ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska quarterback's feelings/sensitivity

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
I think van bronson pushed tagge
I think I remember craig sundberg filling in for turner gill during concussions
I remember brooke filling in for frazier during leg clots, and the terminator filling in for brooke
then there was the crouch/nukem drama.....crouch cried at millard north but won the job, nukem & crouch dealt with it
now we have a qb (based on a person's presupposition what a qb is) playing, and no developed replacement

the team we played the other day had a #2 qb ready to go, by a first year coach..

we have a 4th year coach, what went wrong...why has having a #2 qb become a everest for Nebraska?

we are 5 deep at rb, and they are competing and not crying..but for some reason qb's are sensitive to such things.

Last edited:
The excuse was that no good QBs would want to come in and be a backup. Well that is exactly what happened for Illinois.

Did we even put feelers out to anyone? I think we’d struggle to win a game this year if either of our backups were to play 100% of the time. Yes, that includes Fordham.

Reactions: redwine65
I have never understood why QBs can never be subbed during a game, but every other position on the field, a back up will probably get some playing time.

I actually liked what Gary Pinkell did with Chase Daniel when Brad Smith was his starter...he played one series usually in the second quarter if I remember correctly. I think that helped Chase when he took over as the starter.

I have never understood why QBs can never be subbed during a game, but every other position on the field, a back up will probably get some playing time.

I actually liked what Gary Pinkell did with Chase Daniel when Brad Smith was his starter...he played one series usually in the second quarter if I remember correctly. I think that helped Chase when he took over as the starter.
Yeah, was predetermined so that the starter wasn’t surprised. It also gives the starter a chance to discuss what he has seen with the QB coach and/or OC so the game plan can be adjusted accordingly

Osborne did it quite often giving the back up a series at the start of the 2nd Q in games depending the opponent..

Even SF had to seat out a series a couple of times with Frankie London coming in to get some snaps..

SF sure hasn’t learned much from TO on a lot of things the biggest is special teams that TO never took lightly..

Osborne did it quite often giving the back up a series at the start of the 2nd Q in games depending the opponent..

Even SF had to seat out a series a couple of times with Frankie London coming in to get some snaps..

SF sure hasn’t learned much from TO on a lot of things the biggest is special teams that TO never took lightly..
We were probably up 21 by that point

Trevor Siemian was the starting QB for the Denver Broncos when the 2016 season started.
I understand. That is what makes Nebraska's depth even more ASS.
Trevor was a Redshirt Freshman behind two starters.
When's the last time we have had that kind of depth and quality rise through the ranks?

I understand. That is what makes Nebraska's depth even more ASS.
Trevor was a Redshirt Freshman behind two starters.
When's the last time we have had that kind of depth and quality rise through the ranks?

Ameer Abdullah?

We had some depth at RB for quite a while. Nobody that was all-world super stud, but some legitimate dudes.

RB had some good succession but QB has been a mess.

T-Mart
Armstrong
AM

These have been the face of the QB room for the past 10 years.

Wisconsin and Iowa have pretty well drummed us for the past 10 years.

Can you honestly tell me they have had a better QB succession?

yes. both the martinezs sucked balls and Tommy had no help

in those years, both schools have seen at least one QB play in the NFL. ours are all selling insurance.

So when we play Wisky and Iowa, you are deftly scared their QBs are going to beat us and not the 99.99% of the rest of their team?

So when we play Wisky and Iowa, you are deftly scared their QBs are going to beat us and not the 99.99% of the rest of their team?
NFL quarterbacks are better than running backs pretending to be quarterbacks, yes

taylor and adrian martinez set our program back decades

they are trash and their 'flashes' of potential have caused our incapable idiot coaches to believe what you believe: there's a road to success if only they this that and the other

if either player wore another uniform, you would agree whole heartedly

koolaid is a hell of a drug

Reactions: Baxter48

...and for whatever reason that game has scarred Frost's thinking about playing sub QBs ever since.

...and for whatever reason that game has scarred Frost's thinking about playing sub QBs ever since.

Even the very best programs in Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, and Ohio State rarely play their backups other than garbage time.

Only time I recall Saban splitting any snaps was when Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts were on campus together. Both starters in the NFL now.

NFL quarterbacks are better than running backs pretending to be quarterbacks, yes

taylor and adrian martinez set our program back decades

they are trash and their 'flashes' of potential have caused our incapable idiot coaches to believe what you believe: there's a road to success if only they this that and the other

if either player wore another uniform, you would agree whole heartedly

koolaid is a hell of a drug

Right.

If we only had Spencer Petras this year at QB we'd be serious contenders in the West and looking at an 8+ win season.

RB had some good succession but QB has been a mess.

T-Mart
Armstrong
AM

These have been the face of the QB room for the past 10 years.
Yep.

If we ever bring in a QB that can make a defense respect their ability to throw, look out -- we might start to improve on offense.

Reactions: RedMyMind
What movement?

You agreed that Wisky/Iowa QBs were of NFL caliber. Petras is as talented or moreso than any Iowa QB we've faced the last 10 years. Surely he would be the NFL talent that would make us markedly better this year.
I 100% would trade qbs with iowa right now

and would've for many of the past 10 years

Reactions: RedMyMind
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT