ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Statement on this Weekend

I hate being so impotent. If we hadn't sucked for a few years (thanks Bo and Mike) we'd be much more in the driver's seat of this thing as we should be.

We keep growing a pair just to lop it off and hand it over to the B1G. We'll never return to some semblance of glory so long as we're in this conferences. Makes being a die-hard fan so difficult and disheartening. It's exhausting and I feel for our business, fans, and student athletes.

I hate being so impotent. If we hadn't sucked for a few years (thanks Bo and Mike) we'd be much more in the driver's seat of this thing as we should be.

We keep growing a pair just to lop it off and hand it over to the B1G. We'll never return to some semblance of glory so long as we're in this conferences. Makes being a die-hard fan so difficult and disheartening. It's exhausting and I feel for our business, fans, and student athletes.
Exactly

Reactions: BleedRed78
So did NU seek a non-conference opponent even though the previous agreement of a 9 game conference only schedule was approved by all schools? Did NU feel that with Wisconsin’s action, that the commissioner’s office now allowed a more flexible plan? Did someone in commissioner’s office say to Nebraska, “Go ahead see what arrangements you can put together and we’ll let you know “?
I’m confused.

Better to ask for forgiveness, schedule the game and play, what's the BIG going to do. Time to back up your words about looking out for your student athletes. FU BIG, play the game and make them do something.
Not gonna happen. They're laying the groundwork for leaving the conference without getting bankrupted by the move. Read it again under that premise. The BIG wants us gone and we want to be gone.

There's a good chance that the conference either goes ahead allowing someone else to play ooc games down the stretch or arbitrarily decides that 21 days is really only 10 days if it's Wisconsin. And that's more ammo for Nebraska for when the time comes.

Not gonna happen. They're laying the groundwork for leaving the conference without getting bankrupted by the move. Read it again under that premise.

There's a good chance that the conference either goes ahead allowing other teams to play ooc games down the stretch or arbitrarily decides that 21 days is really only 10 days if it's Wisconsin. And that's more ammo for Nebraska for when the time comes.
Could be.

I know there are bigger issues at hand, but I was wondering if the players who were penalized for targeting would have to sit out for half of next weeks game. Why should they have to considering our whole team will have to sit out the entirety of this weeks.

Last edited:
Not gonna happen. They're laying the groundwork for leaving the conference without getting bankrupted by the move. Read it again under that premise. The BIG wants us gone and we want to be gone.

There's a good chance that the conference either goes ahead allowing someone else to play ooc games down the stretch or arbitrarily decides that 21 days is really only 10 days if it's Wisconsin. And that's more ammo for Nebraska for when the time comes.

Did Mommy tell you it was time to put away your toys? Here is what I hear when I read your aggrieved whining, between fits of laughter: when Dad gets home, he's going to take all my toys, and put them in the fireplace, and if he does that, I'm gonna pack my bindle and run away. My friend never has to put away his toys! He gets ice cream for supper every night. ICE CREAM!

• Haha
Better to ask for forgiveness, schedule the game and play, what's the BIG going to do. Time to back up your words about looking out for your student athletes. FU BIG, play the game and make them do something.

it was quite clear that this wasn't going to fly based on the rules set forth a little over a month ago
I suspect Neb was smart enough to know this - although maybe not

this was just another stunt to get garner support and rile up the fan base in lieu of actually winning football games

it's like mentioning the walkon program or every once in a while lining up in the I formation and giving it to the fullback - it distracts the fan base from what is actually happening on the scoreboard

• Haha
it was quite clear that this wasn't going to fly based on the rules set forth a little over a month ago

this was just another stunt to get garner support and rile up the fan base in lieu of actually winning football games

it's like mentioning the walkon program or every once in a while lining up in the I formation and giving it to the fullback - it distracts the fan base from what is actually happening on the scoreboard

But it was a brilliant move to play Mertz Friday knowing he was positive with Covid..

Take a couple of laps with your propaganda..

But it was a brilliant move to play Mertz Friday knowing he was positive with Covid..

Take a couple of laps with your propaganda..

classic whataboutism - strawman ploy
didn't mentioned a thing about Mertz or Wisconsin

very similar to the "at least we aren't xxxxxxx" posts that follow getting spanked by ~6 TDs against OSU last week

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo

Unless we start dominating and winning a bunch of games right away, we’re not going to get a voice or fair shake in this conference.

If they start bending the number of days a player sits for Wisconsin to accommodate their agenda then I think it should be anarchy against the BIG-10.

Either way a contingency plan is probably in the works to exit this rigid, crusty, egotistical conference. I’d be fine with that. Other than Ohio State’s program and fanbase who gets it, the rest of the lame ass conference can F*** Off!

Reactions: Mack In Motion
I hate being so impotent.....

This is exactly why staying in this conference will be the nails in the coffin for the football program.

So we can either keep taking the money, or we can leave and have the football program (and some dignity). But we cannot have both.

Which happens first?

1) Mass vaccine for COVID

2) Nebraska wins the B1G West

3) jlb tells us who his/her favorite team really is

classic whataboutism - strawman ploy
didn't mentioned a thing about Mertz or Wisconsin

very similar to the "at least we aren't xxxxxxx" posts that follow getting spanked by ~6 TDs against OSU last week
ha I like how getting beat by exactly 5 tds isn't enough for @jlb321

nope. ~6 tds is better. even when the facts are on your side, you manipulate your representation of them.

it's a sickness!

Reactions: ATX Husker
ha I like how getting beat by exactly 5 tds isn't enough for @jlb321

nope. ~6 tds is better. even when the facts are on your side, you manipulate your representation of them.

it's a sickness!

I’ll walk you through the math - let me know if you require additional tutelage

Step 1 - by how many points did OSU annihilate Neb by?

Hint - take the total number of points scored by OSU and subtract the total number of points scored by Neb

Step 2 - how many points are awarded in the game of football by scoring a touchdown?

I linked the rules for your convenance

Rules

Step 3 - divide your step 1 answer by your step 2 answer

Step 4- round your step 3 answer to the nearest whole number to get the approx number of touchdowns OSU beat Neb by

(Extra credit may be available if you show your work)

good luck!

• Haha
I’ll walk you through the math - let me know if you require additional tutelage

Step 1 - by how many points did OSU annihilate Neb by?

Hint - take the total number of points scored by OSU and subtract the total number of points scored by Neb

Step 2 - how many points are awarded in the game of football by scoring a touchdown?

Step 3 - divide your step 1 answer by your step 2 answer

Step 4- round your step 3 answer to the nearest whole number to get the approx number of touchdowns OSU beat Neb by

(Extra credit may be available if you show your work)

good luck!
52-17=35

35/7=5

got any more brain busters for me, genius? absolutely hilarious you typed all that out without even knowing the score yourself. once again the smartest guy in the room gets a little too far out over his skis.

what a dumbass.

52-17=35

35/7=5

got any more brain busters for me, genius? absolutely hilarious you typed all that out without even knowing the score yourself. once again the smartest guy in the room gets a little too far out over his skis.

what a dumbass.

what is hilarious is you think a touchdown is worth 7 points - do you follow the game?

• Haha
This attempt to save face is just sad, even for you.
it's not an attempt to save face. he's been thinking about this since saturday. it's very intentional.

he takes so much pride in being an insufferably obnoxious twat, I should've seen it coming. that's on me. hand up. kudos, @jlb321, for yet another job well done.

between this and the insistence to denounce Coach Osborne for moving NU to the b1g, the last 4 days spent in the workshop have paid off.

Reactions: Swiv3D
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT