ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska needs to learn how to lay down a bunt

stucknks

Athletic Director
Jan 2, 2012
Runners 1st & 2nd and the batter attempts to bunt three times and fouls every pitch off.
What a joke!
Three errors already in the game. Damn.
4-0 N, bottom of six.
Michigan St facility looks like a high school diamond. A real dump!
Only unis I hate. The Ol V-neck pull over.

Last edited:
Runners 1st & 2nd and the batter attempts to bunt three times and fouls every pitch off.
What a joke!
4-0 N, bottom of six.
You should probably pay a little more attention. This is an excellent bunting team.

Yeah, but no excuse. His bunts were not close.
I don't hand out a free pass here. Two on no outs. Put it in play.
Maybe instead of calling out the entire team, recognize that the team in general does well.

Not saying hand out a free pass here, but don’t blame the entire team for one batter’s bad showing at the plate.

Reactions: RiLLLLLLLLey
Isn't this the hey-look-at-me Johnny SuperFan who wags his finger at anyone who dares to complain about Scott Frost?

Maybe Will Bolt needs 9 years to teach his players how to bunt. Why yew gotta whine and complain about it in Year 2???

Reactions: donahues17
Creates thread to complain about 1st place GBR baseball bunting. Says the win was to be expected. Hates on our jerseys. All in the same hour.

I bet you are a joy to catch a game with OP!

Cheers!
You may want to tap the ignore button. I tell it like it is! Always have, always will.

• Haha
Reactions: donahues17
I don't love the "that's baseball" excuse but am willing to give it to a team that's been a machine on offense in most games and looks destined for the NCAA tournament.

Isn't this the hey-look-at-me Johnny SuperFan who wags his finger at anyone who dares to complain about Scott Frost?

Maybe Will Bolt needs 9 years to teach his players how to bunt. Why yew gotta whine and complain about it in Year 2???
You may want to put me in as ignore. I tell it like it is. No playing around here.

You may want to put me in as ignore. I tell it like it is. No playing around here.
So why don't put everyone on ignore who complains about the football program, instead of blowharding about what a fabulous, superior fan you are?

Are those people not telling it like it is?

So why don't put everyone on ignore who complains about the football program, instead of blowharding about what a fabulous, superior fan you are?

Are those people not telling it like it is?
How did this thread go from baseball to football?

How did this thread go from baseball to football?
I just want to know why you're blubbering about one failed bunt attempt, yet you squeal like a stuck pig anytime someone here complains about an underachieving football program.

I don't love the "that's baseball" excuse but am willing to give it to a team that's been a machine on offense in most games and looks destined for the NCAA tournament.
Nebraska Baseball is really on a roll. Hope I'm wrong here but I think we struggle outside the Big10. And if so, thats ok. Just getting started and a Big10 Conference Win will be great!!
We will get there as N lands some more pitching and a couple big studs who are a threat to leave the ballpark each time at bat.

I just want to know why you're blubbering about one failed bunt attempt, yet you squeal like a stuck pig anytime someone here complains about an underachieving football program.
Like I said. You need to take your football bat and go to another thread. I told you!

What a joke!
4-0 N, bottom of six.
The real problem is how often we do bunt. I recall listening to a game earlier this year where we sac bunted with a .350 hitter with nobody out in the first inning.

Only time a sac bunt is ever worth it is late in a game where scratching across one run can be critical.

You may want to tap the ignore button. I tell it like it is! Always have, always will.
You got it bro.
granted-wish-poof.jpg

You should almost never bunt

Losers bunt

Screen-Shot-2019-07-02-at-12.06.44-PM-300x85.png

Tie game in 8th or 9th - runner on 2nd - no outs is the only scenario that it makes any statistical sense

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT