ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska to get its first win this weekend vs Northwestern

chicolby

All-American
May 3, 2012
I’ll go on the record and call for the Huskers first win vs Northwestern this weekend. The team will be playing in front of a friendly crowd with a Stadium half full of Husker fans. While the defense isn’t particularly stout, Northwestern doesn’t have a formidable rushing attack and may be forced to pass in less than ideal conditions.

Nebraska’s offense has shown that it’s not only potent, but is coming on.

I think Nebraska escapes with a win on the road which will lead to a nice three game winning streak.

Il
I’ll go on the record and call for the Huskers first win vs Northwestern this weekend. The team will be playing in front of a friendly crowd with a Stadium half full of Husker fans. While the defense isn’t particularly stout, Northwestern doesn’t have a formidable rushing attack and may be forced to pass in less than ideal conditions.

I think Nebraska escapes with a win on the road which will lead to a nice three game winning streak.
I'll take it

Wish I could agree, and hope you're right, but until they prove they can play a complete game without self-destructing, I just can buy it.

After watching the NW vs Mich St game, I think we win both. These two teams we just match up better. NW doesn't have too much of a running game. Enough that you can just abandon the run defense, but as poor as we've been against the run this could be a blessing for us right now.

I don’t know that I see it happening this weekend. BUT.....I can see Nebraska winning three of the next four after that. Michigan State is overrated and won me some money this past weekend because of it so who knows.

I think Nebraska escapes with a a win on the road which will lead to a nice three game winning streak.
I don't know if it is just wishful thinking or figuring we are due but I feel the same way. Should be a wild game but we win it easier than most think. Nebraska (NU) 42 Northwestern (NWC) 23. GBR

Reactions: Phdoggy
Nebraska has a favorable matchup in every facet of the game vs NW except one significant area:

1. The Huskers might be the dumbest team in the country and NW is literally the smartest team.

NW wins half their games each season because their opponent just flat out loses the game. Hell, they've already won two games like that - Purdue and Michigan State.

I could see a scenario where the Huskers out gain Northwestern 600 to 350 and lose by double digits. Nebraska has to improve dramatically on special teams, in turnover margin, and penalty yardage before they can beat anyone other than Illinois or Bethune Cookman.

Nebraska has a favorable matchup in every facet of the game vs NW except one significant area:

1. The Huskers might be the dumbest team in the country and NW is literally the smartest team.

NW wins half their games each season because their opponent just flat out loses the game. Hell, they've already won two games like that - Purdue and Michigan State.

I could see a scenario where the Huskers out gain Northwestern 600 to 350 and lose by double digits. Nebraska has to improve dramatically on special teams, in turnover margin, and penalty yardage before they can beat anyone other than Illinois or Bethune Cookman.
man you're on a roll. Another mic drop moment.

Northwestern will have likely figured out those postercards we use on the sidelines.. again.

Why oh why do we use such a stupid system to signal in plays?

Reactions: Huskred01
Northwestern will have likely figured out those postercards we use on the sidelines.. again.

Why oh why do we use such a stupid system to signal in plays?
If you are going no huddle, it is going to be signs, hand signals or some combination of both. But yes, you always have to worry about those nerds figuring them out.

Last edited:

By my count Nebraska has 893 wins

This. I don't think we win purely from the standpoint that their D will throw some stuff at us that we can't handle at this point, and we will have more turnovers. I am excited to have a punter that can do the job, so maybe the ability to even out starting field position will make a big enough difference.

NW was up 17-0 on Michigan, right?

Michigan destroyed Nebraska from the tipped pass lost TD.

I don't get it. I have no more sunshine pump left in my body.

How are we that much better with #5 and the same OL, mixed around a little, and that D which is atrocious.

I think the reverse line movement is the only way Vegas can draw Nebraska $$$ at this point. Just weird. NW is sky high right now, why come down???

Last edited:

Here's one reason why Nebraska losses to BCC.

https://bcuathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2529

Reactions: UCFBS
NW was up 17-0 on Michigan, right?

Michigan destroyed Nebraska from the tipped pass lost TD.

I don't get it. I have no more sunshine pump left in my body.

How are we that much better with #5 and the same OL, mixed around a little, and that D which is atrocious.

I think the reverse line movement is the only way Vegas can draw Nebraska $$$ at this point. Just weird. NW is sky high right now, why come down???

NW had a bye week prior to the Michigan game at most likely ironed somethings out.. Give Fitz two weeks and he is thought to beat during the season...

Still weighing the fact that NW plays better away from home. It’s a home game.;)

I hope we win this weekend. It’s a winnable game. It all hinges on penalties. If we have 2 or fewer turnovers, and 6 or fewer penalties, then I think we win. More than that in either category and the game becomes Northwestern’s to lose.

NW had a bye week prior to the Michigan game at most likely ironed somethings out.. Give Fitz two weeks and he is thought to beat during the season...

Still weighing the fact that NW plays better away from home. It’s a home game.;)
This is so true. NW is probably the only team in the country that’s worse at home than the road for some reason.

Reactions: scarletred
I hope we win this weekend. It’s a winnable game. It all hinges on penalties. If we have 2 or fewer turnovers, and 6 or fewer penalties, then I think we win. More than that in either category and the game becomes Northwestern’s to lose.

I think it’s important to get some take aways for ourselves which would go along way in helping us win this game..
2AM always has the possibility of forcing something that isn’t there too..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT