ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska under attack from media and B1G

Just wait until this happens to an Ohio State, Michigan or Penn State. It very well could affect their playoff chances and the B1G will have painted itself into a corner by setting a negative precedent with Nebraska being quashed for wanting to play a game. I don't wish those other teams ill will BUT I hope it happens so there can be a ground swell to get rid of this incompetent commissioner.
Kind of interesting that Wisconsin is getting a pass for being so horribly irresponsible with their behavior. That has resulted now in Illinois being screwed. Alvarez's wonderful Wisconsin may very well single handedly bring down the entire B!G season.

I see several threads with National taking heads taking shots at Nebraska and every post from conference fans (with the exception OSU) is the same. Nebraska being attacked left and right for trying to play football is beyond ridiculous. In a conference with cheaters, rapist and pedophiles. Nebraska is attacked for wanting to play football the right way. What a freaking joke. The fact that Wisconsin knowingly played COVID positive players, causing an infection is a non story, but Nebraska asking permission to play an OOC game when Wisconsin decided not to play is an outrage? What in the world am I missing here?

Do like I do my man, absolutely ignore all the BS. There was nothing wrong with Nebraska trying to play UTC and then asking the BIG 10 for permission. The only way anyone should be giving us crap is if we scheduled the game and played it without asking for approval. But simply asking for permission, getting denied and then moving on....absolutely nothing wrong with that. Not even a little bit. Everyone elses BS opinion has no baring or meaning outside their hate for the Huskers.

Last edited:
I would love to go back to the Big 12, but we'd be doing it with our tails between our legs. That doesn't sit well with me. And the Big 12 is playing some bad football right now. We go back and win in the Big 12. I can already hear the narrative of the media. They couldn't win in the B1G.

No, we have to stay, and spend their money and win alot. Success is the best revenge.

Yes, that is a good point sir. Yeah, let's start kicking the Big10 around and "then" we leave.

Good point.

What with all the hospitals overflowing everywhere.
Well in my area they are seeing a rise in COVID cases in their ICU's. They're all older people who attended weddings etc. Way too many white hairs wandering around HyVee for my liking. Masks are NOT protecting them.

Last edited:
I never said we should leave.

I'm not at all trying to suggest you said that. It's just the idea of starting to win games so we wouldn't always have to hear what a light-weight/loser NU was.

I realize the chances of getting in the SEC are minimal. But it sure would make me a happy camper! :)

I'm not at all trying to suggest you said that. It's just the idea of starting to win games so we wouldn't always have to hear what a light-weight/loser NU was.

I realize the chances of getting in the SEC are minimal. But it sure would make me a happy camper! :)
I'm at the point where I think it would make sense to throw out the current conferences and redraw conferences based on geographical parameters. Traveling half way across the country to play college football doesn't make a lot of logistical sense to me. Originally that was the way it was done.

I see several threads with National taking heads taking shots at Nebraska and every post from conference fans (with the exception OSU) is the same. Nebraska being attacked left and right for trying to play football is beyond ridiculous. In a conference with cheaters, rapist and pedophiles. Nebraska is attacked for wanting to play football the right way. What a freaking joke. The fact that Wisconsin knowingly played COVID positive players, causing an infection is a non story, but Nebraska asking permission to play an OOC game when Wisconsin decided not to play is an outrage? What in the world am I missing here?

I will say it one more time. The Huskers need to start winning games. Win and nobody will laugh, but until then expect no respect. Even one of my favorite talking heads, Dan Patrick, said this week about the talk amongst some of our fans about wanting to leave the Big Ten, “Hey Nebraska! Go ahead and threatened to leave. Tom Osborne is not walking through the door anytime soon”. Nebraska and us fan will get NO respect until we start winning.

Last edited:
I will say it one more time. The Huskers need to start winning games. Win and nobody will laugh, but until then expect no respect. Even one of my favorite talking heads, Dan Patrick, said this week about the talk amongst some of our fans about wanting to leave the Big Ten, “Hey Nebraska! Go ahead and threatened to leave. Tom Osborne is not walking through the door anytime soon”. Nebraska and us fan will get NO respect until we start winning. Excuses are for losers.

What are you even freaking talking about? What excuses? Nebraska just wants to play football. How hard is that to understand?

What are you even freaking talking about? What excuses? Nebraska just wants to play football. How hard is that to understand?

You are right and I deleted that last sentence. Please forget that a I even wrote it. What I meant to say is that until the Huskers start winning we will have no clout with the conference and get no respect from the national press. Even when we are clearly in the right as in the case of Moos trying to get another team to play the Huskers today. I’ve done a terrible job of articulating my thoughts. I hate it when the Huskers get no respect. I am sure most people on this board feel the same way. I don’t think I being simplistic when I say, “Winning will cure all ills”. It won’t be easy. I don’t think the answer is to leave the Big Ten or to fire Scott Frost. I think the answer is to start winning.

Hey are you back in Nebraska? Pretty late to be up writing on the board. The wife has gone to bed. The dog and I are half watching WKU @ BYU and UNLV vs Nevada. Not very good games. Just took the dog out. Great moon out tonight.

I think we just need to embrace the fact that we are hated. In all honesty I kinda like it. There’s nothing wrong with being the “heel” every great story needs a great bad guy and I’d love that to be us. Granted we need to win but the west is up for grabs this year and wouldn’t it be f’n fantastic if we could reach out and take it all the while giving a big ol middle finger to everyone else? It’s perfect for us. No one wants to see us succeed, we have a young brash coach who isn’t afraid to say something provocative, and we have a young hungry team by the looks of this 2019 class. I’m excited for the future. I say bring on the hate. It doesn’t bother me and it doesn’t bother the team. Bring it the **** on

In the meantime, there are 16-18 year olds all over the US that have had a football game or two canceled. Many of these kids are seniors, the majority of whom will never pad up again after this fall. Somehow, they manage to handle it better than 80% of the adults on this message board are handling the loss of this game.
do those 16-18 year olds play for teams that routinely fill a stadium of 90k seats?

What a stupid comparison, I bet you wear your mask while driving don't you?

do those 16-18 year olds play for teams that routinely fill a stadium of 90k seats?

What a stupid comparison, I bet you wear your mask while driving don't you?
So, your response to high school football players acting far more mature than ADULT FANS over a game cancellation is that the high school kids play in front of smaller crowds/ in smaller stadiums, and therefore the kids should be acting more mature over the loss of a game that they actually play in than the adults over a game that they just watch?

That's the answer you really want to stick with?

I bet you sleep with a garbage bag over your head.

Last edited:
So, your response to high school football players acting far more mature than ADULT FANS over a game cancellation is that the high school kids play in front of smaller crowds/ in smaller stadiums, and therefore the kids should be acting more mature over the loss of a game that they actually play in than the adults over a game that they just watch?

Can you provide evidence of high school football players acting far more mature than adult fans? Seriously, all you do is make stuff up to needle husker fans. All the while, claiming to be a husker fan. The only likes any of your posts ever get are from other fan bases, and you are proud of that, claiming that those likes prove you are a husker fan.

If you are a husker fan, quit being a tool to other husker fans and people will treat you better. It’s as simple as that.

High School football isn't a commodity like college/NFL, you mental midget.

People like you are why others can't stand our fanbase, you have this weird sense of self-righteousness that forgoes reality for "dOiNg WhAtS rIgHt" like you're the arbiter of morality.

Just know that if Scott Frost had to listen to your weird diatribe, he would silently write you off as a dumbass.

People like you are why others can't stand our fanbase, you have this weird sense of self-righteousness that forgoes reality for "dOiNg WhAtS rIgHt" like you're the arbiter of morality.

Just know that if Scott Frost had to listen to your weird diatribe, he would silently write you off as a dumbass.
Like others have already stated, I don’t believe he’s a husker fan. All he does is berate husker fans. I have yet to see a post where he isn’t taking a shot at husker fans.

That’s classic trolling if you ask me.

Your first point isn't one. The reason for that is that you're not upset about what is /isn't a commodity; you just wanted to watch a game.

Secondly, I never claimed to be those things. I just know that between the adult fans and the Nebraska players, I bet players got over the cancellation quicker than the fans.

Lastly, I don't care too much what Scott Frost thinks about me, and that's assuming he thinks anything about me at all, which I'm sure he doesn't. I do feel pretty certain he, like the players, moved on to worrying about Northwestern long before you did.

Your first point isn't one. The reason for that is that you're not upset about what is /isn't a commodity; you just wanted to watch a game.

Secondly, I never claimed to be those things. I just know that between the adult fans and the Nebraska players, I bet players got over the cancellation quicker than the fans.

Lastly, I don't care too much what Scott Frost thinks about me, and that's assuming he thinks anything about me at all, which I'm sure he doesn't. I do feel pretty certain he, like the players, moved on to worrying about Northwestern long before you did.

you're too dumb to reason with. Yes, I wanted to watch the game, because its a commodity. Do you know what a commodity is? It's anything of value you're willing to exchange money and/or time for. if you like to drink coffee, and coffee is made illegal, you'd be upset that you can't drink coffee because to you it's a commodity.

While we're talking about "adult things to do", maybe have a little self-awareness that you're on a internet message board dedicated to Nebraska sports trying to lecture strangers on how they shouldn't having a desire to want to watch college sports.

Get off your deal on High School football, too. I can tell from the way you talked that you probably never played sports at any level past middle school, so you don't really have a right to speak.

ADVERTISEMENT