ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska get a grip on reality

And how do you get dicked around?

Do you mean like.. if you would have played any big ten team you played in 1994, and then the next week.. instead of getting a bye week against Baylor your option QB is like “last week we won but it hurt, this weeks opponent is hitting just as hard as Ohio State did last week”?

If “dicked around” means you’re in a conference with few if any virtual bye weeks and consequently there’s nowhere to run and hide? Yes you’re being dicked around

Boise State fans also fail to understand this “oh we beat Oregon! Yes! ... oh you mean this week we don’t play Utah State we play Minnesota? That blows.”
Every single one of your posts are dumber than the next. A truly amazing feat.

Every single one of your posts are dumber than the next. A truly amazing feat.

Says the guy who is like “the big ten doesn’t care about Sandusky and nassar but they do think That the real scandal is Nebraska trying to play football.”

Do you mean like.. if you would have played any big ten team you played in 1994, and then the next week.. instead of getting a bye week against Baylor your option QB is like “last week we won but it hurt, this weeks opponent is hitting just as hard as Ohio State did last week”?

If “dicked around” means you’re in a conference with few if any virtual bye weeks and consequently there’s nowhere to run and hide? Yes you’re being dicked around

Boise State fans also fail to understand this “oh we beat Oregon! Yes! ... oh you mean this week we don’t play Utah State we play Minnesota? That blows.”

Along the same train of thought, cold is with the monkey's ears and toes. Cats dogs, and babies, it's Tuesday! Travel trips taken away go home. Friends are baskets and hats. Wishes are hopping and trees are west. Brushing liked to tutu dark's direction. TV shows on radio are lazy. Food is sitting while the weather is flying.

Along the same train of thought, cold is with the monkey's ears and toes. Cats dogs, and babies, it's Tuesday! Travel trips taken away go home. Friends are baskets and hats. Wishes are hopping and trees are west. Brushing liked to tutu dark's direction. TV shows on radio are lazy. Food is sitting while the weather is flying.

You’re not getting hosed because you have to play a tough conference schedule

For me it’s mostly F*ck Wisconsin and all of their fans!

Iowa is mildly annoying and I’m indifferent to pretty much everyone else. I do have respect for the Ohio State program.
I can pretty much agree to all that. My 2nd cousin is Parker Hesse, former D-End at Iow a couple years back. So with the exception of my family, pretty much despise all other Iowa fans.

WTF are you talking about?? The B1G was terrible in the 90s. Also, you may want to look at Devaney, TO and Solich/Pelini’s record vs the B1G. Dominated!!

WTF are you talking about?? The B1G was terrible in the 90s. Also, you may want to look at Devaney, TO and Solich/Pelini’s record vs the B1G. Dominated!!

My point is that they rarely If ever played two big ten teams in a row..

Haven’t you lost enough games to subpar programs in the last years to understand what I’m talking about?

Haven’t you lost enough games to subpar programs in the last years to understand what I’m talking about?
Your point is incredibly stupid… You are here lecturing us that Nebraska in the 90s would not have won stuff if they played in the Big Ten. There’s nothing more idiotic than that…

At first I thought you were just trolling, but it has become obvious, you really are this stupid. He is saying Nebraska played in a better conference than the Big 10 and dominated Big Ten teams head to head. That wouldn’t magically change because another crappy Big Ten trotted out there again the next week.

Your point is incredibly stupid… You are here lecturing us that Nebraska in the 90s would not have won stuff if they played in the Big Ten. There’s nothing more idiotic than that…

It would have been comical. People think OSU is dominating the BIG right now, Nebraska in the 90s would have been on cruise control and would have destroyed those programs. Just look at Mich St and even BIG Champs Northwestern against a Solich coached team.....laughable

At first I thought you were just trolling, but it has become obvious, you really are this stupid. He is saying Nebraska played in a better conference than the Big 10 and dominated Big Ten teams head to head. That wouldn’t magically change because another crappy Big Ten trotted out there again the next week.

Well, that is complete bullshit. It would have been alot of skull dragging and Big Ten championships. So much winning!

Reactions: headcard
It would have been comical. People think OSU is dominating the BIG right now, Nebraska in the 90s would have been on cruise control and would have destroyed those programs. Just look at Mich St and even BIG Champs Northwestern against a Solich coached team.....laughable

The 90's teams were just so dominant. It was a machine. Should have won it in 93 and 99, also.

I think Nebraska should absolutely stay in the Big Ten and that the conference should be proud to have them. This year has unfortunately seen fit to expose all the potential weaknesses in the marriage, but that doesn't mean that both sides shouldn't continue to work like hell to make it work.
Posters that claim Nebraska's championships in the '90s were unearned are completely uninformed. Those were dominant teams that would have only really been challenged by OSU and Michigan. And they would likely have rolled my beloved 'Cats, even in the magical 1995 year. Likewise, posters that claim the B1G is out to marginalize Nebraska are similarly uninformed. I think the vast majority of the conference leadership realizes the importance of the Huskers and would vote again to admit them, without hesitation. The schools in the B1G are not nearly as homogeneous as those in the SEC (politically, culturally, demographically), but Nebraska is also not an outlier. My hope is that the passage of time will mend the fences and both sides can get back to healthy respect and competition.
Another sad result of this disastrous 2020 is that our group of Northwestern fans cannot host our Nebraska friends again this year at our Ryan Field tailgate. Since 2012, we've had the privilege to get to know a truly remarkable group of Nebraska fans and welcome them to Evanston. They, in turn, host us in Lincoln and treat us to some of the finest hospitality and graciousness that I've ever experienced. Husker Power, you belong in the B1G!!!

I think Nebraska should absolutely stay in the Big Ten and that the conference should be proud to have them. This year has unfortunately seen fit to expose all the potential weaknesses in the marriage, but that doesn't mean that both sides shouldn't continue to work like hell to make it work.
Posters that claim Nebraska's championships in the '90s were unearned are completely uninformed. Those were dominant teams that would have only really been challenged by OSU and Michigan. And they would likely have rolled my beloved 'Cats, even in the magical 1995 year. Likewise, posters that claim the B1G is out to marginalize Nebraska are similarly uninformed. I think the vast majority of the conference leadership realizes the importance of the Huskers and would vote again to admit them, without hesitation. The schools in the B1G are not nearly as homogeneous as those in the SEC (politically, culturally, demographically), but Nebraska is also not an outlier. My hope is that the passage of time will mend the fences and both sides can get back to healthy respect and competition.
Another sad result of this disastrous 2020 is that our group of Northwestern fans cannot host our Nebraska friends again this year at our Ryan Field tailgate. Since 2012, we've had the privilege to get to know a truly remarkable group of Nebraska fans and welcome them to Evanston. They, in turn, host us in Lincoln and treat us to some of the finest hospitality and graciousness that I've ever experienced. Husker Power, you belong in the B1G!!!

You guys are about the only ones I like anymore. I think it has alot to do with your head coach. It's an honest approach to a game.

It isn't political. It shouldn't be conflated with political struggle. We just love Husker football and we won't get better without playing. The national media has been exceptionally strident against our wishes to play, and it is laughable. But we can handle it. Nebraska isn't leaving.

I think we would have beaten Wisconsin, but I'll be chewing on my nails against you guys and Purdue. I hope your QB doesnt run.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
You guys are about the only ones I like anymore. I think it has alot to do with your head coach. It's an honest approach to a game.

It isn't political. It shouldn't be conflated with political struggle. We just love Husker football and we won't get better without playing. The national media has been exceptionally strident against our wishes to play, and it is laughable. But we can handle it. Nebraska isn't leaving.

I think we would have beaten Wisconsin, but I'll be chewing on my nails against you guys and Purdue. I hope your QB doesnt run.
Yep. For example -- Guaranteed if Fitz had a couple key players out, his first reflex would NOT be "how can I game this situation so as to not have to play this weekend".

Based on what I've seen, he'd tell his guys "next man up, this is why we all practice every week", his defense would carry the water for the team that week, and his third string QB would go light someone up at a key moment.

You guys moan and groan about leaving the Big Ten because you think the conference doesn’t like you or has it out for you etc etc. We’ve heard the same thing from Penn State fans for almost 30 years now. Although Penn State has been much more competitive and has been a top three or four team collectively in the conference for that period of time. The fact of the matter is as a Fanbase you’re used to winning championships and being dominant. Outside of this century you have a wonderful tradition and one of the blue bloods of college football in the 20th century. But the simple fact of the matter is you’ve been average at best for the last 20 years and therefore you don’t get the same type of respect and good words from the press and the media and from fans around the country and so you don’t like that. So what do you Do? You use the conference and its leadership and the other fans as your scapegoat. Tiresome. Get back to winning championships once in a while and vying for a national title a couple times every decade and you watch all this nonsense goes away. Good luck the rest of your season. - 10 Pt Buck
Don't you have your own playground to creep around ?

You guys moan and groan about leaving the Big Ten because you think the conference doesn’t like you or has it out for you etc etc. We’ve heard the same thing from Penn State fans for almost 30 years now. Although Penn State has been much more competitive and has been a top three or four team collectively in the conference for that period of time. The fact of the matter is as a Fanbase you’re used to winning championships and being dominant. Outside of this century you have a wonderful tradition and one of the blue bloods of college football in the 20th century. But the simple fact of the matter is you’ve been average at best for the last 20 years and therefore you don’t get the same type of respect and good words from the press and the media and from fans around the country and so you don’t like that. So what do you Do? You use the conference and its leadership and the other fans as your scapegoat. Tiresome. Get back to winning championships once in a while and vying for a national title a couple times every decade and you watch all this nonsense goes away. Good luck the rest of your season. - 10 Pt Buck
First Husker Game 1962. Involved since. Well Stated Post.

you are correct TO had a great record against the big ten - but he generally played weak big ten opponents - Indiana and Minnesota were played the most

TO only played against a big ten opponent who ended the season ranked at years end twice -- He was 0-2 in those games

1981 - lost to Iowa who ended up ranked 15th in the nation (Neb finished 9th) -

1985 - lost to Michigan in the Fiesta bowl - both were top 10 teams going into that game

Last edited:
you are correct TO had a great record against the big ten - but he generally played weak big ten opponents - Indiana and Minnesota were played the most

TO only played against a big ten opponent who ended the season ranked at years end twice -- He was 0-2 in those games

1981 - lost to Iowa who ended up ranked 15th in the nation (Neb finished 9th) -

1985 - lost to Michigan in the Fiesta bowl - both were top 10 teams going into that game
Good point. It’s not enough to trash nebraska football in general and Scott Frost specifically, time to trash the greatest coach in our history as well.

Way to not disappoint.

Good point. It’s not enough to trash nebraska football in general and Scott Frost specifically, time to trash the greatest coach in our history as well.

Way to not disappoint.

TO was one of the greatest coaches in college football history -nothing I posted disputes that

I don't know why you find mere facts so uncomfortable

the statement was made that TO dominated the big ten - while that is 100% true, a deeper dive reveals that in the limited times he competed against a top big ten team when he had a top big 8 team - he was not dominant - he was 0-2

sorry but that is pure objective data - limited sample size - but to say he would have dominated against the top teams in the big ten is pure speculative and not supported, in fact it is refuted, by the very limited data available

TO was one of the greatest coaches in college football history -nothing I posted disputes that

I don't know why you find mere facts so uncomfortable

the statement was made that TO dominated the big ten - while that is 100% true, a deeper dive reveals that in the limited times he competed against a top big ten team when he had a top big 8 team - he was not dominant - he was 0-2

sorry but that is pure objective data - limited sample size - but to say he would have dominated against the top teams in the big ten is pure speculative and not supported, in fact it is refuted, by the very limited data available
It doesn’t make me uncomfortable at all. If anyone is going to use facts to paint a worse picture, it’s you. 100% of the time.

Surely you can see this, can’t you? You’ve devolved from a generally decent poster into a guy who only posts things that make the huskers look worse. And call it “objective data”. Do you truly believe Osborne wouldn’t have won championships in the B1G? Even national championships? I doubt that you do. But in an effort to piss off the board you use this objective data to grotesquely spin it for your own pleasure I guess.

It’s sad what you have become.

It doesn’t make me uncomfortable at all. If anyone is going to use facts to paint a worse picture, it’s you. 100% of the time.

Surely you can see this, can’t you? You’ve devolved from a generally decent poster into a guy who only posts things that make the huskers look worse. And call it “objective data”. Do you truly believe Osborne wouldn’t have won championships in the B1G? Even national championships? I doubt that you do. But in an effort to piss off the board you use this objective data to grotesquely spin it for your own pleasure I guess.

It’s sad what you have become.

facts don't paint a better or worse picture -- they paint the picture
of course he could have won national titles playing in the big ten

I suspect his record in the big ten would have been similar to his career record - he would have likely dominated the lower tier teams in the league and struggled against the elite/top 10 teams

TO had a 18-34 record (0.346 winning percentage) against teams that finished the season in the top 10

during his 25 years - the big ten had 37 teams that finished the season ranked in the AP top 10

a 0.346 winning percent would have yielded a 12-25 or 13-24 record in those big ten games

Last edited:

I suspect his record in the big ten would have been similar to his career record - he would have likely dominated the lower tier teams in the league and struggled against the elite/top 10 teams

TO had a 18-34 record (0.346 winning percentage) against teams that finished the season in the top 10

during his 25 years - the big ten had 36 teams that finished the season ranked in the AP top 10

a 0.346 winning percent would have yielded a 12-24 or 13-23 record in those big ten games
And like I said, you take great pleasure posting this stuff. Just to get under the skin of others on this board. I can think of no other reason you choose to do this all the time.

That, or you’re a troll.

during his 25 years - the big ten had 36 teams that finished the season ranked in the AP top 10

a 0.346 winning percent would have yielded a 12-24 or 13-23 record in those big ten games

Omaha World Herald disagrees with this..

14. Osborne won 92.6 percent of his games against top10 teams.

And like I said, you take great pleasure posting this stuff. Just to get under the skin of others on this board. I can think of no other reason you choose to do this all the time.

not all ... there was speculation earlier in the thread about how Nebraska and TO specifically would have faired had they played in the big ten all along ... intriguing question -- just looking at the data available

as noted above - TO had a 0.346 winning percentage against teams that finished the season in the top 10

during TO's 25 years - he played 20 teams in the big 8/12 that finished the season in the top 10
during that same time the big ten had 37 teams that finished in the AP top 10

would TO have faired as well and won as many conf titles in the big ten as he did in the big 8/12? -- speculative, but at least the available data suggest he might not given that he would have likely played a tougher schedule featuring more top 10 teams -- certainly he wouldn't likely have had more success

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT