ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska might get kicked out of the Big 10 for wanting to play football

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
we need to contact:

ohio state, michigan, noter dame, bama, georgia, clemson, penn state, texas, okie, southern cal
and kansas
and have a 11 game season

Beating a dead horse on this one by now.

Yes, I realize we don't have much to discuss here any more with the season kabashed. I guess the mods might as well open it up to a politics discussion this year and for sport we can watch that ensuing blood bath. Laughing

Desmond Howard wants NU to President, AD, & Frost to apologize and us out of the Big Ten for wanting to play which I wouldn’t mind if the Big 12 wants to pay NU similar money to the Big 10.

Forward to 1:40 and listen to Mike Wilbon sounding off on Nebraska whining about wanting to play. He said the Big 10 has operated to 116 years most of them successful and Nebraska has been in the Big 10 for 9 years hasn’t done anything and wants NU to leave the Big 10. He’s true In a way, we haven’t done anything in the Big 10 since we moved over. Also Desmond Howard said on Get Up on ESPN - I would demand a public apology from Nebraska, and if I’m Kevin Warren, I’m working on a way to get their ass out of the Big10. They ain’t Notre Dame, baby. They don’t have that cache.”

Forward to 1:40 and listen to Mike Wilbon sounding off on Nebraska whining about wanting to play. He said the Big 10 has operated to 116 years most of them successful and Nebraska has been in the Big 10 for 9 years hasn’t done anything and wants NU to leave the Big 10. He’s true In a way, we haven’t done anything in the Big 10 since we moved over. Also Desmond Howard said on Get Up on ESPN - I would demand a public apology from Nebraska, and if I’m Kevin Warren, I’m working on a way to get their ass out of the Big10. They ain’t Notre Dame, baby. They don’t have that cache.”

Amazing how the national media is 100% united in shaming us for wanting to play football, you know, the thing that EMPLOYS them...Oooo Big 10 has been around for 116 years...have they ever canceled a ***** season??? This is ludicrous what they’re doing to us. THEY’RE demanding apologies, are you kidding me?

b10 conference hands down better conference than b12 .. we are talking academic wise ..but of course that doesnt mean ..........

but for yall to speak lowly of the b10 .. well i am sure 99.99 percent of everyone in that conference would say 'dont let the door hit ya '

records didnt turn out the way husker fans wanted / predicted , especially in football and baseball , but its not the b10's fault

as far as exodus goes, yes there will be quite a few 'stars ' leave the conference so they can play ball this fall
the NCAA and or the respective conferences really need to do the right thing here to try and prevent or at least limit that from happening

terrible decision not to play especailly when others are

Reactions: zamzman
Holy crap, the hand-wringing on this is ridiculous. Nebraska isn’t going anywhere. In a week all of this will be forgotten. Some people (Howard and Wilbon, for starters) need to shut up. Nebraska is whining? Ok... but it sure sounds like Wilbon is whining as well that Nebraska would dare challenge the conference...

Reactions: phoenix4nu
Listen guys, they call the shows those morons are on "hot take" shows for a reason. It's the television version of trolling. Give it 30 seconds, they'll be onto something else. No one cares. And moving from the Big 10 to the Big 12 would be like moving from Beverly Hills to a trailer park because your neighbor said she didn't like the color of your Bentley.

Listen guys, they call the shows those morons are on "hot take" shows for a reason. It's the television version of trolling. Give it 30 seconds, they'll be onto something else. No one cares. And moving from the Big 10 to the Big 12 would be like moving from Beverly Hills to a trailer park because your neighbor said she didn't like the color of your Bentley.

Nailed it!

we need to contact:

ohio state, michigan, noter dame, bama, georgia, clemson, penn state, texas, okie, southern cal
and kansas

Is going 1-10 a better option than waiting until spring? What does that prove and/or accomplish?

If Nebraska is such an irrelevant program believe me they wouldn't be making a fuss over this. People can bitch and moan about the lack of success recently but the fact is we own 10% of the last 50 championships! No matter how you spin it they can't take that away. All programs cycle through down years eventually. We are a unique program and even now after these down years the jealousy runs deep.

There literally isn’t anything to talk about right now with college sports. Everything is speculation. ESPN and their agendas, plus the fact they are losing money hand over fist, enables morons like Desmond Howard to create some kind of controversy so he can justify his existence.

I mean look at Corso, he has been a bumbling clown for 20 years now. Herbe never, never adds substance to a conversation unless you want to hear about Ohio St.

ESPN is a joke.

Reactions: wholeo and bshirt73
If Nebraska is such an irrelevant program believe me they wouldn't be making a fuss over this. People can bitch and moan about the lack of success recently but the fact is we own 10% of the last 50 championships! No matter how you spin it they can't take that away. All programs cycle through down years eventually. We are a unique program and even now after these down years the jealousy runs deep.
Well, 8% if you count the split titles as half.

What’s funny is all these moron mouth pieces will likely be furloughed or outright fired with no football to talk about. What use would they be to networks without games to cover? Not much. They need to shut up and try and find some topics that can keep viewers/listeners interested before they are deemed excess baggage.

Amazing how the national media is 100% united in shaming us for wanting to play football, you know, the thing that EMPLOYS them...Oooo Big 10 has been around for 116 years...have they ever canceled a ***** season??? This is ludicrous what they’re doing to us. THEY’RE demanding apologies, are you kidding me?
This is pretty well the America we live in now. Good is bad. Bad is good. You are attacked for any different viewpoint than what is considered popular opinion.

we need to contact:

and kansas
Could be a zero win season for the Huskers. I’ll pass on that option.

This is pretty well the America we live in now. Good is bad. Bad is good. You are attacked for any different viewpoint than what is considered popular opinion.

It’s ass backwards. I’m saddened more with each passing day how you can easily show people how united the media is in pushing insane narratives that you can find almost ZERO *real* people actually supporting. (Joe Biden for president/Frost needs to apologize) Then before you know it, these useful idiots’ minds have been changed by f***** people in makeup on the f****** television. Trump is garbage too. Most have been divided into 2 idiotic camps and neither has any ability to recognize patterns.

This isn’t new, the national media has always hated Nebraska. I think it’s because of our small population base and not being a major market like other blue bloods. To this day the media still views Nebraska as a state with nothing but a handful of hick farmers and a has-been football program.

Reactions: bshirt73
This isn’t new, the national media has always hated Nebraska. I think it’s because of our small population base and not being a major market like other blue bloods. To this day the media still views Nebraska as a state with nothing but a handful of hick farmers and a has-been football program.
Haven't they seen Carhenge or the Kearney Archway? National media is missing out.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and timnsun
Well I would say good riddance now that the big ten has declared they're a political operation in bed with Soros and have no real interest in football. Everyone should leave except Rutgers Illinois Maryland and northwestern and just let them die. Teams that are serious about football in the pac 12 like Oregon and usc should do likewise. Football could survive on its own. These institutions of lower learning will not. Football funds half their budget for the year

you should be begging to leave the sinking ship that is the big ten

ok replace kansas with a , florida, auburn, or oregon type team......then if we go 11-0 the 95 Huskers will no longer be the greatest team ever...they will be second and the 71 Huskers 3rd

Well I would say good riddance now that the big ten has declared they're a political operation in bed with Soros and have no real interest in football. Everyone should leave except Rutgers Illinois Maryland and northwestern and just let them die. Teams that are serious about football in the pac 12 like Oregon and usc should do likewise. Football could survive on its own. These institutions of lower learning will not. Football funds half their budget for the year

you should be begging to leave the sinking ship that is the big ten
"in bed with Soros"? now that is laughable. Fairly certain that Soros could care less about U.S. college football. Interesting how some people pull out names to broadbrush issues and persons they attack. This so called discourse has gotten very silly, maybe I should say stupid...

Reactions: GILL T
b10 conference hands down better conference than b12 .. we are talking academic wise ..but of course that doesnt mean ..........

but for yall to speak lowly of the b10 .. well i am sure 99.99 percent of everyone in that conference would say 'dont let the door hit ya '

records didnt turn out the way husker fans wanted / predicted , especially in football and baseball , but its not the b10's fault

as far as exodus goes, yes there will be quite a few 'stars ' leave the conference so they can play ball this fall
the NCAA and or the respective conferences really need to do the right thing here to try and prevent or at least limit that from happening

terrible decision not to play especailly when others are
The right thing for any coach to do is to do what's best for the young men he recruited and if that means they want to transfer to a school where they can play this year, then the coach that loves his players will help them do that. Perhaps transferring isn't the best thing for everyone and I trust Scott to help each one of his players to make the best decision for them.

The right thing for any coach to do is to do what's best for the young men he recruited and if that means they want to transfer to a school where they can play this year, then the coach that loves his players will help them do that.
90% of the players want to play. Is Frost supposed to help every last one of them find a landing spot if we don’t play?

I think it’s admirable that a coach might do this, but there is no possible way this can happen, unless most of the players were to walk on wherever they wanted to go. There wouldn’t be scholarships available at most universities.

Reactions: saluno22
90% of the players want to play. Is Frost supposed to help every last one of them find a landing spot if we don’t play?

I think it’s admirable that a coach might do this, but there is no possible way this can happen, unless most of the players were to walk on wherever they wanted to go. There wouldn’t be scholarships available at most universities.
Agreed. And to your point, if they all want to transfer, there just won't be enough spots available to allow every kid to move. So basically, many of them are stuck. Hopefully, Scott has created a culture the kids like being a part of.

ADVERTISEMENT