ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska / MSU....

Miles needed to add a grad transfer or 2 for depth before the season. Lack of depth is going to hurt us down the stretch.

Reactions: regionsdoc
5-26 from 3 and everyone had good looks some forced 3’s to beat the clock but all their shoots from 3 looked short tonight..

Nebraska’s next 10 games, we have a chance to make some serious hay. Will we be favored in all these games?

@ Rutgers
vs OSU
vs Wisconsin
@ Illinois
vs Maryland
@ Purdue
vs Minnesota
vs Northwestern
@ Penn State
vs Purdue

Nebraska’s next 10 games, we have a chance to make some serious hay. Will we be favored in all these games?

@ Rutgers
vs OSU
vs Wisconsin
@ Illinois
vs Maryland
@ Purdue
vs Minnesota
vs Northwestern
@ Penn State
vs Purdue

Should be favored for all but @Purdue. Worried about a let down game vs Rutgers. That would hurt.

Miles needed to add a grad transfer or 2 for depth before the season. Lack of depth is going to hurt us down the stretch.

Just where do you think he is picking up a player at this point in the season? You must not watch college sports. There's isn't a mid season trade deadline. lol

This is the dumbest post I’ve seen in awhile. “Disparity of how fouls were called”. The hilarious thing is you’re serious, and I gotta tell you it doesn’t say much for your intelligence.
My point was fouls that occurred that were not called. Even the tv announcers made quite a few comments about contact on shots and no fouls called. We lost, Nebraska was better that night, but officials are so inconsistent

My point was fouls that occurred that were not called. Even the tv announcers made quite a few comments about contact on shots and no fouls called. We lost, Nebraska was better that night, but officials are so inconsistent
That’s basketball officiating on a nightly basis.

Miles didn’t miss 15 3’s straight,ya bone head
in 7 seasons, Tim Miles has only had 4 players shoot better than 40% from 3 point range in a season. Watson, White III, Pitchford, and Evan Taylor. Creighton has 4 different guys at or over 40% from 3 point range this year alone and they have another guy at 39%. At some point you'll realize it's on Miles for not being able to find consistent deep threats in recruiting.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Michigan State's offense averages 85 points. Nebraska played a hell of a game defensively. But man, Miles needs some shooters. I think I've posted that exact sentence 2 years in a row. Huskers played tough despite a poor night shooting.
It baphles me that Mac can find 5 guys a year that can shoot better than 40% from the perimeter and we haven't had 5 in all of Miles' 7 year tenure.

Palmer does a lot of dribbling and shaking without ever going anywhere. The defender just needs to stay put. Finally the last two minutes he drove hard without all the dancing and had a lot of success.

Tom Allen was fantastic.

Never seen a player cheat more than Nick Ward. Constantly hooks, pushes off, lowers shoulder. If he put on a Nebraska jersey, he'd foul out before the anthem ends.

Palmer does a lot of dribbling and shaking without ever going anywhere. The defender just needs to stay put. Finally the last two minutes he drove hard without all the dancing and had a lot of success.

Tom Allen was fantastic.

Never seen a player cheat more than Nick Ward. Constantly hooks, pushes off, lowers shoulder. If he put on a Nebraska jersey, he'd foul out before the anthem ends.

McQuaid is actually a pretty good defender and even though he went 0-6 on offense he did a good job on Palmer

McQuaid is actually a pretty good defender and even though he went 0-6 on offense he did a good job on Palmer

Agreed that he did. I think palmer made it too easy on him tho. MSU played excellent defense. A couple of the reads their players made that got them steals when it looked like we had open guys were very impressive. Well coached for sure.

I think the lack of depth is starting to take its toll on the players. They have played like they have tired legs lately because they’ve been playing so many minutes, especially in the second half. Their jump shots seem like they’re coming up short.

I think the lack of depth is starting to take its toll on the players. They have played like they have tired legs lately because they’ve been playing so many minutes, especially in the second half. Their jump shots seem like they’re coming up short.

Don't get why nana doesnt play at least a little more. Maybe it's because he shoots too many contested 3s. His 2 dunks tonight show me he should be a more versatile player.

in 7 seasons, Tim Miles has only had 4 players shoot better than 40% from 3 point range in a season. Watson, White III, Pitchford, and Evan Taylor. Creighton has 4 different guys at or over 40% from 3 point range this year alone and they have another guy at 39%. At some point you'll realize it's on Miles for not being able to find consistent deep threats in recruiting.

What was the score of the Creighton game again?

14-27 against Creighton from the arch..

Last edited:
Reactions: 9and4
I didn't get to watch any of the first half but I did see us have two three pointers in the second half that were all but in the cylinder before they bounced out and MSU bank a three. Lots of short shots on threes but we need some luck in games like this and we could not make our own breaks. Palmer hasn't looked good in the last three games but somehow he still scores 24. We'll be alright.

I'll tell you Tom Allen was huge tonight. He's become a very consistent player for us, unlike Palmer who you have no idea which Palmer shows up...except he will make a number of bad plays defensively.
IF Allen could have hit a couple of those 3s late in the game, we would have had a good shot to pull it out. He's developed in to a really nice player for us on both ends. Still needs to work on his D, but he's coming along.

Don't get why nana doesnt play at least a little more. Maybe it's because he shoots too many contested 3s. His 2 dunks tonight show me he should be a more versatile player.
Too many wild 3s and inconsistent on D. He's going to get better and I think he'll be a really good player for us next year. Athletic high energy strong kid.

Agreed that he did. I think palmer made it too easy on him tho. MSU played excellent defense. A couple of the reads their players made that got them steals when it looked like we had open guys were very impressive. Well coached for sure.
Palmer could have abused him if we could have figured out a way to get him more space so it wasn't so easy to help on him. Every time Palmer tried to get to the rack 3 guys collapsed on him.

It baphles me that Mac can find 5 guys a year that can shoot better than 40% from the perimeter and we haven't had 5 in all of Miles' 7 year tenure.
You want Mac's players this year? LOL. He's got a couple of decent players but cmon man. NU killed them. BTW, the transfer sitting out right now can score in bunches.

Same thing was happening to Winston, difference was Palmer would try to finish agaisnt those 3, while Winston was finding wide open guys for 3 or right under the basket.
When Palmer did try to pass, he had quite a few turnovers I think. Winston is going to play in the NBA. Palmer I have my doubts about. MSU was bigger and in most cases more athletic than us. We had to make more perimeter shots than them if we were going to win and we didn't.

You want Mac's players this year? LOL. He's got a couple of decent players but cmon man. NU killed them. BTW, the transfer sitting out right now can score in bunches.
I like his teams over the next 3 years a hell of a lot better than ours. Cabinet is bare after this year, Tom Allen is the only returning starter, Roby is NBA bound. It's why I think regardless of whether we make the tourney or not Miles will be bolting for a different gig after this year. Mac's record in his time at CU is 197-102 with a 52% winning percentage in the Big East. Miles is 110-102 with a 42% winning percentage in B1G. Miles is not in the same league as Mac coaching wise and I root against CU every game they play.

I wonder if Minnesota would have interest in Miles? I believe he said Minnesota was his dream job when he first started coaching. If Miles can't win an NCAA tournament game here with this team, he never will.

I wonder if Minnesota would have interest in Miles? I believe he said Minnesota was his dream job when he first started coaching. If Miles can't win an NCAA tournament game here with this team, he never will.

Why the hell would Minnesota want Miles when they have Pitino Jr?

Why the hell would Minnesota want Miles when they have Pitino Jr?

Pitino just lost by 27 to the worst team in the conference. And he's had a lot of issues off the court in the last few years. If he doesn't win an NCAA Tournament game this year, I don't think he will keep his job.

Miles is well-liked in the state from his time at SW Minnesota State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT