ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska-Missouri 1997

zamzman

Senior
Jul 1, 2004
Just finished the replay on BTN. All anyone talks about is the Flea Kicker but what a game! Super effort by Missouri. Corby Jones gave Nebraska fits. Our DL had 3 Missouri kids (Wistrom, Rucker, Warren) but Missouri almost ground out the clock at the end of the 4th. Our team was loaded. Freshman WR Bobby Newcombe. Backup DE Kelsay. Frost and Green ran hard all game long. A few NU turnovers kept Missouri in the game. A Kenny Cheatham sighting in the 4th. Looks like Missouri was spent in the OT.

All I remember from that game was Tommie Frazier coming off the bench with a collapsed lung to throw the winning extra point to Shane Komine for the tie. Epic, and unexpected moment.

• Wow
Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Did Missouri score a TD that wasn't an illegal pick play?
Yes, according to George darlington several years later mizz was running illegal picks all game but the zebras let them play. I also think this was the year mizz watered the field all week long to slow nu down

Reactions: timnsun
Yes, according to George darlington several years later mizz was running illegal picks all game but the zebras let them play. I also think this was the year mizz watered the field all week long to slow nu down

They even watered the field during the game!

Reactions: Baxter48
Best game for me was the last game in the 70 season when OU had 3 Jack Mildren passes broke up in that last minute on our (15 ) ? yardline. The Crowd chanted "were number #1 " first time ever at Memorial . Devaney carried off the field. Was 19 years old that day and had no idea what was about to happen by the time I hit 40. The score that day was 28-21 NU. LSU was next.

Reactions: Baxter48
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT