3. Northwestern 160
4. Minnesota 146
5. Nebraska 91.5
6. Purdue 72.5
7. Illinois 47

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME​

Ohio State over Wisconsin (29)
Ohio State over Iowa (5)
Wow, so if we lose to Illinois it will be bad. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought Nebraska would be at such a low point. I'm still optimistic we win the West though, that's my base case.

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred
If it was ANYONE but Frost, Nebraska fans would be calling for the head coaches head after seeing this ranking. Wasn’t all that long ago fans wouldn’t have fathomed being below the likes of Minnesota and Northwestern. And even a decade ago we would have thought being below Wisky and Iowa would have been crazy most years. Yet here we are.

I hate to say it but I have a hard time arguing with us being ranked behind any of those teams based on our track record the last couple years. That being said I think the gap between Nebraska and the good teams in the West is very very small

I hate to say it but I have a hard time arguing with us being ranked behind any of those teams based on our track record the last couple years. That being said I think the gap between Nebraska and the good teams in the West is very very small
right on. the west is very close. i think NEB finishes 2nd. It wouldn't be that hard to become the perennial big dog in the West. Wisconsin is the only program who occasionally has a really good team. All the rest are just solid programs who are not going to scare anyone. Even Wisconsin can look so average some years. The league is definitely very unbalanced. may become even more so now that Rutgers is recruiting like a blue blood.
Its almost unfair that Ohio st, michigian, penn state, indiana could all potentially win the West division nowadays.
i honestly can't believe more of those coaches are not publicly griping about it

Reactions: artguy68
Using Frost’s own words, he is already the state fair music act. Another year of similar performance will move him to county fair music act.

right on. the west is very close. i think NEB finishes 2nd. It wouldn't be that hard to become the perennial big dog in the West. Wisconsin is the only program who occasionally has a really good team. All the rest are just solid programs who are not going to scare anyone. Even Wisconsin can look so average some years. The league is definitely very unbalanced. may become even more so now that Rutgers is recruiting like a blue blood.
Its almost unfair that Ohio st, michigian, penn state, indiana could all potentially win the West division nowadays.
i honestly can't believe more of those coaches are not publicly griping about it
It likely cannot be put into words how disappointing the Nebraska addition has been to Delaney’s vision for the B1G.

It likely cannot be put into words how disappointing the Nebraska addition has been to Delaney’s vision for the B1G.
Why. Why would anyone in the big 10 give 2 shits less where we finish. Whether big 10 champs, division champs it last in the division. He bought aboard a team with a crazed fan base that will help feed the Big 10 wallet no matter how bad we are. Shit he struck gold with this addition.

Just beat Iowa and make a bowl. My God the team has sucked the past 6 years.
Six years? How about four? We were 9-4 five years ago under Riley. Anyone not take 9-4 this year?

Of course it could be argued we have sucked the last twenty years when a Holiday Bowl win under Bo and Foster Farms Bowl win under Riley qualify as “big wins.”

It’s a critical year in so far as I don’t see much of a path forward if we can’t find some success.
Whatever wheels are left may come off after this season if there’s no major progress.

We’ve been irrelevant for a while, but teetering on the brink of oblivion now.

lets be positive about this season , lets get together and back up the team ,we could go 9-3 or 3-9 . i think we have more talent this year , i have endured worse husker teams like the 1955 team that opened the season with a 6 to 0 loss against hawaii in lincoln. next game i had my ear glued to the radio backing up my huskers. i was later rewarded with 5 national champ teams in my lifetime, GBR

Six years? How about four? We were 9-4 five years ago under Riley. Anyone not take 9-4 this year?

Of course it could be argued we have sucked the last twenty years when a Holiday Bowl win under Bo and Foster Farms Bowl win under Riley qualify as “big wins.”
Riley sucked , he had one year that was ok

Let’s not forget that Nebraska has only finished with a winning record 1 year out of the last 6.

Reactions: jeans1515
lets be positive about this season , lets get together and back up the team ,we could go 9-3 or 3-9 . i think we have more talent this year , i have endured worse husker teams like the 1955 team that opened the season with a 6 to 0 loss against hawaii in lincoln. next game i had my ear glued to the radio backing up my huskers. i was later rewarded with 5 national champ teams in my lifetime, GBR
If shitty play is a precursor to nattys, we're due for a run of about a decade of titles.

The inclusion of Indiana flags your post as lacking historical knowledge.

I don't have a problem with it. Am I happy about it? Oh well it's Scott Frost? No and no. I think it's a case of what have you done for me lately. I think we'll be better than 5. Actually I see us challenging for division champs. If not Coach Frost gets warm for me

Reactions: WHCSC
By the media

BIG TEN EAST​

1. Ohio State (34 first-place votes) 238
2. Penn State 192
3. Indiana 169
4. Michigan 144
5. Maryland 79
6. Rutgers 77.5
7. Michigan State 52.5

BIG TEN WEST​

1. Wisconsin (29 first-place votes) 233 points
2. Iowa (5 first-place votes) 202 points
3. Northwestern 160
4. Minnesota 146
5. Nebraska 91.5
6. Purdue 72.5
7. Illinois 47

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME​

Ohio State over Wisconsin (29)
Ohio State over Iowa (5)
Good' screw being over hyped.

I've seen nothing that would indicate that we will be any better than what has been predicted.

Do I think we have potential? Absolutely but we need to [perform on the field.

By the media

BIG TEN EAST​

1. Ohio State (34 first-place votes) 238
2. Penn State 192
3. Indiana 169
4. Michigan 144
5. Maryland 79
6. Rutgers 77.5
7. Michigan State 52.5

BIG TEN WEST​

1. Wisconsin (29 first-place votes) 233 points
2. Iowa (5 first-place votes) 202 points