ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska to play UTEP in Sun bowl Invitational

icedragon

Walk On
Mar 17, 2004
as per UTEP's web site. we will be playing Utep, Central Michigan & Arkansas-pine bluff. This looks like a very very good choice on tim's part, it shows a level of intelligence and awareness of the ability and needs of the team. it is not an over powering Tournament, so we won't be blown out and it is not an easy tournament and we can't cruise either. good schedule Tim good schedule.

This post was edited on 7/11 6:55 PM by icedragon

http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/071112aaa.html

The hospitality at the Sun Carnival Tournament in El Paso is second to none. They take care of the visiting teams unlike the other holiday tourneys. And it doesn't hurt that Coach Miles took CSU down there and won that tourney. Chances are the Huskers will get Central Michigan in the first round and then UTEP in the finals. That would be a winnable matchup, but the Huskers will be an underdog.

I think we are favored slighly against Central Michigan and a slight underdog against UTEP. This is a VERY,VERY,VERY smart pick for Miles. I have always thought UTEP was a good match up for us. Now we get to see. UTEP was a 11-5 at home last year. so it will be no cake walk, but it can be done. this will be a good test for Miles, how we perform in this toruney will tell us how the team is coming and how they have gotten Miles system and how good the talent is. UTEP is going to have 2 new player that will improve on there 11-5 team record. Good choice Tim Good Choice.

I agree. I would like to see NU play a tough non-conference schedule, but not a brutal one. So playing at UTEP is exactly the type of game they should be looking for. Anything is better than Maryland Eastern Shore and yet another game against new rival Jackson St.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT