ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska get a grip on reality

10 Point Buck

May 29, 2001
You guys moan and groan about leaving the Big Ten because you think the conference doesn’t like you or has it out for you etc etc. We’ve heard the same thing from Penn State fans for almost 30 years now. Although Penn State has been much more competitive and has been a top three or four team collectively in the conference for that period of time. The fact of the matter is as a Fanbase you’re used to winning championships and being dominant. Outside of this century you have a wonderful tradition and one of the blue bloods of college football in the 20th century. But the simple fact of the matter is you’ve been average at best for the last 20 years and therefore you don’t get the same type of respect and good words from the press and the media and from fans around the country and so you don’t like that. So what do you Do? You use the conference and its leadership and the other fans as your scapegoat. Tiresome. Get back to winning championships once in a while and vying for a national title a couple times every decade and you watch all this nonsense goes away. Good luck the rest of your season. - 10 Pt Buck

You guys moan and groan about leaving the Big Ten because you think the conference doesn’t like you or has it out for you etc etc. We’ve heard the same thing from Penn State fans for almost 30 years now. Although Penn State has been much more competitive and has been a top three or four team collectively in the conference for that period of time. The fact of the matter is as a Fanbase you’re used to winning championships and being dominant. Outside of this century you have a wonderful tradition and one of the blue bloods of college football in the 20th century. But the simple fact of the matter is you’ve been average at best for the last 20 years and therefore you don’t get the same type of respect and good words from the press and the media and from fans around the country and so you don’t like that. So what do you Do? You use the conference and its leadership and the other fans as your scapegoat. Tiresome. Get back to winning championships once in a while and vying for a national title a couple times every decade and you watch all this nonsense goes away. Good luck the rest of your season. - 10 Pt IQ.
Get lost. And I fixed the end of your rant for you. You're welcome.

Let's see...we openly gripe about the Big 10 shutting down football and everybody calls us out as whiny. Two months later and two months too late, who was right all along?

Easy to call us out when we have been the ones getting screwed. Wait til your season gets impacted and we will see who is complaining then.

When was the last time Penn State won a national title? And how many B1G titles have they won in their 27 years in the conference? Two? Three? How many top ten finishes have they had in that time? 5 or 6? And how many piss poor years did they have with records like 5-7 and 6-6 during Paterno's last decade? So don't use them as an example of excellence.

You guys moan and groan about leaving the Big Ten because you think the conference doesn’t like you or has it out for you etc etc. We’ve heard the same thing from Penn State fans for almost 30 years now. Although Penn State has been much more competitive and has been a top three or four team collectively in the conference for that period of time. The fact of the matter is as a Fanbase you’re used to winning championships and being dominant. Outside of this century you have a wonderful tradition and one of the blue bloods of college football in the 20th century. But the simple fact of the matter is you’ve been average at best for the last 20 years and therefore you don’t get the same type of respect and good words from the press and the media and from fans around the country and so you don’t like that. So what do you Do? You use the conference and its leadership and the other fans as your scapegoat. Tiresome. Get back to winning championships once in a while and vying for a national title a couple times every decade and you watch all this nonsense goes away. Good luck the rest of your season. - 10 Pt Buck
I'll tell you what. Lets empty the state of Ohio of all but 1.8 million of it's citizens, and next we will change Ohio's border states to Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Kansas. Given this scenario, exactly how long do you think Ohio State football would stay relevant?

Oh and it's awfully strange when the "bad boy" of the conference is the team that has the audacity to want to play a football game each Saturday. Don't even tell me about this is what Nebraska and everyone agreed to. After brilliantly cancelling the season, the Big Ten office said this decision is FINAL and will not be revisited...so much for that bold statement. Now there is talk that the rule everyone agreed to that there will be a 21 day hiatus for any player that tests positive will be rescinded, because it might ruin Wisconsin's season. If that rule gets rescinded after denying Nebraska a chance to play a football game tomorrow, then the Big 10 has lost the little bit of credibility it has left.

Last edited:
So maybe if Penn State has been saying for 30 years and Nebraska has been saying for 10 years.... It might be true.

Losers quit and run - winners stay and grind it out to success.

So the question remains are you a winner or a loser?

I don't want to leave the conference. I thoroughly enjoy taking every penny that this lousy conference is willing to dole out. I think we should continue to get rich off of a conference that we have no respect for, and continue to be the "squeaky wheel"

Losers quit and run - winners stay and grind it out to success.

So the question remains are you a winner or a loser?
So you’ve stayed and been grinding it out for decades and haven’t won more than a few B1G trophies, mostly shared... what does that make you? I’m impressed that you’ve stayed and ground it out, but I don’t see the success.

Does that make you inept?

I don't want to leave the conference. I thoroughly enjoy taking every penny that this lousy conference is willing to dole out. I think we should continue to get rich off of a conference that we have no respect for, and continue to be the "squeaky wheel"
Not me. I think we need out. It’s to the point where we know we will get dicked over by the conference at every turn. No one is even remotely surprised by it and the schools in the conference, not only accept it, they love it. In a conference with cheaters, rapists, pedos and racists, we are the black sheep and always will be.

Look, if you go to other message boards of teams that you are not a fan of to "tell them how it is" and "how they should feel" you are a loser.

You knew that, well before you hit "post reply" but you still did it.

Think about that for a minute. Now, I will give some non-PSU fans for going to the PSU boards and ripping on them for what their gross coaches did with boys...and I get making fun of Iowa because they hate black people.

But to be mad at Nebraska fans for...hold on...wanting to play football...well you just sound like a loser.

Look, you are pissed as well, assuming you are a Wisconsin fan, that your team is not playing this weekend. And if you are a fan of another team, you will be pissed if this happens to your team. Why wouldn't you be? It makes sense. Everyone posting here and on all these similar sites are, newsflash, football fans! We want to see football and especially see the team(s) we like get the play games.

So again, think what you are bitching about...you are bitching about fans wanting to see their team play football.

Now, go back to "chatting" with that 'hot gir"l that is really a bot on Tinder...By now "she" should be telling you a sad story about how her dog is sick and she needs 500 dollars...so get that Venmo ready.

So you’ve stayed and been grinding it out for decades and haven’t won more than a few B1G trophies, mostly shared... what does that make you? I’m impressed that you’ve stayed and ground it out, but I don’t see the success.

Does that make you inept?
They haven't won the BIG. They made themselves some rings for a 2 loss season. That's it.

Could you repeat that?

315ffc3ff0eaf411f8363f633ed52e95.jpg

Reactions: dinglefritz
Honestly you do have some valid points here, but coming on here and claiming that the BIG is not out to get us is a pretty ballsy move, especially when there are quite a few signs that make you question it. I will give you that for the pst 20 years we have been average to slightly above average at best, and we refuse to let go of the glory days, what fan base wouldn’t struggle with that?

The reality is, the writing was on the wall the moment we opened out mouths and spoke up about wanting to play this year. The final straw that would prove that the BIG is out for us would be if indeed this 21 day rule is drawn back to a 10 day rule, how can you adjust that rule but not approve a request to let us play ball? Hell let us play and assume the risk that if we test positive and can’t play the next game it ends up as a Forfeit, because we played a non conference team.

No I don’t think Nebraska needs to take our ball and go home because the BIG isn’t playing nice, we need to suck it up and start winning, but it is hard to win when the cards are stacked against you. Most Nebraska fans are not complaining because we feel like we can’t win in the BIG , we’re complaining because the BIG isn’t trying to keep a level playing field, they will cater to OSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin. If you don’t agree with that ask yourself would the BIG had changed their plan for this year if OSU didn’t get vocal with us? Would the BIG allow OSU play that out of conference game if they needed it to play that 8th game and get into the playoffs? Would the conference entertain the idea of walking back the 21 days for Nebraska, like it is for the badgers? Seriously ask those questions, and if you're being honest you’ll start to see the little biases the BIG has... it’s a much different view for those teams that are not on the beneficial end of them.

See.. this shit only gets worse now.. and it will continue to fester like this.. the only solution is to get out.

Reactions: headcard
Maybe we should cover up rape of student athletes and children for years? Or maybe physically abuse athletes or racially abuse athletes for 20 years? Would we be more welcomed then?

google Kyle Williams Purdue and Laurence Phillips and you tell me how their actions were different bozo. One ended up paying the biggest and the other got a six monthsuspension

Maybe we should cover up rape of student athletes and children for years? Or maybe physically abuse athletes or racially abuse athletes for 20 years? Would we be more welcomed then?
Penn St never truly belonged until they covered all that up.

Don’t we check all those boxes under T.O.? Peter brother? L.P.?

Seems like there's a lot of common ground here. Any help you can offer to get us kicked out would be greatly appreciated. Win/win.

If you need me to speak at some sort of hearing I’m game.. get a big 12 welcome back committee and we will bring Tommie Frazier, AC Slater and Zach Morris to act as witnesses for your fan transfer back to the big 12 . MC Hammer will give last rites. We will celebrate by driving ford broncos down the 101

Reactions: Rick Chick
If you need me to speak at some sort of hearing I’m game.. get a big 12 welcome back committee and we will bring Tommie Frazier, AC Slater and Zach Morris to act as witnesses for your fan transfer back to the big 12 . MC Hammer will give last rites. We will celebrate by driving ford broncos down the 101
Sounds like a solid plan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT