ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Men’s sports...

tenor.gif

Nebraska men's sports is at a current all-time low. Sugar coat it all you want, but that is a fact. Football, baseball, basketball. Say it like it is and move the hell on. Will it improve? Who knows? I hope so, but I am getting sick of hope.

the Pelini, Miles and Erstad hires were a disaster

damn that Eichorst
Osborne hired Miles, and in seven seasons Tim twice led the team to winning conference seasons: 11-7 in 2014 and 13-5 in 2018. That .722 winning percentage in 2018 was the highest conference winning percentage since the 1949 Huskers went 9-3 (.750) in the Big Seven.

For context:
  • Sadler: six seasons, zero winning conference seasons
  • Collier: six seasons, zero winning conference seasons
  • Nee: 14 seasons, four winning conference seasons
In other words, Tim posted the same ratio of winning conference seasons as Danny Nee, considered by many to be Nebraska's most successful basketball coach ever.

I am ecstatic that Fred Hoiberg is now our coach. But to call Miles' tenure here a "disaster," given the historic futility of the program, is a bit hyperbolic.

I wouldnt say the Pelini hire was a disaster. He at least got them to a couple conference championship games and won the 9 game standard. It was his attitude toward the end that screwed him.

Pelini is the best coach we've had in 20 years as well.

That should give you an idea how feeble Nebraska Football has been over the last 20 years. BTW, the 2000 and 2001 seasons were better than anything Bo did as head coach.

Reactions: scarletred
Football 5-7
Basketball. 7-23
Baseball. 2-7
Combined. 14-37

is there any d-1 school with a worse combined record?

Edit. After a search I can find no school that plays BCS football that has a worse combined record of the three sports. UMass Is 15-32

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT