ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska has informed UCF they want Frost

Wouldn't be surprised they give him. 250,000 for a division title and 350,000 for a Conference Champions.
500,000 for playoff and national champs...

Something similar I may be a high of those numbers but you get the general idea.
Yes. Since we are all going with our "gut," Frost takes mid 4 mill base to start (he's getting paid very well, but not bending us over, entirely) with rich incentives in the contract and a massive buyout.

Actually a credible source, not just I heard it from a friend. Also, wouldn't this mean the schools are talking buyout terms? They didn't just say asking permission to talk to him.
first you get permission to interview and then you talk buyouts with UCF.

That's my point, they didn't request permission to talk with him. They said they want him.
I guess I listened to the interview and my take is yes they want him but they need to or at least it's common to ask their AD for permission to officially talk to him. Schools frown on other schools contacting their coach in person during the season about a job opening. I don't know that there's legal precedent but it's a common courtesy. No doubt we've already been talking to his agent. I take this report as, okay we're serious now and we will for sure have an opening and we want our guy locked up so 10 minutes after UCF plays there last game of the regular season/conference championship we can announce him as our new coach. Signed sealed and delivered.

I guess I listened to the interview and my take is yes they want him but they need to or at least it's common to ask their AD for permission to officially talk to him. Schools frown on other schools contacting their coach in person during the season about a job opening. I don't know that there's legal precedent but it's a common courtesy. No doubt we've already been talking to his agent. I take this report as, okay we're serious now and we will for sure have an opening and we want our guy locked up so 10 minutes after UCF plays there last game of the regular season/conference championship we can announce him as our new coach. Signed sealed and delivered.
This. Yep

Reactions: HuskerDana
Reactions: TwinsRRUs
I hope they're working on a plan B unless they already know from his agent (or a close friendWinking) that he would accept the job if offered.
Ha. Wouldn't we all just shit our britches at this point if this whole Frost thing fell apart?
I don't want that to happen, obviously, but it would be great entertainment for a few days

Thank you, Jesus

tumblr_lyzroz0LPP1qb73tpo1_400.gif

Can anyone see Sumlin to Tennessee?
People down south say the memphis coach, but that seems like the same type of deal/issue that florida would have to get Frost. No big time program wants to go to another smaller school in the same state to get anything they have because they feel so much better than that. So mullen, bielema, or sumlin would be obvious people of interest, but they could go for a coordinator somewhere like clemson. Of course they are shooting for the moon right now (gruden etc), but who do you see at these other programs once they get rid of their coaches?

There is a reason why you haven't fired Mike Riley yet. Frost maybe going to Nebraska but it won't be next year.

There is a reason why you haven't fired Mike Riley yet. Frost maybe going to Nebraska but it won't be next year.

Could be. Could also be that we have our coach locked up and firing Riley now accomplishes nothing.

Everyone has an opinion.

You may be right that Frost isn't coming to Nebraska, but I don't think that is why we haven't fired Riley. IMO, it doesn't make any sense to fire Riley now, unless you have an out of work coach (like Chip Kelly) lined up to start recruiting now.

Unlike some areas of this country. A man’s beliefs and his word still means something. Moos said when he was hired he didn’t fire coaches mid season unless it was because of a rules violation. If he said that then turned around and fired him after Minnesota, a great portion of this fan base would lose all respect for him (he might do well with the online community here).

Reactions: StrongArm517
The back to back NW and MN losses sealed things for STBFHCMR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT