ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Michigan 11am Kick off on FS1

I think this is the best possible kickoff time for us...Now if we only had a healthy QB

An 11:00 start central time means a noon start in Michigan. And that is a good thing. Michigan fans are not known as the loudest, so an earlier start usually means that the noise level will be even less.

Reactions: husker2612
This is good. Had NU beaten CU this game would have likely been in primetime. Although Michigan lost to Notre Dame already, so maybe not.

An 11:00 start central time means a noon start in Michigan. And that is a good thing. Michigan fans are not known as the loudest, so an earlier start usually means that the noise level will be even less.

I love 11am starts. Just enough time to run to our weekly farmer's market to grab something to snack on, unfurl the flag and settle in for a 9:00 am West Coast starting time. Gives me enough time to go play golf afterwards.

I prefer 2:30 games but I like the idea of playing Michigan early in the day instead of at night..
This. I like mid afternoon games too. Best time for the players, for fans (time to party before game and time to commute home after), and for getting recruits here.
But in a road game I prefer early. Crowd is more subdued and the team can get home sooner.

This is killing my tailgate party I had planned at my house, so it really pisses me off. I never once thought this game would be an 11 o clock game.

I do agree though the silver lining is it is probably best for Nebraska. We will just have to help the party going after the big win.

Not if both would have been unbeaten.

Why: All Time wins
Michigan-944
Nebraska 893
Wisconsin-699
Iowa-644
Respectfully disagree. Not a factor imo- the favorite and perceived top challenger in the West in 2018(and the last many years) trump history and question marks in this specific season.

The excitement we (my Lincoln) have as fans and living on the prairie doesn’t translate elsewhere just yet.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Respectfully disagree. Not a factor imo- the favorite and perceived top challenger in the West in 2018(and the last many years) trump history and question marks in this specific season.

The excitement we (my Lincoln) have as fans and living on the prairie doesn’t translate elsewhere just yet.
I also respectfully disagree with you. An undefeated Nebraska vs. an undefeated Michigan - two of the winningest all time programs in history - Scott Frost vs. Jim Harbaugh at the Big House with both teams being ranked (NU would likely be in the Top 25 if they were unbeaten) would absolutely get the primetime nod over Wisconsin-Iowa.

And that's no disrespect to those schools. It's a simple ratings decision. More eyes across the country would be on TVs/devices to watch NU-UM than Wisky-Iowa in that situation.

Wisconsin-Iowa is more regional. Nebraska-Michigan would have more national appeal if they were both undefeated. Yes, names matter.

I also respectfully disagree with you. An undefeated Nebraska vs. an undefeated Michigan - two of the winningest all time programs in history - Scott Frost vs. Jim Harbaugh at the Big House with both teams being ranked (NU would likely be in the Top 25 if they were unbeaten) would absolutely get the primetime nod over Wisconsin-Iowa.

And that's no disrespect to those schools. It's a simple ratings decision. More eyes across the country would be on TVs/devices to watch NU-UM than Wisky-Iowa in that situation.

Wisconsin-Iowa is more regional. Nebraska-Michigan would have more national appeal if they were both undefeated. Yes, names matter.

Completely agreed there...but in this case...it may still get more National appeal over the Iowa vs Wisconsin game. Those two teams playing already sounds boring to me ;)

Reactions: H8FULLGR8

I understand the perspective. At this point in time the bloom has faded in national appeal arguments until its earned back. I know that’s not nessesarily what we think here. But, it’s the reality outside of our ‘region’.

What’s real in 2018 is Wisky is a perceived playoff contender and top 5. Iowa has a ‘mystique’ at home(real or perceived) with pub for taking down rated teams in IC. That makes good TV on a large scale.

There is a reason BIG Fox picked Wisky-Iowa THIS YEAR, weeks ago, while we got selected by high numbered cable, little Fox(FS1). Iowa Wisconsin has been on ABC many, many times over the past decades, and this isn’t the first time in a primtime or 2:30 slot. Until our B1G days, most of us just didn’t pay attention to either of them.

Does time really matter? Not really. Fox tipped its hat in this argument when they picked the OTHER game over us, and assigned their top broadcast team to that game.Heck, people like my elderly aunt(no cable/dish) will get the Huskers on the radio, while getting to watch the other game with her rabbit ears (if she can stay awake that late).

That’s the way I see it while trying to be rational rather than emotional.

Anyway, enough key strokes for this inconsequential opinion. I’m glad they don’t kick off at the same time.

Sorry, no. Wisconsin is #6 in the country going into the same stadium that tOSU got shelled last year. #19 Michigan vs unranked Nebraska would not have beaten it out.

We had this discussion in a thread in July but I think it’s worth saying again. I think Nebraska fans grossly underestimate Iowa’s draw. I linked to a ratings website and Iowa has been involved in some huge rated games. Iowa/Wisconsin is usually highly rated. The Hawks have been out viewing Nebraska games for the last half decade.

With that said, the last time Nebraska/Michigan played, it was highly rated so your point on this game getting views is correct. But Iowa is no slouch when it comes to getting eye balls. Especially against top 5 teams on prime time.

Reactions: 9and4
I love 11am starts. Just enough time to run to our weekly farmer's market to grab something to snack on, unfurl the flag and settle in for a 9:00 am West Coast starting time. Gives me enough time to go play golf afterwards.

I'm with you on the 11am start time for games. It's just hard sometimes to sit around and wait for a 7pm game (for me at least). I even felt that way when I was young and liked to party.

Reactions: SOHusker11
We had this discussion in a thread in July but I think it’s worth saying again. I think Nebraska fans grossly underestimate Iowa’s draw. I linked to a ratings website and Iowa has been involved in some huge rated games. Iowa/Wisconsin is usually highly rated. The Hawks have been out viewing Nebraska games for the last half decade.

With that said, the last time Nebraska/Michigan played, it was highly rated so your point on this game getting views is correct. But Iowa is no slouch when it comes to getting eye balls. Especially against top 5 teams on prime time.
Why would you care what Husker fans, on their own board, think about iowa. Jeezus, your obsession with Nebraska is pathetic. The way you beg for attention and approval on here is just plain sad. You're like a crazy-assed stalker, just mention iowa and he comes runnin. Seriously, get a life.

Why would you care what Husker fans, on their own board, think about iowa. Jeezus, your obsession with Nebraska is pathetic. The way you beg for attention and approval on here is just plain sad. You're like a crazy-assed stalker, just mention iowa and he comes runnin. Seriously, get a life.

I think he is actually being cool about it, and yes sometimes I think we do underestimate the rating that Iowa draws. Personally I feel if we were 2-0 and Michigan beats ND, we might be in that slot, but you never know. That Wisky/Iowa game will be a good game, and Kinnick at night is rough. I don't think Wisconsin is as good as in years past, and so Iowa could definitely win and could win big. Will be a fun game to watch.

I think he is actually being cool about it, and yes sometimes I think we do underestimate the rating that Iowa draws. Personally I feel if we were 2-0 and Michigan beats ND, we might be in that slot, but you never know. That Wisky/Iowa game will be a good game, and Kinnick at night is rough. I don't think Wisconsin is as good as in years past, and so Iowa could definitely win and could win big. Will be a fun game to watch.
I agree. SW has been civil and hasn't stirred the pot lately.

He’s one of the good Hawkeye fans so yes he was cool about it.

Last season Iowa/Wisconsin was not a good game, but it was fun to watch. I expect more of the same from that game this season.

IMO, if Nebraska and Michigan were undefeated they would be playing at night. I love having Nebraska in the BIG and I believe you guys got your guy! I have nothing but respect for your program! Good luck this year and beat Meatchicken!

Last edited:
Sorry, no. Wisconsin is #6 in the country going into the same stadium that tOSU got shelled last year. #19 Michigan vs unranked Nebraska would not have beaten it out.

What team are you fan of my friend?? I seen you called some people out in a recent post. So I payed attention to all you recent activities and I have seen you been very anti Husker in almost every think you post about or respond too. You disliked the Husker fans complaining to each other, on a Husker board about the dirty douche bag player number 44 from Colorado, you have no problems predicting us to lose every game that gives us a run, you don’t think the Huskers should be getting the National attention since we are unranked and playing an unranked Michigan team...and so on. I believe your true colors are starting to show my man...now real talk. What team are you REALLY a fan of. Enough trolling and time to man up.

Last season Iowa/Wisconsin was not a good game, but it was fun to watch. I expect more of the same from that game this season.
It was a splitting image of the Nebraska/Wisconsin game. Close game with Wisconsin running away with it late. The scores even ended up being almost the same. A final score that was pretty abnormal for an Iowa/Wisconsin game. I expect the game next week will be as close as normal. Pretty excited about it.

What team are you fan of my friend?? I seen you called some people out in a recent post. So I payed attention to all you recent activities and I have seen you been very anti Husker in almost every think you post about or respond too. You disliked the Husker fans complaining to each other, on a Husker board about the dirty douche bag player number 44 from Colorado, you have no problems predicting us to lose every game that gives us a run, you don’t think the Huskers should be getting the National attention since we are unranked and playing an unranked Michigan team...and so on. I believe your true colors are starting to show my man...now real talk. What team are you REALLY a fan of. Enough trolling and time to man up.
I don’t think two unranked teams would get national attention. Do you think folks in Nebraska and Michigan want to watch FSU vs NC State or something like that this year, not very likely.

You don't tug on Superman"s cape, You don't spit in the wind, You don't pull the mask of the Ole Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Cornicator.

Nice knowing you

I think it’s hysterical that you can’t figure it out.

You don't tug on Superman"s cape, You don't spit in the wind, You don't pull the mask of the Ole Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Cornicator.

Nice knowing you
He’s gonna ban me for staying his post was ironic imo? Whatever, that seems pretty mild but if it happens it happens I guess.

It was a splitting image of the Nebraska/Wisconsin game. Close game with Wisconsin running away with it late. The scores even ended up being almost the same. A final score that was pretty abnormal for an Iowa/Wisconsin game. I expect the game next week will be as close as normal. Pretty excited about it.
We weren’t watching the same Wisconsin vs. Iowa game if this is truly your view, I’ll post the stat line for you. Probably you’re just trolling with that nonsense. I know Iowa fan hates stats and facts, but stats and facts don’t lie. Cut and paste didn’t turn out too good, here are the highlights Iowa - 5 first downs, 0 3rd down conversions and 66 total yards.
BTW the term is “spitting image.”
Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 5 18
3rd down efficiency 0-13 5-13
4th down efficiency 1-1 0-0
Total Yards 66 382
Passing 41 135
Comp-Att 8-24 11-18
Yards per pass 1.7 7.5

Interceptions thrown 1 3