinking adults do. Endorsing that kind of nonsense puts you in with the former group, not the latter.
On the contrary, mature adults look in the mirror and not just out the window. Perhaps we have been treated unfairly from time to time, but I assure you, if Nebraska was still competing for titles, we wouldn’t be so quick to bitch or make excuses. Wow is me is not becoming. Just my take. I’m down with disagreeing. I’m not emotional that way.

On the contrary, mature adults look in the mirror and not just out the window. Perhaps we have been treated unfairly from time to time, but I assure you, if Nebraska was still competing for titles, we wouldn’t be so quick to bitch or make excuses. Wow is me is not becoming. Just my take. I’m down with disagreeing. I’m not emotional that way.
I'm not generally into the "woe is me" stuff. I thought people made a little too big of a deal about complaining about our tough schedule. That's the kind of thing where you need to just suck it up and deal with it. But saying that we are being unfairly attacked for the horrible sin of trying to play football is not "woe is me". That is just being honest and fair.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT