ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska misapplying TitleIX

Asking institutions to self investigate and police these things is never going to give great results. Not that local police is usually much better either. Not sure there’s a good answer to balance the rights of the accused and the victims, maybe one is less bad?

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Asking institutions to self investigate and police these things is never going to give great results. Not that local police is usually much better either. Not sure there’s a good answer to balance the rights of the accused and the victims, maybe one is less bad?
Innocent men being denied the right to due process is abhorrent and illegal.

I'm all for female sports. I enjoy watching many of them and Huskers have many great female teams. I have 3 daughters that all played high school sports and 1 did very well in college track making it to national finals 3 of her 4 years.

That said, F title 9. It was a good idea. But like many other good ideas it's out dated and needs adjusting and tweaking.

Full disclosure I didn't read the article.

Many have suggested we need to have (high school) half girls games at 8 instead of 6. Ok. So would you rather have a full gym at halftime of the 6 girls game or a half full gym for the 8 o'clock girls game. Guarantee many would leave after the 6 boys game. We won't even get into the cheerleader issue..smaller schools.

Reactions: scarletred
Innocent men being denied the right to due process is abhorrent and illegal.

If Nebraska is truly unfamiliar with the interim measures it should take during a pending sexual harassment investigation to protect innocent women from additional harm, then it deserves to learn the hard way. Their position is a flat embarrassment.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
I'm all for female sports. I enjoy watching many of them and Huskers have many great female teams. I have 3 daughters that all played high school sports and 1 did very well in college track making it to national finals 3 of her 4 years.

That said, F title 9. It was a good idea. But like many other good ideas it's out dated and needs adjusting and tweaking.

Full disclosure I didn't read the article.

Many have suggested we need to have (high school) half girls games at 8 instead of 6. Ok. So would you rather have a full gym at halftime of the 6 girls game or a half full gym for the 8 o'clock girls game. Guarantee many would leave after the 6 boys game. We won't even get into the cheerleader issue..smaller schools.

title IX has more to it than just equal sports and gym time.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Good one. You sound almost as smart as the guy who “didn’t read the article” but felt this thread was going to be about the number of female teams at his high school.
Mostly this comes down to football players LaGrone and Hunt. LaGrone was found not guilty and Hunt pleaded not guilty to a reduced misdemeanor…

Thing I dislike most about title IX was that every gen ed 101 type class I took at UNL had a dedicated section for title IX, talking about why sexual harassment and rape was wrong. I didn't pay a bunch of money for my classes just to learn that rape was wrong, I already knew that from how I was raised to not be a shitty person.

Anyone that didn't already understand that as an 18/19 year old going to college is a lost cause, and a one week section about it in a lecture hall isn't going to suddenly make them a better person.

Mostly this comes down to football players LaGrone and Hunt. LaGrone was found not guilty and Hunt pleaded not guilty to a reduced misdemeanor…
Nope. It comes down to Legrone and Hunt having multiple complaints of sexual misconduct from different women and the school not investigating properly.

Hunt pleaded guilty to a lesser charge he did not plea not guilty.

Reactions: jmliehr

Nope. It only “comes down to football players LaGrone and Hunt” in the sense that they’re 100% the only parties Nebraska football fans care about.

Here, I’ll highlight the important parts for you: “The women stated in the initial lawsuit that the school mishandled complaints of sexual assault and harassment, including reports involving accusations against at least five Nebraska athletes. They also allege that school officials made errors in investigations of some of the women's reports and did not provide academic help in cases in which the incident or resulting trauma interfered with their studies.”

The issue is how the school handles Title IX investigations, including whether it protects women from retaliation in the process. Nebraska’s position - which the DOJ actually had to correct (lol) - includes the notion that women would actually have to endure multiple sexual assaults before it could take action under Title IX.

Good one. You sound almost as smart as the guy who “didn’t read the article” but felt this thread was going to be about the number of female teams at his high school.
I was talking about title 9 in general and that's why I made full disclosure that I didn't read the article and wasn't talking about or referencing anything in the article

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
Nope. It comes down to Legrone and Hunt having multiple complaints of sexual misconduct from different women and the school not investigating properly.

Hunt pleaded guilty to a lesser charge he did not plea not guilty.
I miss typed not…… he pleaded guilty to get a lesser charge my mistake putting not guilty..

If women were kept at home tending to their families, we wouldn't have these kinds of troubles.

(the above is just a statement, not targeted toward anyone, but from a historical point of view when societies and families actually were cohesive)
Riiiiiiiiight. Rape and sexual assault are modern phenomena. Maybe its the yoga pants' fault.

Feminism destroys everything it touches.
Equality not feminism.. Gender is a constitutionally protected class. The US Supreme Court has been very clear about that for decades. Title IX seeks, in part, to enforce that constitutional protection. Asserting a constitutional right is not feminism LOL.

title IX has more to it than just equal sports and gym time.
It does, it might be one of the biggest umbrellas ever created.

Equality not feminism.. Gender is a constitutionally protected class. The US Supreme Court has been very clear about that for decades. Title IX seeks, in part, to enforce that constitutional protection. Asserting a constitutional right is not feminism LOL.
There is no gender anymore. Remember?

Reactions: baseball31ne
Title IX is a ****ing joke. When I was attending UNL, I asked two different girls out in the span of a couple months who happened to live on the same dorm floor. The second girl complained to her RA, and then I had to have a meeting with the residence director threatening I'd be kicked out of the dorm if I talked to any of the girls from that floor due to Title IX.

Title IX is a ****ing joke. When I was attending UNL, I asked two different girls out in the span of a couple months who happened to live on the same dorm floor. The second girl complained to her RA, and then I had to have a meeting with the residence director threatening I'd be kicked out of the dorm if I talked to any of the girls from that floor due to Title IX.
Perhaps you should not have been doing the helicopter with your dickey do when you asked them out.

If women could figure out how to outlaw men they arent interested in from hitting on them it wouldve been in the books 20 years ago. I'm sure some european country will try it soon.

If women could figure out how to outlaw men they arent interested in from hitting on them it wouldve been in the books 20 years ago. I'm sure some european country will try it soon.

Please.. women enjoy being hit on.

Tuco, you feeling low-brow today? Glad we dragged you down to our level 😂.
I’m pretty much always low brow, I tend to draw the line when it comes to male athletes and taking advantage of the average female coed. I know that our first thought is to believe the athlete, especially as sports fans. But my recollection as a college student is that the male athletes were typically dicks when it came to women and much of their actions went unreported.

I seriously doubt the person who simply says hey want to go to a movie, gets reported to the RA. Let alone does a simple date request elevate to a title IX investigation.

I’m pretty much always low brow, I tend to draw the line when it comes to male athletes and taking advantage of the average female coed. I know that our first thought is to believe the athlete, especially as sports fans. But my recollection as a college student is that the male athletes were typically dicks when it came to women and much of their actions went unreported.

I seriously doubt the person who simply says hey want to go to a movie, gets reported to the RA. Let alone does a simple date request elevate to a title IX investigation.
That's where you're wrong. The only thing I left out is I wasn't even interested in the 2nd girl. Just asked her to go out somewhere as friends, and then she complains to the RA that I was asking too many girls out. The only other girl I even asked out I asked to go bowling a couple months prior to that. I don't know if a Title IX investigation actually happened or not, but the residence director did say they had to record the complaint for Title IX purposes and that I could get kicked out of the dorm if there was more complaints. That's literally all there is to the story so how about you quit making dumbass assumptions you know nothing about.

That's where you're wrong. The only thing I left out is I wasn't even interested in the 2nd girl. Just asked her to go out somewhere as friends, and then she complains to the RA that I was asking too many girls out. The only other girl I even asked out I asked to go bowling. I don't know if a Title IX investigation actually happened or not, but the residence director did say they had to record the complaint for Title IX purposes and that I could get kicked out of the dorm if there was more complaints. That's literally all there is to the story so how about you quit making dumbass assumptions you know nothing about.

It is a numbers game.

If women were kept at home tending to their families, we wouldn't have these kinds of troubles.

(the above is just a statement, not targeted toward anyone, but from a historical point of view when societies and families actually were cohesive)
This may be one of the worst posts I've seen.

That's where you're wrong. The only thing I left out is I wasn't even interested in the 2nd girl. Just asked her to go out somewhere as friends, and then she complains to the RA that I was asking too many girls out. The only other girl I even asked out I asked to go bowling a couple months prior to that. I don't know if a Title IX investigation actually happened or not, but the residence director did say they had to record the complaint for Title IX purposes and that I could get kicked out of the dorm if there was more complaints. That's literally all there is to the story so how about you quit making dumbass assumptions you know nothing about.
So you have no idea if a title IX complaint was filed? But Title IX is stupid because 2 chicks turned you down and one reported you for unsuccessfully asking too many women out?

So basically this has nothing to do with Title IX at all. Basically some grad student told you that you could be kicked out of the dorms if more women complained. Pretty much confirmed my assumptions were spot on.

sorry she complained to the RA. I guess.

So you have no idea if a title IX complaint was filed? But Title IX is stupid because 2 chicks turned you down and one reported you for unsuccessfully asking too many women out?

So basically this has nothing to do with Title IX at all. Basically some grad student told you that you could be kicked out of the dorms if more women complained. Pretty much confirmed my assumptions were spot on.

sorry she complained to the RA. I guess.
More dumbass assumptions. How this deals with Title IX is these are the type of incidents that get reported to Title IX. And no I don't think my incident was actually investigated. But then you get these news articles making national news that freak people out about Title IX incidents that don't get investigated. It turns out that the vast majority of Title IX reports are like this one, much ado about nothing. And it gives the university a blackeye when they rightfully shun some of the ridiculous reporting requirements these regulations inspire.

More dumbass assumptions. How this deals with Title IX is these are the type of incidents that get reported to Title IX. And no I don't think my incident was actually investigated. But then you get these news articles making national news that freak people out about Title IX incidents that don't get investigated. It turns out that the vast majority of Title IX reports are like this one, much ado about nothing. And it gives the university a blackeye when they rightfully shun some of the ridiculous reporting requirements these regulations inspire.
Isn't it weird how triggered you got when I didn't believe your little fictional story? You think it's true, I think your full of shit. Oh the irony!

Reactions: rod med fluede
If Nebraska is truly unfamiliar with the interim measures it should take during a pending sexual harassment investigation to protect innocent women from additional harm, then it deserves to learn the hard way. Their position is a flat embarrassment.
Seems like you have some experience with embarrassment.

Riiiiiiiiight. Rape and sexual assault are modern phenomena. Maybe its the yoga pants' fault.
22fjsz.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT